Chesterfield fans

A few years back Chesterfield were in dire straits and they (along with Rotherham IIRC) had bucket collections at Hillsborough, and I (along with a fair few others...) chipped in a fiver to help ensure a local team didn't go under.

Tonight, with Wednesday in dire straits, 3,500 Chesterfield fans start singing 'Wednesday's going bust' five minutes into the match.

And it's Wednesdayites that get stuck with the myth that we're arrogant?

Guest thetruthisoutthere

A few years back Chesterfield were in dire straits and they (along with Rotherham IIRC) had bucket collections at Hillsborough, and I (along with a fair few others...) chipped in a fiver to help ensure a local team didn't go under.

Tonight, with Wednesday in dire straits, 3,500 Chesterfield fans start singing 'Wednesday's going bust' five minutes into the match.

I also recall chucking at least a fiver in their bucket collection thingy and also contributed towards Donny years ago when they were in the poo poo

How much respect do we get in are hour of need ? Fk all so in the future it will be a 2 fingered salute from me to everyone else

You gotta look after number 1 in this life.

U.T.O.

Sad sheep shagging inbreds will all be stuck on the Dronfield bypass as the one that can work a sat nav will have got lost...me duck?

Or they will be at the Dronfield border crossing changing the shiny round coins back into coloured beads.

Dave Allen...fooked off, fooked up. Annoying little tw@t with his little man syndrome....flip off back down to Chez Vegas wit the other 'ducks' and back to your crappy little Ikea flat pack ground the B"B "Been 2 Better" stadium, a Subbuteo cast off. Obviously he can't sue their fans as none of them are capable of opening an envelope!

WEAVER..............................LEGEND!!!

Hahahahahahaha. how true and apt. but you would expect nothing more from people who have to live in the greater sheffield area. an inferiority complex turned into green eyed jealousy

Small town in Dronfield

Watched the game in the pub with a few of them.

They jumped about when they scored, hilarious.

When we scored I sipped my beer.

One came out with one of the best sentences ever after their offside goal, "This is like Middlesbrough all over again."

Edited by Owls2k

Middlesbrough?

FA Cup semi 1996. They had a perfectly good goal dissallowed.

At least look on the bright side Kivo, if it weren't for your collective fivers they might have gone bust and we wouldn't have had the pleasure of seeing them off in such dramatic fashion tonight!

Hmmm, i'd prefer them to accept the fiver and then NOT take happiness out of seeing us going down the pan

I know what you mean, but at least they got some poetic justice for their boorishness.

Don't stoop to their level.

We would still be concerned if a local club was in trouble. That is the Wednesday way.

Healthier to love than hate.

Leave them to it.

I just love that they think it was 'our cup final'. When did chezzy fans crawl up their own arses?

I have this argument with our lass who's family are all Millers. They call me pig this and pig that when to me teams like rovrum, chezzy, donny and barnsley don't particularly bother me either way, if you like they aren't a threat to us, never have been, never will be. I hate the pigs (and L**ds) but these other little village teams with massive inferiority complexes, even now, are just wasting their own breath.

pitiful really.

UTO.

Guest Buxtonian

Don't agree with the 'Wed going Bust' chants, but less of the 'greater Sheffield' bit Chesterfield was and always will be in Derbyshire. Many of the locations around g.Sheff. resisted their attempts to take over everywhere, and lets be honest, not everyone wants to be a Dee-Daa. Im a Wdednesdayite through and through, but there's no way I want to be a Sheffielder. Chesterfield have been a club with a long , maybe not too succesful history, but then, if you're not Chelsea or Manure, you're a nobody these days. And don't forget that the Town, as they're usually called , have the reputation for producing some of the finest goalkeepers this country has known. Don't forget that they now have the D.A. cross to bear.