Spurr tonight- unbelievable

Guest britmod_owl

I think sometimes we take too much credit as fans, Yes we have a lot of loyal, supportive fans who deserve to be called the best fans in the country because to go through what the fans have, well they are. But also we have some really thick tvats and fickle fans aswell. The HW thing shows it, abusing a loyal young player, whos ability may come into question but his effort never, is just crazy.

I have a feeling there will be a lot of morons making the trip to Notts County, ready to get on players backs within 10 minutes and help the team to more lost points. Hope im wrong though.

Did he turn up in a Bentley?

I've not been a fan of Spurr over the past 18 months - but this behaviour is terrible. If the lad is going to turn it around, then this isn't going to help.

The further down the leagues you go, the lower the IQ of the fans.

Guest bradwell.owl

Wednesday definitely have a higher fool percentage than many other clubs. Not just the kids either, its all the way through the fan base and something that the new owners will also have to contend with. Their will be abuse aimed left right and centre from idiots who in reality probably cannot cross a road safely or walk and chew gum at the same time!

Wednesday definitely have a higher fool percentage than many other clubs. Not just the kids either, its all the way through the fan base and something that the new owners will also have to contend with. Their will be abuse aimed left right and centre from idiots who in reality probably cannot cross a road safely or walk and chew gum at the same time!

I never noticed the dim wits as much when we were in the Premier League. How about anyone else. Is there a correlation between the team's performance and the fans IQ's?

This one is unbelievable

Tommy Spurr arrives at Hillsborough for the game

He walks through our fans on the way to go and prepare in the dressing room

Our fans - "Tommy... why dont you just f*cking

p!ss off? Youre f*cking sh!t.."

This was from our own fans to one of our own players...

Incredible

Yes, I heard this from someone who was there too - apparently Spurr was a little upset about it - we really have some total tails as fans at this club!!! :mad:

Guest gringo69

Unfortunately, the players walk from where they park to the players entrance, so this kind of moronic behaviour can, and does happen.

Needs some way of being stopped, one of these clowns will end up getting chinned, by one of the other idiots who is a fan of the player they've just insulted.

Although there would be a cost to alternatives (coach from training ground/more stewards) we need the more sensible fans to put these idiots straight, which is hard because they only have 50% of the IQ required for normal fuction in the first place.

Correct the staement may be, you don't try and destroy the confidence of an already shakey young player before he's stepped foot on the pitch.

As James once sang ...... "Born of frustration"

And i can only see things getting worse with the utter dross being served up by players and manager alike !

Isn't it just the same as many fools post on here but straight to his face though ?

I'm sure if some people knew that Spurr read this site, they would choose their words more carefully, it's similar to jokes about the handicapped.

Everyone as heard them, and most will have laughed at them, but you wouldn't really want to tell a disabled person one to their face.

I think anyone who gives that level of abuse to a player just before he is about to give 100% of himself, should have a good look at themself.

Isn't it just the same as many fools post on here but straight to his face though ?

Alot of discussions regarding Spurr are put a little bit more intelligently than "your poo poo". I think Tommy himself would agree that his form has been better, his positioning has been bad and you can't get away from this fact.

However, this is for the manager, coaching staff and player to sort out. Fans are entitled to put there thoughts forward, particularly in a fans forum such as this. But abusing a player in such a stupid way prior to the kick off if just out of order.

What I can never understand about this kind of thing; is if the said "fool" was constantly shot down during their own career / job, it wouldn't take long before they thought long and hard about just giving in and leaving or wait to be sacked?

So just because a footballer earns more than the vast majority of any supporters ever could, they are different and should be destabilised in a way that said "fools" would hate to be on the receiving end of themselves. angry.gif

you imagine he has a career or job...?

you imagine he has a career or job...?

I see what you're intimating, I suppose we will never know so it will be a 50/50 regarding that issue in my mind. I don't think every single "messed up fan of swfc" will be unemployed, it's like saying every single idiot who has ever been involved in fighting / hooliganism is unemployed but we know a fair % actually have jobs and for whatever reason put football violence before their own livelihoods and families and so on. blink.gif

Would it not be possible for the police / stewards that stand around the players entrance to be able to lynch any fan who gives this sort of tirade at a player, a lifetime ban from the club and ground... just a thought?

If you swear in front of any police person, normally you are warned once under section 5 and then nicked if you carry on, surely this kind of thing can apply inside football club's grounds?

In my eyes, it would send out a VERY strong message and may even be the precursor to sorting out that side of every clubs fan base, of what is acceptable or not as the case maybe, regarding letting players know your frustrations.

Just think it goes along with the antics on the HW vid from Saturday. our fan base contains people who just do not understand what is happening too the club. :angry:

We have elements in the fan base that would need spell check for IQ, and who start their alphabet by A,S,B,O

yes we are all flipping peed off with things but personal rants like that at Spurr pointless. Actually the funny thing would be one of them ranting and the player turning and chinning them. down in one punch no doubt.

Think if anyone should hang his head in shame its the manager for the pointless defensive tactics, constant arse kissing of the opposition in pre match notes, let them worry about us for once.

Alot of discussions regarding Spurr are put a little bit more intelligently than "your poo poo".

Not much and I believe Tommy intimated in a interview before that he is aware of the criticisms he receives from fans. I'm sure all the players have had a look on here now and then.

As much as Wednesday need every person they can through the gate I think this piece of garbage is an exception. People like that should just stay the flip away from S6.

I know Tommy is not the flavour of the month with a lot of fans even though I think a lot of the stick is pretty unfair you cant deny the effort he puts in getting up and down the flank to support attack then come back into defence. The guy loves SWFC and people should cut him a bit of slack imo.