Just got back......

Looked a great second half on Sky Sport News... :rolleyes:

2 goals

Clean sheet

3 points.

Job done.

Better attacking play will come with time. Lets not forget that most of these players have been thrown together and expected to perform AND get results straight away. Its just not going to happen, nor should we really expect it.

What we can expect is that these players, many of whom are experienced at Championship level, should show a lot of character. If that involves responding well to 4 losses in a row with 10 points from 4 league games including 3 wins in a row without conceding a goal, plus a cup win on penalties after coming back twice from behind, then I think we're doing OK.

Another point - maybe aside from Peterborough, I think we're pretty much the only team in the country that has been relegated and is now expected to get automatic promotion at the first attempt. We're certainly doing better than Portsmouth, Burnley, Hull, Plymouth, Southend, Gillingham or Stockport in their leagues, in non too dissimilar circumstances.

Well it was only my second away game of the season, hartlepool uother one and i thought we were pretty good

Miller looks really good in this league

Defence looks like best in division only conceded 7 goals in 12 games

JJ unstoppable in this league IMHO if he stays/sees fit

Top day out sunshine, beer in the Marquee less than 50 yards from my seat, great goal and win

Loads of Wednesday fans in main stand today as well, dont know why our seats werent sold out though

Looked a great second half on Sky Sport News... :rolleyes:

2 goals

Clean sheet

3 points.

Job done.

Better attacking play will come with time. Lets not forget that most of these players have been thrown together and expected to perform AND get results straight away. Its just not going to happen, nor should we really expect it.

What we can expect is that these players, many of whom are experienced at Championship level, should show a lot of character. If that involves responding well to 4 losses in a row with 10 points from 4 league games including 3 wins in a row without conceding a goal, plus a cup win on penalties after coming back twice from behind, then I think we're doing OK.

Another point - maybe aside from Peterborough, I think we're pretty much the only team in the country that has been relegated and is now expected to get automatic promotion at the first attempt. We're certainly doing better than Portsmouth, Burnley, Hull, Plymouth, Southend, Gillingham or Stockport in their leagues, in non too dissimilar circumstances.

Cool story bro, but the fact is talking sense is forbidden on Owlstalk.

Irvine out, somebody else in! :ph34r:

Guest mrbluesky

Hats off to all that went.....being a Wednesdayite makes me mighty proud! (until I look in the boardroom threads)

Yeah i feel that emptiness.

So our tactics will be the same as they were last season?

Defend for our lives, and on those rare occasions we get the ball off the opponents, hoof it up to Johnson and let him try and win the game by himself?

Great.

I'm just bloody glad there is someone else who can see the obvious flaws.

I'm looking forward to peoples reaction on here after we've played Bournemouth, Charlton and Huddersfield.

So far against good/decent teams at this level, we ain't done too well.

Plymouth, Southampton, Colchester (away), Carlisle, Oldham all non wins.

Only got a win against Brighton.

Crap teams don't punish you, see Orient last week as a prime example.

Good teams do... Next three games are a massive test.

I'm looking forward to peoples reaction on here after we've played Bournemouth, Charlton and Huddersfield.

just seen Charlton on SSN and their defence was appalling, shipped 4 against Brighton. Peterborough's weren't much better

Edited by darra

So true.

We're long overdue a good spanking by some real quality, and in my opinion that might be the kick up the ass we need.

Was impressed with Semi and Daniel Jones today, both put in good shifts and delivered some decent crosses into the mix (although Daniel Jones had the gayest football boots on in history.......think they were purple and fluorescent pink).

Semi got applauded off the pitch after being sent off, to which Semi agnowledged the fans and clapped the support to which several Yeovil fans started shouting at us ''Tht's disgraceful clapping a player for getting sent off'' :laugh: GAYER!

Highlight of the day was the chant for Weaver to step up to take the penalty.

poo poo game..........but great day.

There isn't a good side in this division, including Wednesday!

Just got back. Our first trip on the Wednesdayite coach, and the first time my son has seen Wednesday win away, I've only been taking him for two seasons though, admittedly we don't go every game.

First 15 minutes we were all over them, played some really nice passing, no sign of any longball, then Teale missed a sitter and we went down a couple of gears. Yeovil were awful, and yet we made life very difficult for ourselves.

JJ came on and changed the game, they were frightened to death of him, he scored as good a goal as you will see, it merited a more fitting arena than league 1. JJ also provided the pass that sent Otsemebor through for the penalty.

Plus points for me -

JJ obviously.

Buxton looked very solid.

Weaver was excellent when called upon, the save he made at the end was awesome.

Tommy Miller needs to be played every game, but in central midfield please.

All aboard the Wednesdayite coach who made our trip memorable.

And a thankyou to Utah Owl, really enjoyed your company today, all the best mate.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

A bright start. but then we just seemed to stop playing and reverted to the usual clueless, tacticless negative dross. Great to see JJ back and changing the game though, I was right in line with the shot and it curled in perfectly.

Yeovil fans were friendly enough, but putting photos of our players up in the away end and having the turnstile operator wear an Owls shirt was just sucking up!