Attendance last night

It difficult for us with cup rounds to make the decision on what areas of the ground to open, as you each have your own personal opinions on where you want to sit. What is interesting is when we choses to just open the south because we beleive attendance will be below 8k, we get supporters not coming as they dont like the south for various reasons. The last JPT we sold more than expected perhaps due to a mixture of the team performance in previous games and the cost of the tickets. We had to make the decision at the last minute to open the lower north. when we set the prices and the areas which are open, we dont know how the team will perform in the coming week, or how many of you will come at the prices we set. As this one was a local clash, then we thought we could at least acheive the attendance at Notts county, so we decided to open all 3 stands and see how this worked for us. Interestingly when the ticket prices are the same around the ground, supporter migrate to the south and last night we had approx double the number of supporters in the south as we had in other stands. We also wanted to ensure that the ground seemed to be full, unlike the previous nights jpt clash shown on sky, when the ground looked empty.

So the plan we had for last night gave us further trends on how and why supporters buy tickets and sit. what you all have to remember is we have to make a call on at least breaking even, so what we expect the attendance to be and what ticket price we can get away with charging, to ensure we break even, this then has to be agreed with the visiting club, who generally see a game against us, with the great support you give, as a money maker :)

The other point to remember is Police, ambulance etc costs all remain the same do we open 1 stand or all 3 home stands, with the exception of the Police which is dependant on the category of the game, so the variabe costs to

the club are stewards, turnstile operators and concourse staff.

Its not easy and we will never please all the people all the time, but for me last night we did as near to the right thing as we could, I am sure some of you will disagree, however it all turned out for the best, if the team wins then we all feel happier about our matchday experience

Caz

Guest thetruthisoutthere

personally i find it frustrating that only 12,000 home fans decided to turn up when the cost of tickets was £5 & £2.50, surely you cant afford to miss a match at that price, i hear people saying that its a tin pot cup or that they would rather go to a league game and that its simply just not worth attending...

this is OUR club and do we not all want the same thing, that we all want us to do well, i no matter what competition my club are playing in want to attend if i can, and want them to win, especially with the situation OUR club finds itself in.

i urge all fans if we get a home draw and the cost of a ticket for the next round is £5 & £2.50 and you are available to go then show your loyalty and get yourselves down there and hopefully we can win this competition and get some money into the club,

(not too sure what the winning prize money is)...?

It was unbeatable value last night and against Notts County in the first round for that matter as well.

We have played some really good stuff in this tournament.

Just a shame mellor hit the crossbar and Purse's header got cleared off the line, ive read a few threads on here and cant understand what game people watched i thought it was a brilliant game by both sides, dont think we were better than them but in the same breath i dont think they were better than us.

We had more possession more shots on target, but they stroked it about a bit better, thats not to say we didnt play, both sides had wee wee tail ups at the back and of course one of their goals should have stood the game had everything.

It difficult for us with cup rounds to make the decision on what areas of the ground to open, as you each have your own personal opinions on where you want to sit. What is interesting is when we choses to just open the south because we beleive attendance will be below 8k, we get supporters not coming as they dont like the south for various reasons. The last JPT we sold more than expected perhaps due to a mixture of the team performance in previous games and the cost of the tickets. We had to make the decision at the last minute to open the lower north. when we set the prices and the areas which are open, we dont know how the team will perform in the coming week, or how many of you will come at the prices we set. As this one was a local clash, then we thought we could at least acheive the attendance at Notts county, so we decided to open all 3 stands and see how this worked for us. Interestingly when the ticket prices are the same around the ground, supporter migrate to the south and last night we had approx double the number of supporters in the south as we had in other stands. We also wanted to ensure that the ground seemed to be full, unlike the previous nights jpt clash shown on sky, when the ground looked empty.

So the plan we had for last night gave us further trends on how and why supporters buy tickets and sit. what you all have to remember is we have to make a call on at least breaking even, so what we expect the attendance to be and what ticket price we can get away with charging, to ensure we break even, this then has to be agreed with the visiting club, who generally see a game against us, with the great support you give, as a money maker :)

The other point to remember is Police, ambulance etc costs all remain the same do we open 1 stand or all 3 home stands, with the exception of the Police which is dependant on the category of the game, so the variabe costs to

the club are stewards, turnstile operators and concourse staff.

Its not easy and we will never please all the people all the time, but for me last night we did as near to the right thing as we could, I am sure some of you will disagree, however it all turned out for the best, if the team wins then we all feel happier about our matchday experience

Caz

I understand your prombles, and I do have some degree of flexibility. I sit in the North and was in my usual seat last night, for the previous round I sat in the South but I didn't enjoy the experience, but if that's the only stand open that is where I will sit. I'll not make the mistake of sitting behind the players again though, at half time it takes 15 minutes to get from seat to toilet and back again, at full time it took us the same amount of time to get out of the ground. Whenever possible, it's the North for me.

On a different note, the Sheridan suite was really good. We need a pub in the ground.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

nice one, sometimes when we share the strategy and how we come to do what we do it does help supporters who perhaps find what we do frustrating.

Glad you enjoyed the Sheridan experience, when we get some money then maybe we can do it more often :) helped becasue we won, even if it was at the last second!!!!!

UTO

Caz

nice one, sometimes when we share the strategy and how we come to do what we do it does help supporters who perhaps find what we do frustrating.

Glad you enjoyed the Sheridan experience, when we get some money then maybe we can do it more often :) helped becasue we won, even if it was at the last second!!!!!

UTO

Caz

I enjoyed being able to have a decent pint or 4 before the game instead of the luke warm bottles we have in the North, the meal was quite good too. It's my birthday at the end of the month, so you never know, I may get an invite this year. :biggrin:

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest Snakebite billy

I wonder how many of the stay away fans and those who call it a tin pot cup would go to wembley if we were fortunate enough to get to the final.

Guest owls_4_life

The view from the Kop compared to the North is awful IMHO, I spent my formative years on the Kop when it was standing and latterly seating but it lost it's magic when it became seating.

As for the band, cannot stand them.

Agreed. Moved from Kop to North for this season and am not going back any season soon. Crap view, takes an age to get out if you're near the top, and to top it off someone banging a drum for 90 minutes!

Edit: also, they never have enough food and there aren't enough food/drink outlets for the amount of people

Edited by owls_4_life

Agreed. Moved from Kop to North for this season and am not going back any season soon. Crap view, takes an age to get out if you're near the top, and to top it off someone banging a drum for 90 minutes!

Edit: also, they never have enough food and there aren't enough food/drink outlets for the amount of people

I know what you mean about the band, I was on the Kop last night and my ears are still ringing!

However, love the band or hate them you had to admit that they helped get the place rocking last night. If we had that sort of atmosphere every match, I'm sure it would help the team enormously. :blush:

personally i find it frustrating that only 12,000 home fans decided to turn up when the cost of tickets was £5 & £2.50, surely you cant afford to miss a match at that price, i hear people saying that its a tin pot cup or that they would rather go to a league game and that its simply just not worth attending...

this is OUR club and do we not all want the same thing, that we all want us to do well, i no matter what competition my club are playing in want to attend if i can, and want them to win, especially with the situation OUR club finds itself in.

i urge all fans if we get a home draw and the cost of a ticket for the next round is £5 & £2.50 and you are available to go then show your loyalty and get yourselves down there and hopefully we can win this competition and get some money into the club,

(not too sure what the winning prize money is)...?

Good sentiments but not realistic.

Fancy paying the £40 petrol + loss of earnings for having to leave work early for me next round?

If so I'll be happy to put another £5 into the club down the drain. It will go nicely with the season ticket and merchandise money we have all spent over the last decade that has constantly been squandered by those who are currently still in power.

How does wee wee off sound, I like my seat higher up in the North than I was yesterday, better view and not as crammed at half time.

The North is the only stand to sell consistently well for each game it'd be financial suicide

Do all upper North ST holders who cannot get a £405 seat move to the Kop? with it's poo poo view and tossy band

Shall I put you down as undecided?

I wonder how many of the stay away fans and those who call it a tin pot cup would go to wembley if we were fortunate enough to get to the final.

Probably quite a few, the same few that have bought season tickets every year for the last 15/20 years, keeping the club going, whilst being treated with contempt, while others have tossed it off, slagged off the club and team from a distance and used every excuse in the book not to go to more important league matches.

Put that in yer flipping pipe and smoke it.

You might want to speak to the people in the family section of the Grandstand about that.

Remember the furore when they were moved to the North?

The grandstand is the only stand I am happy for my two boys to use the

facilities without me having to go with them to the toilet etc and before anyone

starts my eldest is 11 so its not child neglect. biggrin.gif

Guest owls_4_life

I know what you mean about the band, I was on the Kop last night and my ears are still ringing!

However, love the band or hate them you had to admit that they helped get the place rocking last night. If we had that sort of atmosphere every match, I'm sure it would help the team enormously. :blush:

I don't mind them so much now I'm in the North! :biggrin:

Atmosphere was great on Wednesday, and I'm sure their keeper missed his pen because of everyone on the Kop bouncing behind him distracting him!

Guest Buxtonian

Do I take it, Savi, that you live in or around Hillsborough, and that your only interest is Sheffield Wednesday?

For your info there are many of us who do not live within spitting distance of the ground. I, for one, have a 50min each way minimum journey to every Wednesday match, through the Peaks, and very rarely miss a game. Chesterfield, which incidentally has for some 40 years been my 'local' club and who I've never seen play in that time, was only my second 'miss' of the season. My first was a definite decision that I would not go because of the crap and lack of effort that was being shown by the team, the Oldham game. To go to a midweek match involves night driving along country roads and an 11.15 pm arrival back at home. And don't even consider that I'm a 'part-timer' My first match watching Wednesday was in NINETEEN FOURTY SEVEN!

Wednesday have been my passion for all that time, but I do have other interests, and mid-week happens to be especially inconvenient for me. It happens to be Choir Practice night, where we are currently practicing for a large show, and rehearsals are now reaching a critical stage. While I might skip the odd one or two practices to watch Wednesday occasionally, at the present time i's unfortunately got to take second place.

Concerning the opening of various parts of the ground, has thought been put to the idea of opening the part of the ground with the BEST view to W'ites? I refer to the East UPPER.