Attendance today

Guest KOPMATSR

Guest KOPMATSR

why on earth didnt anybody come down to hillsbrough today? a good run of form and investment + lawro talking about queues outside the box office left me thinking about 10k more people coming along today.

what would the attendance been without investment?

Guest madforitowl

Great news investment but that dosnt take away from the drivel on the field that we have to watch mate. The good form quote is surely a joke because this season we have hardly played any good football at all

why on earth didnt anybody come down to hillsbrough today? a good run of form and investment + lawro talking about queues outside the box office left me thinking about 10k more people coming along today.

what would the attendance been without investment?

Good run of form? Before today our league form was 1 win in 6. Good news about investment yes, but the football on offer is still very poor.

Guest ArbourOwl

Does this just confirm that people ren't on the net as much as certain people think? My mate knew nothing about it until i told him about 230 this afternoon.

Guest intercity0wl

About 17000 :st2:

How bad would it have been if investment hadn't been announced last night?

Half of those around me were not even aware of the investment news from last night.

Guest owls_4_life

Half of those around me were not even aware of the investment news from last night.

It's Lauro's fault for getting my hopes up saying there were massive queues at the ticket office!

Considering our good news last night the atmosphere was awful today.

Guest pac-man

There is to many stay away fans who should have no reason not to come back now. But i am sure they will think of some reason why they cannot attend. We are all wednesday and they should remember that and get down to hillsboro and cheer the boys on. WTID!

Guest Sniper1

The crowd was disappointing really.

The football we played proved the stayaway's were probably right to save their money.

We have been poor really on the field since Hartlepool, Notts County was ok but we need to start putting performances on at Hillsborough for the crowds to start building.

Investment means nothing to the majority until the money is in the bank and we start to see changes on the field.

A little concerned about the negativity and lack of creativity.

I think Alan is getting it abit wrong, we could have done with a real performance today.

Giles Coke our most creative midfielder was missing so we replace him with JOC, Tudgay was quality V Notts County he then gets moved up top again.

Tommy Miller being played out on the right is baffling especially with Coke missing, Teale needs to be played down the right so he can go passed his man.

We have a naturally left sided player with a great deal of pace and a good delivery on the bench in Jones.

We should set up to win our home games, not set up not to lose and nick a winner.

We need to stop worrying about other teams and let them worry about us, we have the best players in the division.

Thought there may have been a few more there today, but there is no way a bit of information about an investment of £2m was going to get hoards of people down to Hillsborough the next morning. Many people don't even know who the consortium are yet.

If we keep winning and stay around the play-offs and automatic positions then we'll get around 20k, but Hillsborough isn't gonig to be packed because we've been given an inital sum of £2m.

1. Despite what people think, most Owls fans don't take any notice of the internet and many are uninterested/unaware of boardroom problems.

2. Investment has zero effect on attendance, why should it?

3. It's taken years of indifference and downright hostility to drive fans away, only a spectacular winning run will get them back. WINNING is what matters, not attractive football.

4. £26 (in the south) is a ludicrous price to pay against Leyton Orient.

It's been a great week for us diehards but for the casual fan nothing has changed, we're still a midtable bankrupt third division side who play boring football and charge double what the football is worth.