Lawrenson

Cant stand the man!! the way he dismissed changing the game at youngster grass roots level is appalling!!

He said kids should play on full size pitches and it gets them used to the mans game quicker. thats total tosh!! the reason spain and other countries are light years ahead of us is because they dont switch to full size pitches until theyre in their late teens!! meaning their first touch and ovrall technical ability is much better than ours.

Why have kids at the age of 10 playing in nets used for adults??! makes no sense at all!!

Guest ArbourOwl

Lets be honest about it. He's got a house 200 yards away from AI. He aint going to turn round and say he's poo is he...He's correct about the the things though.

Guest ArbourOwl

Nice to see we are getting a bit of coverage at least.

Although if I hear one more person refer to us as "Sheffield" i'm going to nuts Raul Moat style.

Grates my poo that does.

I'll donate £5 to the SCHC if ya do.....lol

Cant stand the man!! the way he dismissed changing the game at youngster grass roots level is appalling!!

He said kids should play on full size pitches and it gets them used to the mans game quicker. thats total tosh!! the reason spain and other countries are light years ahead of us is because they dont switch to full size pitches until theyre in their late teens!! meaning their first touch and ovrall technical ability is much better than ours.

Why have kids at the age of 10 playing in nets used for adults??! makes no sense at all!!

Don't get me started on kids football...I'll do a propper piece later but suffice to say the purpose it serves at the moment is to let adults who have n't quite made it to live the dream. There are one or two noteable exeptions but by enlarge go to any kids game and it's spoiled by Dads and coaches screaming from the side lines.

Promise propper thread later........Well said Lawro re nesday Potentiality of Wednesday

Regards

This is another example of a pundit being described as good/bad not on the content of what he says but whether he says nice things about a club or not.

It's the exact lack of objectivity that most fans accuse pundits of displaying - Lawro is rumbleing rubbish - a complete waste of a pundits position - no forensic analysis of a game - just pindit soundbites that patronise the audience.

Youth football....

It is a joke in this country and too many adults think they are a good coach cos they can get their trophy cabinet full of cheap plastic baubles - any rumbleing idiot can get the biggest strongest kids together and win football matches

The FA should refuse to sanction games that aren't in a pretty strict criteria such as number of players per side for different age groups - maximum age-specific pitch sizes - maximum/minimum playing time - shorter duration games - more regular breaks during games and so on

Interested to hear Nev's points later

This is another example of a pundit being described as good/bad not on the content of what he says but whether he says nice things about a club or not.

It's the exact lack of objectivity that most fans accuse pundits of displaying - Lawro is rumbleing rubbish - a complete waste of a pundits position - no forensic analysis of a game - just pindit soundbites that patronise the audience.

He is a shocking pundit and even worse as a commentator....he never says anything constructive and doesn't seem to know anything about clubs lower than the Premiership (although I bet even he knew our defender isn't called Lee Beevers :rolleyes: )

Youth football....

It is a joke in this country and too many adults think they are a good coach cos they can get their trophy cabinet full of cheap plastic baubles - any rumbleing idiot can get the biggest strongest kids together and win football matches

The FA should refuse to sanction games that aren't in a pretty strict criteria such as number of players per side for different age groups - maximum age-specific pitch sizes - maximum/minimum playing time - shorter duration games - more regular breaks during games and so on

Interested to hear Nev's points later

Mourinho summed it up the other night in that we coach youngsters to win games while the Spanish coach youngsters to play football.

my lads 10 and just moved up to full size pitch and goals, and its a bloody shambles, their knackered in the 2nd half and the majority dont have the power or strength to play any decent pass or shot, i feel sorry for the lads most of the game.

mums are by far and away the worst for shouting and bitching and god help any manager who drops their precious son

last season i saw the worst thing in football ive ever seen, 2 under 10 teams were playing each other with both sets of parents stood behind those stupid fan barriers they use these days when one stupid bloke said to his mate under his breath 'if i had a gun id shoot that stupid sod' refering to the oppositions over excitable manager, a few minutes later the game was halted, with quite a few puzzled looks followed shortly afterwords by the police who then in turn searched the stupid man and his mate for a weapon, both sets of kids were in tears.

it led to quite a stir in the local league and subsequently 1 team with its 15 youngsters were removed, leaving the lads with no one to play for.

i was gob smacked as to what i had seen and heard.