Millwall v Owls 1991 FA cup

it was pure evil down at cold blow lane. this was my only visit to the old den.

i can still remember the big open terrace down one side and all the high rise council flats behind the ground with the Wednesday fans singing "we know where you live, in those flats, in those flats"

Was a great game for the neutral as it was end to end. I used to enjoy going there for the atmosphere espicially those that sat near the away fans although we never got much look. Remember the previous game where Nilsson got injured and we were 2-0 up at half time. I had stayed at my sisters house in London and gone on the train but my mates came on the coach and didn't get there until half time. We went onto lose 4-2. A nightmare 2-0 lead I suppose.

I was there that day, first and only time I've seen a knife in a ground. A massive black lad walked up to the fence and said oh edit hav you Eva seen some money and then pulled out a bundle of ten pound notes and then showed be a big kitchen knife. Happy days

i can still remember the big open terrace down one side and all the high rise council flats behind the ground with the Wednesday fans singing "we know where you live, in those flats, in those flats"

Same here and I remember the song aswell. 'Welcome to Hell' was scratched on something aswell, cannot remember if it was a turnstile or some sign.

I am sure it was Big Viv's first game for us and he was awful. Caught out of position soooo many times he could have played fullback for us now. However once he was match fit he was absolutely immense.

Good times back then in my late teens, a real shame today's kids haven't seen such a wonderful side full of skill, grit, determination and about 7 players ready to wade in if it came to blows.

Same here and I remember the song aswell. 'Welcome to Hell' was scratched on something aswell, cannot remember if it was a turnstile or some sign.

I am sure it was Big Viv's first game for us and he was awful. Caught out of position soooo many times he could have played fullback for us now. However once he was match fit he was absolutely immense.

Good times back then in my late teens, a real shame today's kids haven't seen such a wonderful side full of skill, grit, determination and about 7 players ready to wade in if it came to blows.

I remember the 1st time I ever went one of the away turnstiles had "Enter At Your Own Risk" scrawled on the door.......thank god for a 2-0 defeat :biggrin:

I remember in the 4-2 game some of the Wednesday fans didn't get there until half-time due to road works so all they saw were the Millwall goals.

I was there that day, my one and only visit to the old Den. Awful place, and I remember us being stood in that corner behind the fences and barbed wire, being barely able to even see the goalposts at our end. Think they equalised in the last minute, and I got home to hear that our next door neighbour had died that day (funny how you link certain events to football matches)

Was a great game for the neutral as it was end to end. I used to enjoy going there for the atmosphere espicially those that sat near the away fans although we never got much look. Remember the previous game where Nilsson got injured and we were 2-0 up at half time. I had stayed at my sisters house in London and gone on the train but my mates came on the coach and didn't get there until half time. We went onto lose 4-2. A nightmare 2-0 lead I suppose.

I was there and remember wednesday fans singing easy, easy and someone saying don't sing that, we did at 66 final and lost, then look what happened !

I was there that day, first and only time I've seen a knife in a ground. A massive black lad walked up to the fence and said oh edit hav you Eva seen some money and then pulled out a bundle of ten pound notes and then showed be a big kitchen knife. Happy days

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

flip me, I remember the same incident.

Do you recall a Wednesday fan getting out some sort of Credit Card, showing it to him and shouting,

"Sorry pal, don't carry cash" (or something to that effect).

He went ape poo poo and pretended that he wanted to climb the fence to get to the said fan, while a lonely WPC looked forlornley on in the nomansland between us.

Edited by M Royds

I was there and sang it unfortunatley I was a bit to close to their fans and got a lovely cut throat sign form a few of their fans for it (soon shut me up).and it was nice for them to keep us back 40 mins after the final whistle just so we could walk through a corridor of Milwall fans after the game

Guest ancientowl

I was there and didn't see any of the goals. Second row in stand behind a group of six footers who stood up for every goal.