Statement

Guest intercity0wl

Guest intercity0wl

Wednesdayite Statement - SA Share Pooling Initiative

Following the press release issued by the Sheffield Wednesday Shareholders Association this morning, suggesting that the four major shareholders in SWFC PLC (in conjunction with a further 14% of individual shareholders) should offer their shares in the club in return for the settlement of at least the outstanding HMRC debt, Wednesdayite would like to offer its full support to this initiative and all like it that have the aim of safeguarding the immediate future of Sheffield Wednesday FC.

As part of the wider Save Our Owls campaign, any proposal that can generate the revenue required to keep the club out of administration is welcome and the Board of Wednesdayite is committed to working with all Owls fans groups to fully exploring all possibilities. Given the time constraints under which all efforts to save the club are working, Wednesdayite furthermore commits to preparing for a full ballot of its members on the sale of its shareholding immediately that a firm offer be made.

Wednesdayite would urge the three remaining major shareholders (Keith Addy, Geoff Hulley and Dave Allen) to make a statement of their position as regards this initiative as soon as possible, to give the maximum amount of time to interested parties to respond.

Thanks for taking the time to read this email!

The Wednesdayite Team

Seriously, why haven't the membership been given the opportunity to vote on this?

And before I get the usual replies about the amount of time this would take, last time I checked, they weren't the W'ite board's shares to give away.

Edited by Otto_Man

Seriously, why haven't the membership been given the opportunity to vote on this?

And before I get the usual replies about the amount of time this would take, last time I checked, they weren't the W'ite board's shares to give away.

We have supported it in principal - see the following from the statement yesterday

Given the time constraints under which all efforts to save the club are working, Wednesdayite furthermore commits to preparing for a full ballot of its members on the sale of its shareholding immediately that a firm offer be made.

We have supported it in principal - see the following from the statement yesterday

Thank you for taking the time to respond Paul, on reflection my initial reaction may have come across as quite confrontational and that was not what I intended (although I do believe that today's statement should have mentioned balloting the membership).

I have serious misgivings about what has been proposed by the 'SA' (although I believe it's been done with the very best of intentions) the main one being that the Co-Op bank shouldn't (IMO) have carte blanche over a decision like this as they have too much of a vested interest and have already signed off several groups of investors that have not proven to be suitable.

Because they have, and always have had the best interests of the club at heart, dont they ?.

As directors of the PLC, they're legally obliged to act in the best interests of the company, the Co-Op aren't obligated in the same way, surely they would only be interested in doing the best deal for themselves?