Lawrenson

my lads 10 and just moved up to full size pitch and goals, and its a bloody shambles, their knackered in the 2nd half and the majority dont have the power or strength to play any decent pass or shot, i feel sorry for the lads most of the game.

Absolutely shocking - they should be playing on appropriate sized pitches with appropriate size goals - 6-8 a side - no offsides, rolloing subs with every player having to get minimum 50% game time - they should be playing for no more than 60 minutes with at least 4 breaks imo - no league tables - no points for win/draw

Is it an fa chartermark club?

my lads 10 and just moved up to full size pitch and goals, and its a bloody shambles, their knackered in the 2nd half and the majority dont have the power or strength to play any decent pass or shot, i feel sorry for the lads most of the game.

mums are by far and away the worst for shouting and bitching and god help any manager who drops their precious son

last season i saw the worst thing in football ive ever seen, 2 under 10 teams were playing each other with both sets of parents stood behind those stupid fan barriers they use these days when one stupid bloke said to his mate under his breath 'if i had a gun id shoot that stupid sod' refering to the oppositions over excitable manager, a few minutes later the game was halted, with quite a few puzzled looks followed shortly afterwords by the police who then in turn searched the stupid man and his mate for a weapon, both sets of kids were in tears.

it led to quite a stir in the local league and subsequently 1 team with its 15 youngsters were removed, leaving the lads with no one to play for.

i was gob smacked as to what i had seen and heard.

All needs an overhaul for sure!

Madness with the police.... how come they turn up for those scenarios and help with TV license raids... but are absent for anything serious?

Absolutely shocking - they should be playing on appropriate sized pitches with appropriate size goals - 6-8 a side - no offsides, rolloing subs with every player having to get minimum 50% game time - they should be playing for no more than 60 minutes with at least 4 breaks imo - no league tables - no points for win/draw

Always used to make me smile watching my lad playing under 10's on a full size pitch with kids taking corners and lumping it with all there strength for the ball to barely get in to the box like wise keepers taking goal kicks that barely get 30 yards.

Cant stand the man!! the way he dismissed changing the game at youngster grass roots level is appalling!!

He said kids should play on full size pitches and it gets them used to the mans game quicker. thats total tosh!! the reason spain and other countries are light years ahead of us is because they dont switch to full size pitches until theyre in their late teens!! meaning their first touch and ovrall technical ability is much better than ours.

Why have kids at the age of 10 playing in nets used for adults??! makes no sense at all!!

Exactly.

It also encourages players to get used to playing in certain positions on the pitch instead of all the players having to follow the ball around becase they can't kick it far enough.

yep

completely agree with all you said above too.

my lad said to me the other week, dad, how can i make myself stronger!,

surely a 10yo shouldn't be thinking like that really, like i said i feel sorry for the lads.

All needs an overhaul for sure!

Madness with the police.... how come they turn up for those scenarios and help with TV license raids... but are absent for anything serious?

i and everyone else was gobsmacked as to what was happening, in front of the kids too, apparently the police couldn't believe they had been called either, but had to follow it up regardless.

seems to like wednesday a lot aswell as irvine himself. He is right though as soon as we get some cash there will be 20k+ crowds but I'm sure thats not high enough. Im sure there would be 30k+ Wednesday fans every home game if we were back to winning ways!

UTO FTB

Nice of Lawro to say such things. Most pundits including Phil Thompson tend to have a lot of positive things to say. But its the next generation who will never remember anything about us being any good!

Very true !

Lets be honest about it. He's got a house 200 yards away from AI. He aint going to turn round and say he's poo is he...He's correct about the the things though.

This^^^

AI backed financially at Preston and they were poor and unattractive to watch.

kids football Shouldnt be 11 a side until earliest 14yrs and even then on slightly smaller pitches with a rule that the keep cant kick the ball out it has to be rolled out thus encourages football instead of just up & under.

My lad is 8 and plays in Goal and coach has him rolling ball out but you should listen to parents under there breath that he should be booting it upfield its unbelievable. What is good though is that nobody will shout it loud as Manager will tell them to shut it and if they carry on tells em to leave and if they wont last season he simply told a kid he couldnt play for team any more due to his dad.