Miller and Heffernan

Guest wewantsturrockback

heffernan was awful today, like morrison not interested in chasing balls that were just two yards away from him. He did nothign today to warrant a startingh place. Mellor when he came on chased a lot, made their keeper kick it out for throw ins in good positiosn at least 4 times just by chasing lost causes, Heff did none of that

Miller MOM definately today, had some good touches and also got stuck in in the tackles, very impressed by him today

Tudders put an absolute shift in as ever and got his reward with a peach of a goal - even better that the d*ck head behind me slagged him off all game but was bouncing all over the place when he tucked that in, funny that!

Coke also played well, get him on the ball and things happen.

Note on Potter - he has had a lot of stick and i am one of those giving him a lot of it - but in fairness today he came on, chased a ball 50 yards and made their keeper play it, put in a few tackles and got their man sent off (deserved though), as well as scoring. By no means sayin he shoudl start, he has had enough chances in the past to play well and hasnt taken them, but i would say that is how to respond when dropped/not given a chance.

I dont think we'd even have had a sniff of relegation if Miller had been fit last season. Hes a cut above most of our midfielders, although hes not the quickest he has great anticipation and has a good footballing brain adding a bit of composure to the side.

Its good to see him fired up too, rather than people spitting the dummy out.

His ball retention was actually pretty good- he knows his game and sticks to it.

1) Move, find space and get the ball.

2) Use your body to shield it, and lay it off to a midfielder.

3) Go and get in the box.

As long as he keeps doing that, he'll score goals, don't worry about that.

If anyone fancies Morrison to score more goals than Heffernan this season, i'l put £10 on it, with the loser paying the money to SCH or Grandad's charity.

Steve Maclean was exactly the same. It took him a while to really get going too.

I dont think we'd even have had a sniff of relegation if Miller had been fit last season. Hes a cut above most of our midfielders, although hes not the quickest he has great anticipation and has a good footballing brain adding a bit of composure to the side.

Its good to see him fired up too, rather than people spitting the dummy out.

I've been saying that too- although Laws probably would have played him at LB or in goal knowing our Bri. :biggrin:

Guest intercity0wl

I must admit that I though Heff was poor and threw away a chance to earn a starting place. Each to their own though.

Thought Miller was superb and probably my MOTM as I've said elsewhere.

Think i would go with that assesment Sam, but i was getting a bit frustrated with the number of times Heffernan (and he was not the only one ) seemed to loose their footing when having to turn sharply on a pitch, which seems to be the norm these days was being wartered right up to kick off and again at half time.

Must be something to do with our players choice of footwear as it happens alot and their players did not have the same problem.

Enjoyed the day and the result immensely, biggest disapointment had to be that Hooters boozer people on here keep going about, sixties style orange hot pants and gallons of fake tan, looked like the setting for a Tango advert..

Edited by intercity0wl