Irvine's interview in the Star

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sportheadlines/Owls-boss39s-next-goal.6556125.jp

The first paragraph…………. Clean sheet and a point at home to Oldham a springboard to success?!?!?!?

He’s taking the f@cking p1ss. A point at home to Oldham a springboard to success?!?!?

This man needs to forced out of our football club. He’s absolute disgrace. Sick of hearing after each game we lose ‘We’ll get a good weeks training and go from there.’ Why doesn’t he start by saying just play your football and express yourselves? Instead he’s watching Oldham and their style of play (as he mentioned in the article) and drumming into the players what we have to do to stop them! There bl00dy Oldham ffs. Stop been so obsessed with the oppositions tactics, why don’t we give them something to worry about for a change

Nobody wanted him in the first place, thanks a lot Strafford – you’ve given us the worst manager I’ve ever seen at Hillsborough and then b@ggerd off and left us with him.

He can use the excuse of off the pitch all he wants but at the end of the day with the squad of players he’s got he should be doing a lot better.

I hope your reading this Irvine. Please, please, please just f*ck off!

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sportheadlines/Owls-boss39s-next-goal.6556125.jp

The first paragraph…………. Clean sheet and a point at home to Oldham a springboard to success?!?!?!?

He’s taking the f@cking p1ss. A point at home to Oldham a springboard to success?!?!?

This man needs to forced out of our football club. He’s absolute disgrace. Sick of hearing after each game we lose ‘We’ll get a good weeks training and go from there.’ Why doesn’t he start by saying just play your football and express yourselves? Instead he’s watching Oldham and their style of play (as he mentioned in the article) and drumming into the players what we have to do to stop them! There bl00dy Oldham ffs. Stop been so obsessed with the oppositions tactics, why don’t we give them something to worry about for a change

Nobody wanted him in the first place, thanks a lot Strafford – you’ve given us the worst manager I’ve ever seen at Hillsborough and then b@ggerd off and left us with him.

He can use the excuse of off the pitch all he wants but at the end of the day with the squad of players he’s got he should be doing a lot better.

Astonishing isn't it...

Astonishing isn't it...

I agree that a draw with Oldham is disappointing but the world hasn't ended. We aren't where we would like to be. We are in a bad spell. We aren't getting results and financially we're stuck but let's all stop becoming irrational.

We can't keep saying sack the manager. We can't keep chopping and changing. He has to to have time for two reasons. Firstly, we can't afford to get rid of him. Secondly he's been atbthe club for about 20 odd league games. All managers need time. He needs to keep working to develop his team and his tactics. Surely just constantly saying sack him to every manager we get isn't going to progress our team or club.

We are currently a League 1 club with a league 1 team with less than league 1 finances in some respects. We were never going to walk this league and we're not even a quarter of the way into the season.

Calm down.

http://www.thestar.c...goal.6556125.jp

He's taking the f@cking p1ss. A point at home to Oldham a springboard to success?!?!?

This man needs to forced out of our football club. He's absolute disgrace. Sick of hearing after each game we lose 'We'll get a good weeks training and go from there.' Why doesn't he start by saying just play your football and express yourselves? Instead he's watching Oldham and their style of play (as he mentioned in the article) and drumming into the players what we have to do to stop them! There bl00dy Oldham ffs. Stop been so obsessed with the oppositions tactics, why don't we give them something to worry about for a change

Nobody wanted him in the first place, thanks a lot Strafford – you've given us the worst manager I've ever seen at Hillsborough and then b@ggerd off and left us with him.

He can use the excuse of off the pitch all he wants but at the end of the day with the squad of players he's got he should be doing a lot better.

Be honest when you answer this to yourself. Were you thinking this when we had 10 points from 4 games or is this just a similar irrattional thought to the one where you thought we'd win this league no problem after 4 games?

Guest armchairfan

Totally agree with hipahamp!!!!

I keep saying that we were never gonna go through the league unbeaten beating everyone 3,4 or 5 nil (like some people expect us to do. We are in a bad spell at the moment, better now than toward the end of the season. I agree that AI seems to worry about how the opposition are gonna play and try to combat that first rather than get the opposition worrying about us but when was the last time we played teams off the park week in week out. Personally, I don't care how we go up this season as long as we do go up! That would have been Alan's brief at the start of the season so if he doesn't then fine, slag him but it's unproductive slating him this early in the season where at the moment two wins on the trot will shoot you up the league

Guest armchairfan

Totally agree with hipahamp!!!!

I keep saying that we were never gonna go through the league unbeaten beating everyone 3,4 or 5 nil (like some people expect us to do. We are in a bad spell at the moment, better now than toward the end of the season. I agree that AI seems to worry about how the opposition are gonna play and try to combat that first rather than get the opposition worrying about us but when was the last time we played teams off the park week in week out. Personally, I don't care how we go up this season as long as we do go up! That would have been Alan's brief at the start of the season so if he doesn't then fine, slag him but it's unproductive slating him this early in the season where at the moment two wins on the trot will shoot you up the league

I agree that a draw with Oldham is disappointing but the world hasn't ended. We aren't where we would like to be. We are in a bad spell. We aren't getting results and financially we're stuck but let's all stop becoming irrational.

We can't keep saying sack the manager. We can't keep chopping and changing. He has to to have time for two reasons. Firstly, we can't afford to get rid of him. Secondly he's been atbthe club for about 20 odd league games. All managers need time. He needs to keep working to develop his team and his tactics. Surely just constantly saying sack him to every manager we get isn't going to progress our team or club.

We are currently a League 1 club with a league 1 team with less than league 1 finances in some respects. We were never going to walk this league and we're not even a quarter of the way into the season.

Calm down.

Hiya Alan, didn't realise you were a member of owlstalk. Well can I just say to you on behalf of 90% of wednesday fans, please wee wee off u boring negative uncharismatic barsteward.

Edited by Orlando_Trustful

http://www.thestar.c...goal.6556125.jp

He's taking the f@cking p1ss. A point at home to Oldham a springboard to success?!?!?

This man needs to forced out of our football club. He's absolute disgrace. Sick of hearing after each game we lose 'We'll get a good weeks training and go from there.' Why doesn't he start by saying just play your football and express yourselves? Instead he's watching Oldham and their style of play (as he mentioned in the article) and drumming into the players what we have to do to stop them! There bl00dy Oldham ffs. Stop been so obsessed with the oppositions tactics, why don't we give them something to worry about for a change

Nobody wanted him in the first place, thanks a lot Strafford – you've given us the worst manager I've ever seen at Hillsborough and then b@ggerd off and left us with him.

He can use the excuse of off the pitch all he wants but at the end of the day with the squad of players he's got he should be doing a lot better.

Don`t be too unkind he just seems in a daze.

Be honest when you answer this to yourself. Were you thinking this when we had 10 points from 4 games or is this just a similar irrattional thought to the one where you thought we'd win this league no problem after 4 games?

Actually I thought we've had a decent start in a p1ss poor league, without really playing well at all. And ok, I thought Irvine might have enough to get us promoted looking at our team compared to looking at other teams in this league.

I admit I had a negative view on Irvine when he took over, simply because I didn't think he was up for the job, and has since done absolutely nothing to prove me wrong.

He's holding on to his job simply because a minority of people think he's an 'educated' manager who knows the game inside out, because he's beem Moyes right hand man for so long etc. Why does he get held in such high regard? he's done f*ck all as a manager.

Actually I thought we've had a decent start in a p1ss poor league, without really playing well at all. And ok, I thought Irvine might have enough to get us promoted looking at our team compared to looking at other teams in this league.

I admit I had a negative view on Irvine when he took over, simply because I didn't think he was up for the job, and has since done absolutely nothing to prove me wrong.

He's holding on to his job simply because a minority of people think he's an 'educated' manager who knows the game inside out, because he's beem Moyes right hand man for so long etc. Why does he get held in such high regard? he's done f*ck all as a manager.

So what's the strategy when we get rid of Irvine? Search for another manager? Our financial trouble, board room squabbles, previous manager given no real time to progress all make us such an attractive prospect. The amount of people shouting Keegan, Shearer, O'Neill, many others last time are living in cloud cuckoo land. Why would anyone like that come here at the moment. Our other target managers were choosing less famous, historic clubs in front of us last time. Noone wants to take us on. Could we support the new manager in rebuilding his team again 6 months after we've just rebuilt massively?

Don't you think an amount of stability and support might help more. We're on a bad run. If we're in the same position at christmas then worry but I'm confident we won't be. We're here on merit and we have to work to get out of it not just throw the towel in and start again every 5 minutes.

Calm down.

Don't come the football holier than thou poo ..if you really think sticking with Irvine is the right thing to do then you haven't seen us this season. Try 30 odd games of absolute rubbish.

Calling for his head is anything but irrational. It's completely logical based on his performance last season and this season. Also, if you have followed football at all in the last 10 years you may have noted ' chopping and changing' managers is part and parcel of the game..the managers and players realise this hence the complete lack of stigma surrounding managers getting the sack. Some, like Strachan and Laws, almost immediatly get a better job after being sacked.

As for the league 1 club with less than league 1 finances..have you seen our squad? I believe we have the 2nd highest wage budget in the division..we should be pishing this league.

The final bit of your ill informed post speaks volumes about how much of Wedmnesday you have seen this season....

' Calm down ' you say. CALM flipping DOWN? ???? our performances against Plymouth, Carlisle and Southampton to name just three would get the Dalai Lama banned from the ground for swearing.

Edited by Bannofan

Don't come the football holier than thou poo ..if you really think sticking with Irvine is the right thing to do then you haven't seen us this season. Try 30 odd games of absolute rubbish.

Calling for his head is anything but irrational. It's completely logical based on his performance last season and this season. Also, if you have followed football at all in the last 10 years you may have noted ' chopping and changing' managers is part and parcel of the game..the managers and players realise this hence the complete lack of stigma surrounding managers getting the sack. Some, like Strachan and Laws, almost immediatly get a better job after being sacked.

As for the league 1 club with less than league 1 finances..have you seen our squad? I believe we have the 2nd highest wage budget in the division..we should be pishing this league.

The final bit of your ill informed post speaks volumes about how much of Wedmnesday you have seen this season....

' Calm down ' you say. CALM flipping DOWN? ???? our performances against Plymouth, Carlisle and Southampton to name just three would get the Dalai Lama banned from the ground for swearing.

Read post 13. What do you want the club to do? Do you want someone to walk into the job and magically create a winning side from scraps. He's had this side together for 2 months. Ill informed you say. There's more sense in my words than your bluster and lack of reality.

Guest Sheff Owl

He watched Oldham 'a few times', he watched Carlisle in their previous 2 games before us...what have they both got in common?

Answer - Centre backs that are flipping big and he knows this so what does he do? plays to their strengths - flipping pathetic Irvine.

Lack of league 1 finances? Oh I forgot we aren't on the edge of administration then? You twanger.

Read post 13. What do you want the club to do? Do you want someone to walk into the job and magically create a winning side from scraps. He's had this side together for 2 months. Ill informed you say. There's more sense in my words than your bluster and lack of reality.

I'm afraid you haven't got a clue mate. Obviously you are entitled to your opinion and I sense you won't budge from it .. to be honest you don't strike me as a person who would take on board the fact that you are in a very small minority with your ' give it time' approach.

What I want the club to do is acknowledge that we have passed the point of no return with Irvine. I appreciate we haven't got the finances to sack him and his team, but we need him away from the club. Gardening leave is the only option. Bring Sean Macauley in, a man who players respect due to the way he believes the game should be played and how he communicates with them, and see if we can get a better atmosphere around the training pitch . This in turn would generate a hugely positive response from the crowd with the result being players performing with confidence, with a clear idea of their role and responsibility.