Luke Varney

Guest S6 Kop Owl

As has been said, lovely guy who played like a fan would- gave everything in whatever position he was played, and he was only a loanee here.

I wouldn't get too carried away though- i remember how people were spaffing themselves over him when he got that brace against Southampton during his first loan spell. Over a full season when he joined, he got found out more often than not.

Shows great quality in short bursts, and it's bizarre that he can't get a game at Derby, but over the course of a full season he'll go missing more often than not. The stats back that up- one in 4 at Crewe, one in 4 for us, and one in 6 at Charlton.

Our resident Derby fan at work reckons its because if he plays one more competitive game for Derby, it triggers a payment to Charlton and they can't afford to pay it.

It raises the question why people thought he wouldnt do well with us this season. He'd have scored loads, just as Macail Smith has, due to being hard working pacy and direct...were really missing a bit of pace.

Well done to him, he does well in the bigger games, such as his debut and that game against Newcastle at home.

Would not have scored many goals for us this season, as we create very few chances for our strikers.

I beg to differ, he would get the ball and run at the defence or allow us to play further up the field due to his pace. He isnt a "finisher" like our current strikers who are probably better at finding the net when dealing with crosses or balls into feet into the box, but hes better at making things happen himself.

Guest S6 Kop Owl

Beacause of the time you get on the ball in the Prem.

It's probably the league that suits him best.

Gives him time to decide what he's going to to do alot earlier. Which makes him a real handful.#

Awesome talent.

Great attitude aswell.

Thats the key - his attitude!

fair play to the lad BUT......look wot he said when he was with us, i want to stay at wednesday. now hes at bpool, i want to stay here....!! he scores goals with good supply and thats it, stay in the club. not knocking him for his poaching instint

could we afford him?.....NO!!! if we could have would he be here probably yes obviously if we'd got in at the end of the season.

and on a different tack I find your avatar extremley offensive

Guest S6 Kop Owl

could we afford him?.....NO!!! if we could have would he be here probably yes obviously if we'd got in at the end of the season.

and on a different tack I find your avatar extremley offensive

my avatar? lol

How dare you ? ;)