YOUNGSTERS FIRST VISIT LEFT HIM CRYING

Guest intercity0wl

Guest intercity0wl

Got to my seat last night and started talking to the guy who had brought his two lads to their first game one was six and one was Eight.

The younger of the two lads was visibly upset and on asking why was told that he had been given a couple of those blue inflatable things outside the ground but had to drop them on the floor at the Turnstyle as a steward had told them they were not allowed in, no wonder the lad was upset as quite a few round him were banging the same items he had leave together and having a great time.

Half time and the same kid who seemed to be getting over his first upset and starting to enjoy his footy night out was about to get his second dissapointment of the night, waiting patiently with his brother he was waiting for his Dad to return with his half time treat, that kiddy favourite a simple Hot dog.

You've guessed it no Hot Dogs, and no matter how much coaxing his dad tried there was no way he could convince his Six year old on the finer culinary delight of a Steak Pie and Hendersons.

Now i really enjoyed the game last night and thought it was superb entertainment for a fiver but just cannot get the feeling that another future supporter could now be not lost to football, but lost to SWFC forever due to a him feeling he was being treated unfairly with regards to little inflatable things which even in the hands of 2 seater Bently man at a riot, would cause less damage than the hard cardboard clapper things the club issued and allowed in last season, and a poor catering options at a game with an ealier KO and prices to attract youngsters in.

How come we always do the wrong things when it comes to these sort of things, hate to say it but i hope our possible loss does not turn out to be a benefit to one of our rivals.

Guest OughtibridgeOwls

Think they only let them in, if they still had the wrapper around them. Abit stupid if you ask me :huh:

Edited by OughtibridgeOwls

Guest owls_4_life

Tell him to "man up" and get used to years of let downs and disappointments supporting the Mighty Owls. This will be his first of many !!

We are often left in tears.. part and parcel I'm afraid.. :wink:

Was going to say I wish those were the only things I felt like crying about after watching Wednesday!

Guest intercity0wl

Tell him to "man up" and get used to years of let downs and disappointments supporting the Mighty Owls. This will be his first of many !!

We are often left in tears.. part and parcel I'm afraid.. :wink:

Agree, You dont have to tell me about the pain following Wednesdays can bring i have had 38 years of it, difference is one, if not the main reason i must have became a fan of this great club must have had something to do with having good experiences on my first few visits.

Alot more things for the youngsters to get intrested in these days and i get the impression our H&S people are alot more shall we say over enthusiastic than other clubs we visit., suppose its another example of its the Wednesday way of doing things.

There was indeed an issue with the inflatables on Wednesday.

Items like that have to be approved by SAG before they are allowed into the stadium. This is usually done a few weeks in advance of the game and planned in with stewards, etc. This is common practice at all stadiums for all big events.

On this occasion the company turned up on the afternoon of the game and asked if they could distribute them. Most likely they didn't know the procedure so it's a genuine mistake made by them.

At such short notice we couldn't officially allow it and so declined permission to distribute. As a compromise we did say they would be OK to distribute them after the match, however there appears to have been a mix-up somewhere along the line and they were offered to some supporters before the game.

Stewards, quite rightly, did their job and any that were inflated were refused entry into the ground. Obviously any that weren't inflated would have got past them and were obviously inflated inside the ground afterwards.

When it became obvious they were being distributed before the game our safety officer had a word with them an they stopped distributing. They've also since apologised for the mix-up.

At times this might seem harsh but there are genuine reasons why it has to go through a process for approval, all of which contribute to your safety on a matchday. Not following the rules could have repercussions on the club financially and in terms of the safety certificate we are granted each year.

The running out of hot dogs is a seperate issue and I'll pass that feedback onto Lee our concourse catering manager.

There was indeed an issue with the inflatables on Wednesday.

Items like that have to be approved by SAG before they are allowed into the stadium. This is usually done a few weeks in advance of the game and planned in with stewards, etc. This is common practice at all stadiums for all big events.

On this occasion the company turned up on the afternoon of the game and asked if they could distribute them. Most likely they didn't know the procedure so it's a genuine mistake made by them.

At such short notice we couldn't officially allow it and so declined permission to distribute. As a compromise we did say they would be OK to distribute them after the match, however there appears to have been a mix-up somewhere along the line and they were offered to some supporters before the game.

Stewards, quite rightly, did their job and any that were inflated were refused entry into the ground. Obviously any that weren't inflated would have got past them and were obviously inflated inside the ground afterwards.

When it became obvious they were being distributed before the game our safety officer had a word with them an they stopped distributing. They've also since apologised for the mix-up.

At times this might seem harsh but there are genuine reasons why it has to go through a process for approval, all of which contribute to your safety on a matchday. Not following the rules could have repercussions on the club financially and in terms of the safety certificate we are granted each year.

The running out of hot dogs is a seperate issue and I'll pass that feedback onto Lee our concourse catering manager.

DJ1 you do worry me , You sound like a minor council offical instead of wednesdays marketing genius :blush:

Common sense is common sense. Not allowing a litlle kid to take an inflatable toy into a nearly 3/4 empty stadium is surely stupid. Why cannot Wednesday employ people with intelligence and some form of initiative. Rather than thick fools content with saying ' Sorry I am just doing my job'

Edited by Geedee

DJ1 you do worry me , You sound like a minor council offical instead of wednesdays marketing genius :blush:

Common sense is common sense. Not allowing a litlle kid to take an inflatable toy into a nearly 3/4 empty stadium is surely stupid. Why cannot Wednesday employ people with intelligence and some form of initiative. Rather than thick fools content with saying ' Sorry I am just doing my job'

I think the answer to your question is here

Items like that have to be approved by SAG before they are allowed into the stadium. Not following the rules could have repercussions on the club financially and in terms of the safety certificate we are granted each year.

Items like that have to be approved by SAG before they are allowed into the stadium. Not following the rules could have repercussions on the club financially and in terms of the safety certificate we are granted each year.

Its an inflatable toy held by a child!

What do you think the kid is going to do with it!

If this is dangerous then please ban anything that could hurt someone when thrown more than an inflatable toy eg mobile phone, wallet , shoe , old mans walking stick , ladies vibrator FFS. after all it might spoil someones match day experience!

Its an inflatable toy held by a child!

What do you think the kid is going to do with it!

If this is dangerous then please ban anything that could hurt someone when thrown more than an inflatable toy eg mobile phone, wallet , shoe , old mans walking stick , ladies vibrator FFS. after all it might spoil someones match day experience!

Maybe your question would be better directed to the SAG? Unfortunately we live in a nanny state, BTW I agree with you but rules are rules and it may be only an inflatable toy but it still runs the risk of a club fine

Maybe your question would be better directed to the SAG? Unfortunately we live in a nanny state, BTW I agree with you but rules are rules and it may be only an inflatable toy but it still runs the risk of a club fine

But darra that is the the answer which lets these idiots off the hook. No i should not have to direct a questiuon to SAG. Normal people should simply tell these idiots stewards , minor council offiicals and the mindless w'nkers that are the SAG to P'ss off and let normal people live normal lives.

In short the nanny state only exists because people allow it to exist and all who say the rules are the rules are as gultiy as the yellow jacket simpletons who enforce these 'rules' not because they are right but becaue they are told to do so and dont care who they upset as long as they get their 'wages of sin'

But darra that is the the answer which lets these idiots off the hook. No i should not have to direct a questiuon to SAG. Normal people should simply tell these idiots stewards , minor council offiicals and the mindless w'nkers that are the SAG to P'ss off and let normal people live normal lives.

In short the nanny state only exists because people allow it to exist and all who say the rules are the rules are as gultiy as the yellow jacket simpletons who enforce these 'rules' not because they are right but becaue they are told to do so and dont care who they upset as long as they get their 'wages of sin'

Again I agree Was talking about this at work the other day. Hootie might remember this although he could be a bit young . When I was about 8 a lad at our school got his head mashed by an ice cream van. No counselling, no meaningful talks by teachers like would happen today all that happened was we weren't allowed outside whilst the hearse went past.

It might only be an inflatable but if it incurred say a 10k fine it would be a bloody expensive inflatable.

SAG Can stick their H&S Bullshit up there arse! They are yet another reason why this company is going down the bottom. Yeah i agree that the stadium should be safe etc but i would like to know what the huge problem was with those clappers! I will tell you! flip all! Its like that testicles with the flags been fire proof. We are watching football not going to a bonfire! Also the sticks on the flags. What is the point! Like someone else said common sense is needed to be used a lot more

What palpable nonsense. Why can nobody use common sense anymore? The new government is applying some common sense and abolishing 25% of quangos (not enough, I say, stop em all). Are the ridiculous pompous buffoons at the SAG part of a quango ? I sincerely hope so and that it is one of the 25%.

Trust people to behave responsibly (how could anyone behave irresponsibly with an inflatable toy?) but come down hard on those who abuse that trust.

Is that the same SAG who wouldn't let the north west corner used or who wanted netting on the north??