25/10/1980 V ORIENT

I remember we were 2-0 up, and I was stood on the Kop reading the programme. I looks up to see John Chedozie (not sure on the spelling) score for Orient. I shrugged thinking "Ah its only 2-1, but unbeknownest to me they had also scored a few minutes before, which I missed through not paying attention.

absolutely spot on!!!! and he scored !!!

ps/ question for kivo..... was mirocevic wednesdays first 'foreigner' ????? (can't think of another before him)

Pretty sure we had a South African born keeper on our books in the 1960's (back up to Ron Springett, and didn't make the first team), and I'm sure that Brian Strutt was born in Malta.

Guest Laurena
On 08/10/2010 at 22:46, Guest barrowowl said:

And the game at Brisbane Road that season was played in glorious sun shine with thousands of Owls in attendance....as always :biggrin:

Crowd was only 6000 and their average was just above that. Think it might have been the game Ken Knighton got sent off and kicked the dressing room door in.

1 hour ago, Laurena said:

Crowd was only 6000 and their average was just above that. Think it might have been the game Ken Knighton got sent off and kicked the dressing room door in.

Ken knighton played between 73-75 , the Orient game we are talking about here was 1980-81 season!

We lost the return fixture 2 or 3 nil as I was there , we did feature on motd the season after vs Orient at Home around march 82.

On 08/10/2010 at 22:59, Guest on the band wagon said:

was n't it 2-2 and didn't Ante score bundled over the line from close range or was that another game with them

Ante bundled one over the line in 83 semi at Highbury  v Brighton in what turned out to be his last game for us.