Luke Varney

Guest S6 Kop Owl

Guest S6 Kop Owl

Hope he shoves two fingers up at Nigel Clough and his coaching staff!

I wish he was still here, the lad ALWAYS gave 100% effort everytime he put that shirt on, his work rate was excellent

Its truely staggering to think, he was playing non-league at the beginning of his career now he is playing at the top level and has even scored at Anfield.

Got a feeling he won't forget that goal today

Hope we see you at Hillsborough again in the future!

Well done Varney lad, ive think you have now proven to Nigel and the set of lobbers at Derby that you can score goals at every level. (except International)

Varney for England ;)

I wish he was still here, the lad ALWAYS gave 100% effort everytime he put that shirt on, his work rate was excellent

Its truely staggering to think, he was playing non-league at the beginning of his career now he is playing at the top level and has even scored at Anfield.

Well done Varney lad, ive think you have now proven to Nigel and the set of lobbers at Derby that you can score goals at every level. (except International)

Varney for England ;)

I have loads of time for Varney as he is one of the most hard working footballers there is. He really is showing up those on here who said he wasnt good enough for us! We really did miss out on a gem. Good look to the lad!

Guest AnotherOwl

He was one of the few who had the balls to stick his neck out last season. If one or two more had his attitude back then, we wouldn't have gone down. That's for sure.

Well done Varney. Top lad.

Beacause of the time you get on the ball in the Prem.

It's probably the league that suits him best.

Gives him time to decide what he's going to to do alot earlier. Which makes him a real handful.#

Awesome talent.

Great attitude aswell.

He was one of the few who had the balls to stick his neck out last season. If one or two more had his attitude back then, we wouldn't have gone down. That's for sure.

Well done Varney. Top lad.

And if he'd scored when one on one with the Palace keeper with 10 minutes to go then we wouldn't have gone down. That's for sure.

Reminds me a bit of Darren Huckerby.

Quite frustrating, because he should - for his pace - scored more goals at Championship level.

Would have ripped league one a new one by the way.

Fair play to him though and long may it continue.

And if he'd scored when one on one with the Palace keeper with 10 minutes to go then we wouldn't have gone down. That's for sure.

Agreed, but we wouldn't have had the chance to stay up that day had he not scored that late winner against Watford.

As has been said, lovely guy who played like a fan would- gave everything in whatever position he was played, and he was only a loanee here.

I wouldn't get too carried away though- i remember how people were spaffing themselves over him when he got that brace against Southampton during his first loan spell. Over a full season when he joined, he got found out more often than not.

Shows great quality in short bursts, and it's bizarre that he can't get a game at Derby, but over the course of a full season he'll go missing more often than not. The stats back that up- one in 4 at Crewe, one in 4 for us, and one in 6 at Charlton.

I'm not quite sure why I got so much negativity for my comment on him, yeah put the effort in and scored a few goals (the one at Coventry was indeed a beauty) here and there but seriously what did I miss that put everybody on here up his ar$e?

Varney for England ;)

Totally agree mate, when he signed for blackpool there was a few people on here who were saying he wasn't even good enough for the championship. ha! Bangin' em in at Anfield now.

I've always been a fan of him and wish all the best for the rest of his career.

Guest sussxowl74

fair play to the lad BUT......look wot he said when he was with us, i want to stay at wednesday. now hes at bpool, i want to stay here....!! he scores goals with good supply and thats it, stay in the club. not knocking him for his poaching instint

Agreed, but we wouldn't have had the chance to stay up that day had he not scored that late winner against Watford.

Doesn't say a great deal considering what happened but that was the best moment of last season by a distance.

Guest Briscoe Inferno

Enjoy the rewards Luke.

Very underrated and suffered with terrible service.

Anything can happen when you have a decent midfield....