Who was it and what was it about

Guest intercity0wl

Guest intercity0wl

Was having a natter with a steward at half time while other half had a ciggy and heard some sort of announcement being made at half time, something about looking forward to working with the club for the rest of the season, which seemed to draw some applause.

I guess it wasn't anything of great interest or importance as i have not seen or heard anything about it, but being a nosey git im still curious what it was about.

Was having a natter with a steward at half time while other half had a ciggy and heard some sort of announcement being made at half time, something about looking forward to working with the club for the rest of the season, which seemed to draw some applause.

I guess it wasn't anything of great interest or importance as i have not seen or heard anything about it, but being a nosey git im still curious what it was about.

the new strange looking mascott.

It was someone from the Childrens Hospital. Not sure who though.

It was someone from the Childrens Hospital. Not sure who though.

It was the Director of the Childrens Hospital charity forgot his name now and I worked there with him too a few years ago ha ha ha ha. He was basically working the crowd and saying thank you for all your donations through buying shirts which raised £29k. He also thanked the Wednesday fans who have done things of there own back to raise money for the childrens hospital, the cheer was when he said we had best childrens hospital in the country obviously forgetting about great ormand street what is world renound :laugh:

I can't vouch for any other childrens hospital, but my daughter spent five months out of her first year in SCH.

They are in my eyes the best kids hospital bar none. Top to bottom wednesday could take a leaf oUt of their professionalism and compassion.

Edited by salmonbones

I can't vouch for any other childrens hospital, but my daughter spent five months out of her first year in SCH.

They are in my eyes the best kids hospital bar none. Top to bottom wednesday could take a leaf oUt of their professionalism and compassion.

I was basicaly braught up in the hospital and wouldnt be able to walk or talk if it wasnt for the hospital also as I was paralysed at one point down my right side when I was a baby and I had treatment all the way till I was 16. I still see docs but at Hallamshire now.

I was basicaly braught up in the hospital and wouldnt be able to walk or talk if it wasnt for the hospital also as I was paralysed at one point down my right side when I was a baby and I had treatment all the way till I was 16. I still see docs but at Hallamshire now.

Lots of people never realise what good jobs they do - the only reason at the minute we have to be proud of our club at the moment is the association with SCH for me.

Lots of people never realise what good jobs they do - the only reason at the minute we have to be proud of our club at the moment is the association with SCH for me.

I'm glad that the recent negative publicity regarding the relationship between SWFC and SCH doesn't seem to have "stuck".

It's also great that it has encouraged individual and small groups of Wednesdayites to raise money for the hospital.

Guest Sheff Owl

I only know what came out of Lee Strafford's mouth, which may or may not have been the whole truth. Do you know any different, or have more of the story?

To be honest i'm not sure what sure what Lee Strafford said.

It was the Director of the Childrens Hospital charity forgot his name now and I worked there with him too a few years ago ha ha ha ha. He was basically working the crowd and saying thank you for all your donations through buying shirts which raised £29k. He also thanked the Wednesday fans who have done things of there own back to raise money for the childrens hospital, the cheer was when he said we had best childrens hospital in the country obviously forgetting about great ormand street what is world renound :laugh:

Don't worry mate My wife trained at Sheffield Childrens and it is up there with the best. It really pees Kids nurses in other hospitals off that G O S gets all the plaudits and all the money as they own the rights to the Peter Pan works and still get royalties from it, whereas my wifes hospital have to scrimp and scrape for the basics

Guest johnowls

the new strange looking mascott.

What the hell was it?

Whoever made the costume must have been experimenting with LSD :biggrin:

Tried for ages to work out what it was meant to be but we gave up.