Laws & Irvine

Laws team goes away, plenty of goals and entertainment, but cant defend and end up with a point. (how many times did that happen?)

Irvine's team goes away, it isnt pretty to watch, but another clean sheet and 3 points

I know which Manager id prefer......

Edited by mark77

Laws team goes away, plenty of goals and entertainment, but cant defend and end up with a point. (how many times did that happen?)

Irvine's team goes away, it isnt pretty to watch, but another clean sheet and 3 points

Sturrock? :biggrin:

Irvine is dull and negative, but I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than have Laws back.

I'd prefer neither.

And not a fair comparison anyway because they're managing in different divisions.

Thats not the point im making, remember Preston at Home last season??? Brilliant Football but we couldn't defend and we lost. The point im making is that entertaining Football isnt always the right way, at the end of the day WINNING is ALL that matters and we're doing that.

Are you really comparing two managers by looking at the respective performances of two different teams, playing different opposition, in different leagues, in different circumstances? I'd say that today said absolutely nothing, personally...

Im not comparing the results today, im simply saying the Laws team's play a more open style and it doesn't always get you the results at the end of the day. How many times did we play well and get a draw or nothing because we couldn't defend under him?????

Guest pac-man

A mixture of both!

Guest pac-man

Thats not the point im making, remember Preston at Home last season??? Brilliant Football but we couldn't defend and we lost. The point im making is that entertaining Football isnt always the right way, at the end of the day WINNING is ALL that matters and we're doing that.

Preston were a good passing side under AI. We want a team like that!

Guest chris_owl

Madrid fans say Mourinho is boring and negative.

Would everyone complain if he was our next manager?

I think Irvine's doing a decent job, and i'm looking forward to him proving everyone wrong with a promotion

Irvine's team goes away, at Championship level, it isn't pretty to watch, but can't defend, attack, create, chances, score, or get any points...

Guest chesowl

Fewest goals conceded in the league so far.

That would indicate AI has spent some time helping the defence actually defend. If only we had that under laws, good attacking team-not so good defending.

Football is a results business so who really gives a throw how we collect the 3 points. AI is still fairly new to his role and it will all take time to gel collectively.

This team will eventually click and will start scoring goals, so long as the team continue to concede very few goals then we will be up the top end of the table.