Miller and Heffernan

By far away out best players today- both of them showed great class both on and off the ball.

They also completely changed the way we played as a team- Heffernan was constantly finding space so he could have the ball into feet easily, and Miller (unlike any other player apart from Coke) actually has the confidence in his own ability to get the ball down on the floor instead of just hooking it forwards and waiting for someone to chase it.

Very impressed- i knew Miller would stand out in this league, but didn't expect too much of Heffernan.

Although not at the game I can be pretty certain that Miller if fit (has been all career until he came to us) will be one of the stand out players for us this year.

Out of interest did he play CM today? IF on the wing this is even more impressive.

Guest pac-man

No miller played on the left. He was the stand out player of the first half. I thought we played better once him and tudgay swapped wings in second half.

Heff just needs more game time and the ball to his feet. Wish Morrison would stop backing into people looking for a foul and just try to play football!

Guest Josh Fox

Heffernan? Hahaha good joke he was awful hence why he was subbed so early in 2nd half! Agree with miller though absolutely superb, his commitment is whats needed throughtout the team!

Heffernan? Hahaha good joke he was awful hence why he was subbed so early in 2nd half! Agree with miller though absolutely superb, his commitment is whats needed throughtout the team!

He was subbed because he was knackered- it's quite tiring trying to move and find space...not that any of our other strikers would know about it.

Guest Josh Fox

He was subbed because he was knackered- it's quite tiring trying to move and find space...not that any of our other strikers would know about it.

Knackered? A professional football getting knackered after an hour of football? No he was poor today i've not been impressed- rubbish touch, not strong or fast enough stuggled in my eyes today!

Knackered? A professional football getting knackered after an hour of football? No he was poor today i've not been impressed- rubbish touch, not strong or fast enough stuggled in my eyes today!

It's the first league game he's started in about 6 months i think- players can't just go from sitting on the bench for long periods of time to running themselves into the ground for 90 minutes.

We'll have to wait and see- i'l make a very bold prediction and say i think he'll score quite a few more goals this season than Morrison (the messiah as he was treated by our fans when he signed) will.

Edited by TheBoyBeevers

Guest Coxy1867

Totally agree with coke and miller being the best players today by a mile.

Thought the subs and change in personell changed the game in the 2nd half.

Uto

Finding space to receive the ball is all well and good, but then you have to do something with it once you get it- that's what let him down.

Still, today was better than his last two starts i can remember.

Finding space to receive the ball is all well and good, but then you have to do something with it once you get it- that's what let him down.

Still, today was better than his last two starts i can remember.

His ball retention was actually pretty good- he knows his game and sticks to it.

1) Move, find space and get the ball.

2) Use your body to shield it, and lay it off to a midfielder.

3) Go and get in the box.

As long as he keeps doing that, he'll score goals, don't worry about that.

If anyone fancies Morrison to score more goals than Heffernan this season, i'l put £10 on it, with the loser paying the money to SCH or Grandad's charity.