Reality Check

Guest zero)))

Guest zero)))

It's quite clear that we aren't going to "rape this league" from some of the pre-season comments.

Our team is made up of players who were relegated and players who's clubs didn't think they were good enough to renew their contracts.

So instead of booing after half an hour cos we're not winning 2-0, try supporting the team for 90 minutes, it's a crazy idea but sometimes helps..

Why can't our home support be like our away?

Guest zero)))

you wasnt there on sat then?

our players should be more than good enough.

edit: and i didnt boo at half time btw. and i support them 100 per cent. just sayin' like.

wasn't there on saturday i have season ticket but also have man flu.

i have noticed this in the past few games though we start off OK but as soon as the crowd turn we just turn poo poo.

blame the players, blame the fans, blame both but this is whats happening.

Guest Sniper1

It's quite clear that we aren't going to "rape this league" from some of the pre-season comments.

Its called optimism.

Our team is made up of players who were relegated and players who's clubs didn't think they were good enough to renew their contracts.

Joe Cole, Micheal Ballack, because they ran out of contract doesn't mean they are poor footballers, these players we signed are good enough for League One.

So instead of booing after half an hour cos we're not winning 2-0, try supporting the team for 90 minutes, it's a crazy idea but sometimes helps..

I never agree with booing players during a game, its stupid but the frustrations of the relegation plus the money problems are starting to show.

Why can't our home support be like our away?

Our away support is the best in the country, Hillsborough at the moment is too big for us, its a shame but thats how it is when we are scrapping in the 3rd division.

its understandable though.

mid october and we have produced just ONE good performance despite having arguably the best squad (and second highest wage bill) in the league. yesterday was depressing..it would have made man flu seem like a right laugh.

very worrying.

Guest zero)))

its understandable though.

mid october and we have produced just ONE good performance despite having arguably the best squad (and second highest wage bill) in the league. yesterday was depressing..it would have made man flu seem like a right laugh.

very worrying.

I know it's hard, we have been poo poo for 15 years but if the fans just saved the boos after 90 mins think it would help during the game.

Guest Sniper1

I know it's hard, we have been poo poo for 15 years but if the fans just saved the boos after 90 mins think it would help during the game.

Most of the boo boys aren't going to read this, they are either too old or too Chavvy.

I don't think many on here would actually boo the team after 15 mins of football, Booing is just another way of showing passion, probably an uneducated way but it is passion.

I normally just shake my head or sware under my breath if something isn't working but saying that i don't have 10 pints before the game.

exactly...15 years. if thats not patience i dont know what is.

i rarely boo but i dont blame those who did yesterday.

Guest ravenjetbyrne

YOUR MAKING A VERY GOOD POINT

WE HAVE TO REMEBER THAT WE ARE A DIVISION 3 TEAM AT THE MOMENT

THE PLAYERS AVAILABLE TO US,ARNT GOING TO BE OF THE QUAILITY THAT WE TRADITIONALLY ARE USED TO,

IN TURN THE PLAYERS ARE PLAYING FOR A LOWER LEAGUE TEAM THAT PULLS HUGE GATES,BIGGER THAN SOME PREMIER LEAGUE TEAMS,,

OUR HOME SUPPORT IS A POWERFUL THING,

IT CAN INTIMIDATE THE AWAY TEAM,BUT EVEN WORSE,WHEN WE GET ON THE TEAMSBACK ,IT EFFECTS THEM NEGATIVELY

, THEY REALLY DONT PLAY BETTER,PROBERLY WORSE

SO LETS TRY AND GET BEHIND THE TEAM AT THIS EARLY STAGE,

A TEAM WITH MANY NEW PLAYERS,LEARNING NEW SYSTEMS,,,UNDER A NEW MANAGER...

ITS HARMING OUR PLAYERS,IT REMINDS ME OF THE ENGLAND TEAM FREEZING AT WEMBLEY

ITS NO USE BOOING THEM IF U WANT WEDNESDAY TO WIN,

AFTER THE FINAL WHISTLE THEN THATS THE TIME,THE MATCH IS OVER,,

BUT WHILST IN PLAY,ITS AFFECTING THE PLAYERS.LIVE ON THE PITCH...

YOU SHOULD SAY,WELL THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO DEAL WITH IT,,BUT REMEBER,THEY ALL HAVE REASONS THEY ARNT PLAYINGF AT A HIGHER LEVEL,,SOME OF THEM ,ITS MENTAL,,,,AND THEY WILL WILT AND HAV DONE,,,

IT MIGHT NOT BE PRETTY,BUT ITS OUR TEAM,,AND WE LOVE THEM

I LOVE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM,,EVEN POTTER,

,AND I HOPE THEY CAN IMPROVE,,BUT HOPEFUL;LY,WE CAN BE UPGRADING IN THE FUTURE,IN MANY AREAS, ANYWAY,,

THIS KID HAS BEEN BORN A LITTLE DISABLED,BUT LETS NOT TIE IT TO A CHAIR AND BURN ITS ARMS WITH CIGGARETTES,,,IT AIANT RIGHT

RAVENJETBYRNBE

Guest madforitowl

Dont ever boo but get so frustrated at times when i have to watch the pile of crap irvine gives us each week.

A point i would say tho is to the people who moan about our fans moaning it happens all over the country at all clubs with big crowds when there no playing well.Times have changed its what the modern fan does when they feel there not getting the football and entertainment they want. Its ot a wednesday thing

Like pretty much every team in this god-forsaken league then.

We've got championship experience in abundance, yet we're being completely outclassed in every single department by the likes of Leyton Orient. No disrespect to these clubs, but with our wage bill/training facilities etc we are above the vast majority of teams in this division.

Displays like saturday simply can't go on, no more excuses.

Like pretty much every team in this god-forsaken league then.

We've got championship experience in abundance, yet we're being completely outclassed in every single department by the likes of Leyton Orient. No disrespect to these clubs, but with our wage bill/training facilities etc we are above the vast majority of teams in this division.

Displays like saturday simply can't go on, no more excuses.

Exactly right

Hopefully this is a fresh start for SWFC, so the apathy towards the team and club should theoretically dissolve?

I'm hopeful that if/when this deal goes through everyone will be a lot more optimistic. Yes it is up to the players to get the fans going, but its also a two way street...if the players dont seem to care then fair enough, but if they are just struggling despite their best efforts then its in everyones interest to get behind them.