Charlton Away

Guest CDswfc

I'm going to London for the weekend with the girlfriend and this match just happened to be on....

We're staying with a mate just beside Wembley, whats the best route from there to Charlton?

I'd take the Tube from Wembley Park to London Bridge on the Jubilee Line - takes 30-32 minutes.

Then Train from London Bridge to Charlton- takes 15-16 minutes.

Guest fatherjack

That's what I'm doing.

Nottingham to St Pancras.

Tube to London Bridge.

London Bridge to Charlton.

20 odd of us going same way mate 8.30am train from Sheffield to London

I'd take the Tube from Wembley Park to London Bridge on the Jubilee Line - takes 30-32 minutes.

You can't do it that way because Jubilee is closed at Green Park

From Wembley i'd get the Overground to Euston and then the Northen Line (Bank Branch) to London Bridge

You can't do it that way because Jubilee is closed at Green Park

From Wembley i'd get the Overground to Euston and then the Northen Line (Bank Branch) to London Bridge

The Underground is a complete joke on weekends at the moment. It's going to take me an hour to get there by overland rail, and I only live in Putney.

I'm dropping my brother off at Heathrow about midday so then it'll be a race across London. Anyone know the best way? Can either drive or get on public transport

You'll probably find that a satnav will take you round the south circular - in which case you'd be quicker walking

I'd probably drop your brother off an hour earlier and he can have a couple of beers in the airport - then drive to a train station, park up and let the train take the strain

We are staying at my father-in-laws house in Northwood.

Looking at what is closed on the underground and whats not it looks like being the met down to finchley road, hop on the jubilee to bond street then central line to Bank. Walk to Canon street for one of the many trains to Charlton.

Any London based owls who know of a better way do please tell.