Lewis Buxton.. the latest thread

I keep bangin on about him, but Lewis "Cafu" Buxton improves every time we play.

Home and away this season, he has been a stand out on a number of occasions.

As i mentioned in another post, Jameson, Mellor, Spurr, Morrison and Beevers were excellent today ( feel free to disagree if you went ) but Lewis was a cut above again,

He is probably the best and most natural centre half we have available, but i honestly believe you could ask him to play up front or in goal and he would make a decent fist of it,

Thus, Lewis Buxton has earned a " buxton 3 " on the back of my away shirt, and i hope he keeps on showing the fight, spirit, hard work and actual quality that our owls need so much of this season.

Well done Lewis, keep it going, player of the year so far.

It's confidence with Buxton. He is playing terrific this season, long may it continue.

agree always thought that he does have it but the mental side of the game is not his strongest. after i was praising him against southampton and than we all know what happened i thought he might suffer but he hasnt and my hat of to him

Edited by benitocarbonara

agree with that - deserves a new contract, and would be devastated if he was sold in January.

Think hes better at centre half though, should be Purse's replacement next year when his contract runs out and we dont renew it, sign a third centre half and another full back. Semi on one flank, spurr or jones on the other, beevers and buxton in the middle.

a few players, not just at S6, should take a look at Buxtons example of how to win over your critics.

Guest Buxtonian

Showing my age now, but the more I see of Buxton, the more I'm reminded of Gerry Young. Remember, up until the transfer of Tony Kay to Everton, Young seemed to be the player who came in for anyone who was injured, be it Half-Back, Full-Back, Centre Forward or Winger. Wherever he played he played his heart out for Wdnesday, and it wasn't until the transferof Kay that he made No.6 HIS position, even winning an England Cap into the bargain. He too used to have his detractors, but carried on regardless and improved in confidence as well as his overall play, and proved to be a Hillsborough Legend.

I can forsee the like in Buxton. He is not afraid to play in defence, nor is he frightened to get forward, and he has the one thing lacking in many of today's players, not just Wed. but even so called stars, he can use BOTH FEET and is prepared to do so.

He was a cert for his first (?) and very much deserved player of the month award until Mellor bashed in two hat tricks in three games. Interestingly he won player of the year while at Portsmouth.

I've always defended him as a good player going through some bad form/confidence rather than a bad player. Purse's calamitous arrival seemed to unsettle him.

Guest Saturday Owl

My player of the season so far, looks very much improved on last season and looks like a rock in the centre of defence.

Did he not play a holding role on Adel Tarrabt last season and did really well? Maybe he could offer us this against the better teams.

AKA- Huddersfield, Charlton, Brighton, Bournemouth.

My player of the season so far, looks very much improved on last season and looks like a rock in the centre of defence.

Did he not play a holding role on Adel Tarrabt last season and did really well? Maybe he could offer us this against the better teams.

AKA- Huddersfield, Charlton, Brighton, Bournemouth.

Do any of those have a player like Taarabt? No more stifling tactics needed against these league one teams. If we attack them we needn't fear anyone.

Guest Saturday Owl

Do any of those have a player like Taarabt? No more stifling tactics needed against these league one teams. If we attack them we needn't fear anyone.

This is indeed very true. But knowing Alan :biggrin: Joking we've scored 15 goals in 4 games!