Potter, buxton and sedgwick ....

Same pap ?

Jesus ...... Buxton was all over the place defensively, then gave away his second goal in his last two appearances due to woeful defending. Potter was also shocking and bottled the challenge for their first, missed a penalty and nearly lost it for us at the death with a shocking pass. As for Sedgwick ..... He has to be the worst right winger we have had for some time. No pace going forward, no skill or technical ability. He runs about, but I could do that for a few grand a week.

As for the game, thought morisson looked very sharp first half and there was some good link play with mellor. Also thought coke cemented himself as our most important player, jones looked dangerous going forward and teale had his best game since arriving

The second all depends on whether Purse gave him a shout, it was poor header but if Purse shouted and he headed it anyway, then he is totally at fault.

If Purse didn't shout then Purse should not have been in that position at all and has to accept most of the blame.

If Buxton is expected to his defensive duties aswell as Mr AI's Golden Bo11ock's attacking duties then he is on a hiding to nothing.

Edited by web_owls

Same pap ?

Jesus ...... Buxton was all over the place defensively, then gave away his second goal in his last two appearances due to woeful defending. Potter was also shocking and bottled the challenge for their first, missed a penalty and nearly lost it for us at the death with a shocking pass. As for Sedgwick ..... He has to be the worst right winger we have had for some time. No pace going forward, no skill or technical ability. He runs about, but I could do that for a few grand a week.

As for the game, thought morisson looked very sharp first half and there was some good link play with mellor. Also thought coke cemented himself as our most important player, jones looked dangerous going forward and teale had his best game since arriving

Your just rolling out the people who have been in front of the firing squad before, lazy journalism if you will. Any spell we played well in, Potter was invariably feeding Teale/ Coke/ or Morrison.

Buxton didnt give away the goal, Purse more than him if you want to blame somebody, but the real reason was a lack of communication clearly neither one of them called it as theirs. blaming Buxton for that is mental stuff, Purse should be defending that space in behind but he merely gave up knowing he didn't have the pace to catch him. Then you sight our last game he made a mistake? is there really that little you can think of in this one? ye thought so.

Edited by Pulixifer

Same pap ?

Potter and Buxton again? Jesus. Every time we dont win its always the same couple of players made out to be scapegoats.

Thought Potter controlled the midfield, although let a couple of passes go amiss.

2nd goal was Purses fault - hes the weak link, his lack of pace is leaving us exposed and his distribution is crap.

Potter and Buxton again? Jesus. Every time we dont win its always the same couple of players made out to be scapegoats.

Thought Potter controlled the midfield, although let a couple of passes go amiss.

2nd goal was Purses fault - hes the weak link, his lack of pace is leaving us exposed and his distribution is crap.

The reason we are defending so deep?

A cup game that was there to be won which we ended up doing even if we did'nt deserve too a cup competion that is there to be won the result was the only positive the performance was dire and that does'nt bode well for the future Chester field followed bury in giving us a football lesson we have been left with an aged side that lacks pace,movement,desire,skill or ideas,sure we should be over the fu##ing moon the club is only heading in one direction.

May I suggest antidepressants?

I really struggle to see what Sedgewick contributes. He can't beat a man, he's nowhere to be seen when we try and counter attack and every goal kick was aimed specifically at him last night despite him not winning a header all night.

I'm no Potter fan but I didn't think he was that bad last night, he didn't do anything other than play it safe.

The defence is frightening.

Purse should be taking responsibility and getting hold of the defence by the scruff of the neck but he doesn't. Buxton is just inept and out of his depth even at this level, the second goal was embarrassing.

The amount of crosses that easily found one of their men was terrifying.

Guest bartos

Uneducated tripe

Some people should watch a recording of the game, Potter was fine. What pleased me more with him was he was demanding the ball, thats a sign the confidence is back. Let's not smash it to pieces again.

Buxton was steady but at fault for the goal, should have dropped off instead of wandering inside.

As for Sedgwick, plenty of effort first half but little end product and faded in 2nd

Buxton doesn't exactly fill me with confidence - but Jones was awful defensively - good going forward, but was made to look like a headless chicken by Talbot. Left Beevers with little or no cover.

Potter did ok - but on the whole our midfield stood to deep when we we're going forward, there isn't much use in putting crosses in the box when we're 1 or 2 against 4 or 5 and the midfielders are stuck at the halfway line.

Guest Blue&WhiteBen

Sedgewick was atrocious imo

I felt as though Buxton was left exposed at times by Sedgewick going AWOL in-field somewhere whilst they were on the attack , but we were very poor defensively full stop

Guest owls_4_life

Sedgwick is abysmal. He brings nothing to the table whatsoever. He can't tackle, can't cross and doesn't track back. He is useless. Potter and Buxton aren't brilliant but at least they look like they're trying. Why does AI persist in playing Sedgwick? He's not even a threat from the bench.

I'm pretty sure it was Sedgwick not tracking back that led to their second goal too, ball came out, their left winger had all the room in the world to come forward and attack. Where was Sedg? Still picking himself up in their box. :angry:

I thought Potter had a pretty steady match, was getting stuck in and trying to get forward a fair bit.

Buxton did well, apart from the mistake for their 2nd goal, he did get a touch on it, but just not enough to control it.

Sedgewick had a good first half, but did nothing in the second. I dont really rate him, but who else are we really going to get. Think it was good for him to get a match in the cup, and save Miller and O'Connor for the league.