25/10/1980 V ORIENT

14 hours ago, Etchesketch said:

He'd not played for ages before the semi either.  He came in scored, didn't play rest of season and a few weeks later was released.

I know he scored our goal, but my memory of the game ( I was young) and for people who attended he was anonymous in that game ( other than the goal) I’m sure one of the players said as much in some book I’ve read. Charlton ballsed up by playing Heard at left back so he could bring Ante in the team.

1 hour ago, sexpistol said:

I know he scored our goal, but my memory of the game ( I was young) and for people who attended he was anonymous in that game ( other than the goal) I’m sure one of the players said as much in some book I’ve read. Charlton ballsed up by playing Heard at left back so he could bring Ante in the team.

Didn't Pat Heard play because Ian Bailey had broken his leg the week before?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Ian Fleming said:

Heard was already in the team in midfield. The general consensus was that Charlie Williamson would be brought in at left back for the game, thus not affecting the teams shape. Charlton saw differently.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Ian Fleming said:

Yeah I’m sure Bailey broke his leg a week or so before at Bolton

Thought was Big Jack changed the left side to accommodate Ante and dropping Heard back instead of changing like for like

i think that would have meant Williamson coming in for Bailey

On 08/10/2010 at 22:39, brian joicey said:

anyone remember anything significant about this match???? (while i'm being all nostalgic)

Yep think we were 2-0 up and cruising but then John Chiedozie scored twice for them and ended up 2-2.

Guest Garryswfcowl72
18 minutes ago, Cockers said:

I believe the Green Un headline that Saturday night was “Ante climax”. Obviously it was Ante’s debut and we finished 2-2 after being 2-0 up. 

7ABDE854-2DB7-471F-A33D-FAF8928F91F7.jpeg

Guest Garryswfcowl72
6 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

The Andy Mac goal was used as part of the opening titles for YTVs the big game in the 81/82 season

About 30 seconds in

Love a bit of brookside lol