Jones/Spurr and Teale

Guest sideline

Guest intercity0wl

Don't know about Jon, but I agree that Spurr didn't match with Teale yesterday. They seem to delight in making 'wee wee tail-ups' for each other.

But where oh where is the 'Attacking mentality' in Otsemobor? Yesterday he played as though he was in a transparentn cage some 20 yards either side the centre line and about 3 yards in from the touchline! I couldn't make my mind up as to what position it was supposed to be. It was neither full back nor winger. There were times when the opportunity arose for him to attack down the touchline, and every time he chose to pass inside and ignore the oportunity.

His natural tendency seems to be to overlap and get forward at every opportunity but maybe he can hear the rousting he will get from AI if he shows too much attacking intent and is not in a position to quickly drop 20 yards behind the ball as soon as our possesion, (i wont call it attacking) breaks down. Him and many others look scared sh*tless to do anything that affects the shape of the team.

Guest Sheff Owl

His natural tendency seems to be to overlap and get forward at every opportunity but maybe he can hear the rousting he will get from AI if he shows too much attacking intent and is not in a position to quickly drop 20 yards behind the ball as soon as our possesion, (i wont call it attacking) breaks down. Him and many others look scared sh*tless to do anything that affects the shape of the team.

Exaclty no freedom to play. Irvine has wiped it from us.

You could see Jones wanting to get forward but due to the instructions from the Management he had to watch himself.

the same happened with Esajas, he would be out of the wing hands in the air wanting the ball and Tommy would just go inside or back every time. At least Teal has the bottle to show he's getting annoyed.

It makes you wonder if they do any sort of wing training with the overlaps etc as from the looks of the games they don't.

if the vvanking about on the touchline at the start of the 2nd. half is anything to go by, then training must be a right joke...maybe that's why we look like a side that's never even met one another when we're on the field...

After Wednesday night I was very impressed with Gary Teale and Daniel Jones, they worked very well together and seemed to be thinking in tandem at most points down that wing, today however I did not see that from Teale and Spurr, at points it was almost as if Teale did not trust Spurr enough to lay the ball off to him which at points I had no problem with as Teale does seem to want to run at players and make something happen. I know at halftime today I was hoping I would see Jones come on for Spurr to see if the combination of Jones and Teale would work again. Can anyone else see this, or is it all in my head?

nNo its not in your head,Spurr will not pass to the winger if he can get away with it.Last season when there was a pass on to the wing man he would pass it inside,its as if he wants allthe limelight to run up the wing and cross the ball.

I dont think Full back is where Jones should be playing but i do like the way he is prepared to go against the norm and actuially look to go forward at every opportunity which lets face it is refreshing in such a safety first setup.

i also though Spurr was very poor again yesterday, and Jon just to see if our oppinions on players is totally opposite ( except for Esajas) what do you think of Ostemobor as i quite like him in the side also, probably due to that Attacking mentality again

Kev, I think Semi has pace to burn which in any team is an asset. I also (like Jones) think he is better going forward than he is at defending. I think sometimes defensively he has looked a bit naive but his pace has the ability to get him out of some situations. Jones doesn't have that. So far he has looked a decent signing and more than adequate for this league.

I dont think Full back is where Jones should be playing but i do like the way he is prepared to go against the norm and actuially look to go forward at every opportunity which lets face it is refreshing in such a safety first setup.

i also though Spurr was very poor again yesterday, and Jon just to see if our oppinions on players is totally opposite ( except for Esajas) what do you think of Ostemobor as i quite like him in the side also, probably due to that Attacking mentality again

Kev, I think Semi has pace to burn which in any team is an asset. I also (like Jones) think he is better going forward than he is at defending. I think sometimes defensively he has looked a bit naive but his pace has the ability to get him out of some situations. Jones doesn't have that. So far he has looked a decent signing and more than adequate for this league.

Teale has been more than steady recently and deserves the credit he is getting from some quarters, Jones is another player i like for Wednesday i reckon his time will come.

Osty just seems panicky all the time, i can't put my finger on it but he needs to improve.