Darren Potter

I like potter personally. Just the whipping boy of the moment. I wish he would drop joc for him.

IMO you cant have too many players like Potter and Coke in the side without a ball winner in there as well. This has been the problem most of the season, we dont help out the defence. While JOC may not be the most attractive player when we are in possession, one thing that he does is get stuck in. You dont see Potter and Coke making many challenges and tracking back.

Guest Sheff Owl

Not a fan, i will never deny that.

Would rather have Miller/Coke in the middle everytime.

Yes he scored today and well done for that, i'm not gonna criticise him for scoring a goal.

Let's see if he can kick on but IMO like i said he has to earn a shirt and maybe a stint on the bench will give him a kick up the back side.

IMO you cant have too many players like Potter and Coke in the side without a ball winner in there as well. This has been the problem most of the season, we dont help out the defence. While JOC may not be the most attractive player when we are in possession, one thing that he does is get stuck in. You dont see Potter and Coke making many challenges and tracking back.

You clearly didn't go today. Coke was immense - ran himself ragged and tracked back to help out in defence.

Tap ins don't count

Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me, but I thought he knocked a tidy finish in from about the penalty spot - hardly a tap in.

Any half decent player should be scoring from that sort of position really given the space and time he had, but it was certainly not a tap in as I remember it.

Id rather have Potter as a sub than start him. JOC wins lots of headers every game and for his height aint bad! Potter and JOC doesnt work. JOC and Coke works! Second half they bossed the midfield. JOC put lots of tackles in too. For me Potter doesnt do half the stuff JOC does.

Also that boot up the arse that Potter got from their player worked biggrin.gif It changed him after that!

Very similar performance to that at Colchester when he changed the game.

Coming on as a sub, he seems to get a lot more time and space and picks plenty of dangerous passes going forwards.

I'd keep the midfield unchanged, but fair play to Potter are getting booed last week to come back with a goal.

Guest sussxowl74

just seen hi lites on sky news, saw the sending off and something i not seen too many times, potter was the one fouled, and had the decency to shake hands with judge. maybe the word respect should be taught to hughes

Never gutted that a player has scored for us.

Lets hope that this gives him a bit of confidence and he starts doing what he is capable of doing.

welcome to owlstalk and welcome to to people who put thier own ego before the fortunes of this great club!

Id rather have Potter as a sub than start him. JOC wins lots of headers every game and for his height aint bad! Potter and JOC doesnt work. JOC and Coke works! Second half they bossed the midfield. JOC put lots of tackles in too. For me Potter doesnt do half the stuff JOC does.

Also that boot up the arse that Potter got from their player worked biggrin.gif It changed him after that!

I won't argue with you there mate... mainly because you know nothing about football and are not worth it . Potter is 100XM the player the JoC is. My sausage roll had better positioning than JoC, and I left that in Via Fossa!

potter & the team play well when we dont play hoofball.

why? because potter can have the ball at feet, where he feels comfortable, spreading the play around and the odd shot. While I am not his biggest fan he is effective from the bench, coke & miller played well today so should play in the middle with tudgay on the right & teale or jones on the left.

BUT if it aint broke don't fix it.

Guest Briscoe Inferno

potter & the team play well when we dont play hoofball.

why? because potter can have the ball at feet, where he feels comfortable, spreading the play around and the odd shot. While I am not his biggest fan he is effective from the bench, coke & miller played well today so should play in the middle with tudgay on the right & teale or jones on the left.

BUT if it aint broke don't fix it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Edited by Briscoe Inferno

Tap ins don't count

Weird! I said at the start of the game if tudgay scores the winner id buy all of our party(8 of us) the drinks after the game.

One of the lads said the same about potters goal at the end!

Well the money in my pocket says they do mate!

Well done darren, we'll take one of them every game!