Lewis Buxton.. the latest thread

Guest thetruthisoutthere

I keep bangin on about him, but Lewis "Cafu" Buxton improves every time we play.

Home and away this season, he has been a stand out on a number of occasions.

As i mentioned in another post, Jameson, Mellor, Spurr, Morrison and Beevers were excellent today ( feel free to disagree if you went ) but Lewis was a cut above again,

He is probably the best and most natural centre half we have available, but i honestly believe you could ask him to play up front or in goal and he would make a decent fist of it,

Thus, Lewis Buxton has earned a " buxton 3 " on the back of my away shirt, and i hope he keeps on showing the fight, spirit, hard work and actual quality that our owls need so much of this season.

Well done Lewis, keep it going, player of the year so far.

Agree totally, Jameson made 2 bad kicks that went out for throw ins but they were the only mistakes he made throughout the whole game.....the rest of the time I thought he performed extremely well and pulled off one world class save in particular when he tipped it over at full stretch. Well done Aaron that was a very good debut and fills me with confidence for if ever Weever cant play

Buxton has been excellent and easily our most consistent outfield player all season, long may it continue.

I'd like to see him move across to replace Beevers when Semi gets fit, a bit of composure in the middle would not go amiss - beevers looks panicked all the times these days & is becoming a real liability. I'm sure a spell out of the team would do him good

A lot of the time last season, Buxton was simply out paced by wingers. Sometimes positional sense isn't enough to deal with that. It's nice to see him feeling comfortable in this division.

With Purse likely to be one of the higher earners, will we see Buxton at centre back in January?

Buxton has benefitted from wednesday playing the ball on the deck to feet,he's a lot more confident and prepared to take the ball on when needed,good overlapping and crossing.

Last season he got sucked into bad habits,through no fault of his own covering for Purse's mistakes,but he was the one who got it in the neck,really pleased for Lewis,my player of the season up to now.

He's a solid defender who's looked a decent addition when he first joined but he gets destroyed by pace in the championship.

There is less pace and trickery in this league which is why it stands out in the likes of jj, bwp and mackail smith.

Glad he's doing better this year though and if we do go up maybe he needed a step back to go forwards as I really wasn't convinced last season.

I'd like to see him move across to replace Beevers when Semi gets fit, a bit of composure in the middle would not go amiss - beevers looks panicked all the times these days & is becoming a real liability. I'm sure a spell out of the team would do him good

This- against Hartlepool in the JPT we looked so much more composed as a team with Buxton playing instead of Beevers.