Who's idea for unreserved seating?

Absolute chaos.

I spoke to a few of the coppers and stewards as i left, and they thought that they could be in deep poo poo for today- the overcrowding especially in the middle blocks where i was, was nothing short of dangerous, and i'm surprised (and delighted) that nobody ended up hurt or anything.

The steward of the block i was sitting in reckoned that the central part of the stand was overcrowded by about 1000 fans in his opinion- it was, to use his phrase, ''an absolutely f**king nightmare".

Notts County probably got a bit lucky today that we won tbh- it would have been 10x worse had we lost and things turned ugly.

Absolute chaos.

I spoke to a few of the coppers and stewards as i left, and they thought that they could be in deep poo poo for today- the overcrowding especially in the middle blocks where i was, was nothing short of dangerous, and i'm surprised (and delighted) that nobody ended up hurt or anything.

The steward of the block i was sitting in reckoned that the central part of the stand was overcrowded by about 1000 fans in his opinion- it was, to use his phrase, ''an absolutely f**king nightmare".

Notts County probably got a bit lucky today that we won tbh- it would have been 10x worse had we lost and things turned ugly.

the PA guy asking us to sit down was quality, response was - if ya dont fukin bounce ur a blade.

but was stupid the unreserved seating the seats had rows & numbers etc so why not issue them

The communication between stewards wasn't up to much either. I got there very early and the first steward I saw told me I could sit absolutely anywhere in the stand (apart from the cordoned-off parts). A minute later another steward asked me what was on my ticket, so I told him it said "X2", so he said "you've got to sit in that block then". Didn't bother me at all, but surely they should all be singing off the same sheet...

Was talking to a steward on the Tram going to the game and i told him it was unreserved seating. He didnt look best pleased. He said the stewarding there was a complete and utter shambles henst the reason the company he worked for was going in to show them how to do it. They had a problem when they played Forest in a pre season game when over 6000 of them turned up. The club didnt even sell tickets just had pay on the day

Was talking to a steward on the Tram going to the game and i told him it was unreserved seating. He didnt look best pleased. He said the stewarding there was a complete and utter shambles henst the reason the company he worked for was going in to show them how to do it. They had a problem when they played Forest in a pre season game when over 6000 of them turned up. The club didnt even sell tickets just had pay on the day

That clears up my question then - i did wonder why the two stewards I spoke to were wearing different attire, so one must've been from the other company.

Remember going there many years ago when one of their players scored a hat trick in about 9 minutes and seeing one of the crash barriers fold in half as we all surged forward

We arrived very early [before the gates were open] the first steward we spoke to inside the ground didn't even know it was unreserved seating today. We sat nearly bang on the halfway line, at the back of block Y3 [Y3was on our tickets] and the stairs at the side of our block were rammed all the match. During the second half a lad 6 or 7 on the row infront needed the toilet, absolutely no chance of getting through. After they [police, health and safety etc] reveiw how today went I would be extremely surprised if any other team gets 4200 unreserved seats again in that stand. Despite the minor problems we enjoyed it today, great afternoon out, good company and 3 points cheers Wednesday.

I was sat next to one of the entrances, and this was a common conversation today:

Steward: "you can't stand here- it's a gang way"

Fan: " well I can't see an gaps to stand in, so where di you suggest I go?"

Steward: "dunno....."

like I mentioned in a thread yesterday- they ain't going to keeping that new safety certificate long...

I went with a cripple so arrived to the ground quite early (2.30) - we managed to get a good spot close to the halfway line. Several empty seats around us yet the isles swamped.

It was a disaster waiting to happen and if Notts lose their safety cert after that then they've only got themselves to blame.