Dressing room like a morgue

Guest Briscoe Inferno

Guest Briscoe Inferno

A disturbing quote by Irvine in the League Paper..

Like the majority of fans, I am not surprised the players are getting fed up with what they are being asked to do with Irvines tactics etc.

If don't enjoy going to work, you don't perform to your best.

The character vs Chesterfield was clear - that success should have been used to build togetherness.

Sometimes its more than a win that breeds confidence.

We now have [almost] investment - arrest the dwindling gates and appoint Shez.....

Edited by Briscoe Inferno

irvines style of plays shocking, i hate watching it, we're 5th in the league and won yesterday, wilko's the chair at the lma, i can just see it now, 'why did you sack irvine howard?, because we won saturday but the fans don't like the football that's being served up.

you've gotta laugh.

Guest Briscoe Inferno

irvines style of plays shocking, i hate watching it, we're 5th in the league and won yesterday, wilko's the chair at the lma, i can just see it now, 'why did you sack irvine howard?, because we won saturday but the fans don't like the football that's being served up.you've gotta laugh.

:laugh:

I know Sgt Wilko has enough Anglo-Saxon in his vocabulary to keep it simple....

Guest Briscoe Inferno

IRVINES STYLE OF PLAY IS NOT DISSIMILAR TO JACK CHARLTONS WHEN HE 1ST TOOK OVER ...NOT PRETTY BUT HE GOT THE JOB DONE LETS HOPE AI DOES THE SAME

:blink:

Thats certainly an opinion.

Irvine the inspirational eh?......

The significant difference is that Charlton knew what he building and got the best out the tools in the box.

And not like Irvine, by using a screwdriver to see if the shelf is level...

On FF yesterday Waddle was talking about the laugh they used to have in the dressing room before games and the general buzz that was around the squad when he played. Silly games etc before matches that helped players relax.

Irvine sat motionless throughout looking very serious. You just knew that that sort of thing wasn't happening at the minute.

Guest mattdaowl

why keep slagging irvine off? look at what he did with preston got them too the play offs twice.have faith bloodyhell and stop being negative.Irvine is a good manager despite what tactics he plays we won dint we so whats with the moaning still?

Guest Sheff Owl

Did you hear Waddle on football focus talking about the team spirit when he was here and what they did in the dressing room?

Ask he was talking about it, there was nothing from Irvine no expression or anything can just imagine the players just sat there listening to his boring, dull flipping team talks.

why keep slagging irvine off? look at what he did with preston got them too the play offs twice.have faith bloodyhell and stop being negative.Irvine is a good manager despite what tactics he plays we won dint we so whats with the moaning still?

A few things. . .

Irvine got Preston to the play offs once, where they were subsequently played off the park by the Pigs.

The bit in bold :huh:

"He is a good manager despite what tactics he plays."

Ah right, so the tactics deployed by the manager and the manager himself are mutually exclusive. . .

Edited by SiJ

Did you hear Waddle on football focus talking about the team spirit when he was here and what they did in the dressing room?

Ask he was talking about it, there was nothing from Irvine no expression or anything can just imagine the players just sat there listening to his boring, dull flipping team talks.

Exactly. I reckon we've got some characters in our squad, we need a manager to be the same.

I noticed how Waddle was making a point of mentioning that, whenever possible.

The dressing room morgue comment maybe related to the whole admin situation though. Have the players been paid this month?

Guest Sheff Owl

I noticed how Waddle was making a point of mentioning that, whenever possible.

The dressing room morgue comment maybe related to the whole admin situation though. Have the players been paid this month?

Yep i noticed that he kept mentioning 'team spirit' quite a lot, maybe something really is not right.

A good coach does not necessarily equal a good manager. There are countless examples of those who tried and failed.

We've always been more successful when we've had managers who have had compelling characters and charisma. A year ago, this club was crying out for a charismatic appointment as part of its regeneration and I'm sure we we would have still been playing Championship football right now.

You only have to look at what Warnock did with Palace and now QPR - who were hovering around the same positions as us over the last 2-3 years prior to his arrival.

A good manager can motivate players to believe beyond their ability, but this is not necessarily the case with a good coach.

And that is what we are seeing.

Edited by Daz

We need to be totally rebuilt if you ask me. We need a vision and with new owners on the horizon this could be the time to develop it.

No point in just sacking a manager and getting another one. We've tried that. We need a vision for the future. Then we need to appoint/or keep a manager that shares that vision.

And the dressing room thing needs addressing.

Guest Woz1867

On FF yesterday Waddle was talking about the laugh they used to have in the dressing room before games and the general buzz that was around the squad when he played. Silly games etc before matches that helped players relax.

Irvine sat motionless throughout looking very serious. You just knew that that sort of thing wasn't happening at the minute.

Reading Waddles book, some of the top pros at Wednesday, Palmer, Shezza etc had different views to Tricky trev on how the team should play.

I wonder if that is the same scenario with the current team and management?

We need to be totally rebuilt if you ask me. We need a vision and with new owners on the horizon this could be the time to develop it.

No point in just sacking a manager and getting another one. We've tried that. We need a vision for the future. Then we need to appoint/or keep a manager that shares that vision.

And the dressing room thing needs addressing.

What dressing room thing?

lets look at the evidence Waddle says in his day the dressing room was full of characters, Irvine sits there and doesn't say anything. Ergo the dressing room is an issue and like a morgue. Got me convinced with such compelling evidence