Bournemouth fancy their chances

Guest intercity0wl

From sky website:

Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe has striking problems ahead of his side's trip to Sheffield Wednesday.

Michael Symes and Josh McQuoid have both missed training this week with shoulder and calf problems but Howe will have to monitor their progress before naming them in the squad.

If both strikers fail fitness tests then veteran Steven Fletcher will start his first League One game for more than three years in a lone striker role.

Adam Smith, who is set to extend his loan spell with the Cherries before the trip to Hillsborough, will continue in defence, with Lee Bradbury occupying the bench again while Harry Arter has trained this week after a spell on the sidelines with a hernia injury and could be in contention for a place among the substitutes.

I'll take that. Although knowing us, he'll probably get a hattrick.

Guest East_Dene_Owl

I fancy our chances too. In all honesty despite their good form we should be beating teams like them.

However, I'm pretty sure in the very few occasions we've actually played them we've never beaten them before. 4 games, 3 losses, 1 draw (Heckingbottom equaliser at their place) and no wins so far I think.

It's time to put that right!

I thought we beat them at Hillsborough in our promotion season in 2005.

Can remember beating them in Full Members Cup as well.

I reckon they will be up there at the end of the season.

I don't, mid-table is where they will end up, there away form isn't no where near good enough.

From what I saw of them against Brighton on Sky t'other week they were flipping dire, but give them credit because their home record is fantastic.

They won't come and play football and attack us - they'll be defensive, frustrate us and get the players and crowd nervous and try to nick a goal.

Still think we'll do em tomorrow, can't see it being pretty though.

Guest Darkus Owlus

From what I saw of them against Brighton on Sky t'other week they were flipping dire, but give them credit because their home record is fantastic.

They won't come and play football and attack us - they'll be defensive, frustrate us and get the players and crowd nervous and try to nick a goal.

But Purse said it would be from now on...?

I agree

Their defence was dire last weekend against MK Dons too.......providing we attack them down the wings (especially their right) we could get a few goals.....their attack is pretty good though and their midfield does support right up to the penalty area when they are attacking.........unlike us.

Edited by gandiaowl

I agree

Their defence was dire last weekend against MK Dons too.......providing we attack them down the wings (especially their right) we could get a few goals.....their attack is pretty good though and their midfield does support right up to the penalty area when they are attacking.........unlike us.

It sounds like some of their regular attackers are injured. Fingers crossed, we cant let them go 4 points ahead of us.

Guest ravenjetbyrne

Not too sure, THEY are deffinetly a decent side but IF Millar and Coke play, and in there most effectivive positions and JJ is fit enough to play more than a bit part i have a good feeling about this one being a cracking game. Here's hoping anyway.

THATS IMPOSSIBLE AS THERE BEST POSITIONS ARE THE SAME POSITION,I

WHICH IS AS AN ATTACKING DYNAMIC CENTRE MID,ALONG SIDE A GRAFTER,,

I WOULD LIKE EVERYONE ELSE BE INTRIGUED TO SEE IT,AND IM SURE AT SOME STAGE WE WILL,

BUT TRUELLY I DONT THINK I WOULD WORK WITHOUT CURBING THERE ATTACKING INSTINCTS,AND THUS RENDERING THEM IMPOTENT,,

THE PURFECT HOGH PROFILEEXAMPLE OF THIS IS GERRARD/LAMPARD,

YOU END UP WITH THEM BOTH UNSURE,TRIPPING OVER EACH OTHER,,AND ONE WILL ALWAYS SUFFER

MR IRVINE,IN PLAYING MILLER WIDE,,

CAN ACCOMODATE BOTH,

MILLER PLAYS WELL IN THAT POSITION,HES BEEN PUT THERE MANY TIMES IN HIS CAREER

HE ALSO HAS DONE SO WELL THERE,HES INLINE FOR PLAYER OF THE MONTH

ALSO YOU GET COKE PLAYING WELL,WITH O"CONNER DOING THE DONKEY WORK

JJ MILLER COKE TEALE FOR INSTANCE IS SO PAINLY LIGHTWEIGHT,LAWS HIMSLEF WOULD BE PROUD

WE DONT HAVE THIS OUTSTANDING DEFENSIVE RECORD FOR NOTHING,

O"CONNER NEEDS TO BE SHOWN SOME LOVE ON HEAR

RAVENJETBYRNE

MR IRVINE OS NOT A MUG,,AND HES NOT STUPID,HE WILL