Not rocket science is it

We won't get promoted unless Irvine as a total rethink on his tactics.

With and without the ball it's pants. Really really poor.

We created chances tonight because we were playing A League Two team who arn't great at defending and we have some decent players.

However, against slightly better opposition they'll just shut certain areas of our play down (I.e. Teale/Jones tonight) then we'll just lump it to Tudgay and we'll struggle.

See me thread without the ball. We're one of the worst teams I've seen without the ball at all levels.

Poor tactics and unless he changes it we will not pick up enough points to go up.

I thinks it's funny how some people think they can do a better job. I also remember some people moaning when we beat Hartlepool 5 - 0 away. n Paul sturrocks tactics are similar to Alans, except we play three up front when attacking .

Sturrock had at least the common sense to buy players who could play hoof ball and sit back when we needed!!!

Irvine has got players in who dont suit the style he wants to play, i guess he isnt to blame though, what could he do about that?

Guest Wrighty80

I have to agree with the OP.

I find it hard class a 2-2 draw with a last minute equaliser at home against a lower league team with a next to full team out a good result.

Nicky Weaver pulling off miracles shouldn't cover the cracks. I wonder the reaction had he not done what he did?

Our gates are below budget that is due to the dire football that is being served up by our manager Alan Irvine. For me this is the primary reason why we should ALL be concerned and not brush it under the carpet when we fluke a win or like tonight win by a lottery.

You're correct, flippingawful result, I was hoping Weaver missed so we didn't fluke the win, I hate it when we win, spoils my flippingnight.

Guest scott_andrew_william

Sturrock had at least the common sense to buy players who could play hoof ball and sit back when we needed!!!

Irvine has got players in who dont suit the style he wants to play, i guess he isnt to blame though, what could he do about that?

I agree but, I think he missed out on alot of the players he wanted. Plus there's no chance of any players now.

Got to remember the players we've got are a mixture between good and poor but mostly average. We had a terrible season last year for a variety of reason there's no point in going over again! We got rid of a few with bad attitudes and added what we could given we've got feck all money. What do we expect? I don't get how we say crap like "we should be turning teams over" or "should be dominating teams" in one thread and in another stating the individual players (we expect to do this) are crap!!! You can't have it both ways they're either crap or good enough to play like you expect. The reality is somewhere in between. Hopefully things will get better as the players new and old are now getting used to each other and now our best player, Miller is fit and JJ looks set to return. Winning in the way we did has got to be a boost for team spirit.

Today was a classic cup tie, surely you can't fail to have been entertained? Have people forgotten what footy's all about? flipping hell if you were gonna write a script about an exciting cup tie this would've been it surely. It's like watching an average movie with a brilliant twist at the end. The timing of our equalizer at the end the fact the pen was saved and he scored the rebound. The way Weaver kept us in the shoot out twice and then went on to score the winner. Doesn't matter if it was Chesterfield or Chelsea it was a cracking game of footy and we won and I bet most Owls left on a high, and that's what it's all about. Enjoy the highs and whinge about the lows. I don't know why some of you even watch football TBH you don' t seem to enjoy a second of it. :biggrin:

Watched it with two Man City fans (proper ones) and two Spanish fellas.

They loved it!!!!!!!

First time I've had that feeling, actually flipping winning for once on telly, for ages.

Will bask in the glory tonight and save any moaning until tomorrow.

:biggrin:

You're correct, flippingawful result, I was hoping Weaver missed so we didn't fluke the win, I hate it when we win, spoils my flippingnight.

Football my friend is now about bums on seats, money in the till. Hence our position

If you think tonights result and performance papers over the cracks then I think you need to rethink fella.

Watched it with two Man City fans (proper ones) and two Spanish fellas.

They loved it!!!!!!!

First time I've had that feeling, actually flipping winning for once on telly, for ages.

Will bask in the glory tonight and save any moaning until tomorrow.

Good man.

Don't let these miserable lobbers bring you down from that high.

I agree but, I think he missed out on alot of the players he wanted. Plus there's no chance of any players now.

Then surely he needs to change tactics?

if we havent got the layers to lay that way how can we persist? it is like trying to break a rock by hitting it with a sponge!!! lets keep trying to break this oh wait we dont seem to be getting anywhere what can we do alan>>>>>> i know lets use the sponge to hit it again

Guest Triplej2

I don't get it. I thought we looked okay going forward, just poor at the back.

We created LOADS of chances.

Some people just like moaning

I agree. We REALLY need to sort it ut at the back though. We played a 4th division outfit today and managed to still play some football but against better opposition all confidence drains when the defence is so shaky.

personally I don't rate any of the back 4, Purse is the best but still a liabiltity a lot of the time.

We had our second string in tonight. Irvine knows his team and most of those who were poor tonight won't get a look in.

These bad performances really highlight who should and should not be playing.

We miss Spurrs strength at left back . O'Connors spoiling game in centre of midfield Millers guile on the right Otsemabors pace at right back. Tudgay will play left midfield if Irvine has any sense. And it's a throw up any 2 from Mellor or Morrison with Heffernan who although not

great on the ball tonight made some tremendous runs

For me the first team picks itself. JJ coming back would go straight up front where he had most success last season.

Guest scott_andrew_william

Then surely he needs to change tactics?

if we havent got the layers to lay that way how can we persist? it is like trying to break a rock by hitting it with a sponge!!! lets keep trying to break this oh wait we dont seem to be getting anywhere what can we do alan>>>>>> i know lets use the sponge to hit it again

The only problem I foresee, is that even if we go more attacking I don't see us scoring more goals. Plus our midfield is wee wee poor, and aren't pulling their weight. I want Folly back.

It's worrying that people can't see the bigger picture because of a 2-2 draw (penalty win) at home against a decent League Two team.

We won on Saturday against a team that came up from League Two last year.

The only convincing win and performance this season was against Hartlepool. That's one game. Just one game.

I'm sorry but I'm worried of what we'll do this year. I can't see us even knocking at the door of the top two.

It either needs Irvine to have a rethink on his methods or a new man in the hot seat.

Either way we need to change as we will not be going up.