Dedication or Madness?

On Saturday I will be undergoing a very, very long day to see the lads at Plymouth.

On Friday we are going to the Isle of Wight to stay with my wifes parents. So on the Saturday I am getting a day release :biggrin:

To save people getting up at the crack of dawn to take me to ferry terminal here is what I am going to be doing.

- 4:15 walk 4 miles to ferry terminal at Ryde to catch the fastcat to Portsmouth Harbour

- 5:45 catch ferry to Portsmouth.

- 7:05 train from Portsmouth to Plymouth via Bristol

return

- 18:25 from Plymouth to Portsmouth via Bristol again.

- 01:30 from Portsmouth Harbour to Fishbourne

- 02:10 walk one mile back to house

- 02:45 sleep!!!!

Yes I know they don't deserve it after the past couple of games. But SWFC is in my blood and always will be no matter how great or rubbish we are.

UTO, WTID

Compare this with the players.

Friday pm

Leisurely trip down on luxury coach

Check into swanky hotel, all expenses paid for

Saturday

Laze around in hotel, free food, travel to ground on luxury coach

throw it off for 90 minutes, look like you don't give a crap

Luxury coach travel back home

Sunday

Have the day off

Monday

Open massive pay packet

A few seasons ago I decided to travel to as many games as I could by bike (from SE London at the time). Cycled to grounds like Bristol. Wolves, Albion. The one to Bristol I seem to recall was a killer over 2 days, first day SE London to the Cotswolds, second day Cotswolds to Bristol - lost 2-1. Was going to cycle back in one day but a dozen strong pints of real ale on the saturday meant the train back was the only way forwards on Sunday.

Fair play to the OP - good luck (BTW looks like some good drinking time in Pompey there!)

Great effort.On a general note there must be in my opinion 7-8,000 season ticket holders who have put up with the last decade off utter dross some off those will have endured the 70's as well some travel everywhere and credit is due but at what point does it get to the stage where you have to say enough is enough yes we are all Wednesday fans and to some missing a home game or others missing at all is'nt on the agenda but with everyone there must be a breaking point and for a fair few after yet another terrible week that point must be getting nearer.The club lurches from crisis to crisis with not even a cat in hells chance off draging itself off the floor and all the time us the loyal fans put up with it we continue to be taken for idiots because we keep turning up in numbers keeping signing even if it is s##t but for what yet another kick in the bo##ocks,Yesterday was yet another low point performance wise it was'nt any worse than Brentford but what we needed to see was a response what we got was something far removed from that just another normal saturday at Hillsborough where for 10-15 minutes we looked fairly useful but after that it turned into yet another wasted afternoon.Maybe what I am trying to say is what is your breaking point or if you have already reached it and don't attend as otften now what tipped you over the edge because after sitting through that again yesterday and watchng my 5 year old son have to put his hands over his eyes every time they went near goal im not sure how much longer I can put him or myself through the torture off watching this once GREAT football cub fall into total oblivion I said it to a few peeople in the lead up to the Palace game that it was the biggest in our history and I will stand by that ,the 2nd of May 2010 was a defining game in the clubs histrory sadly it went against us and possibly condemed us to being a lower league come championship club for good.

My breaking point was the legal action vs Nigel Short - I did not attend a home match from when I found out about this until the time it was announced that it would be dropped. I made one exception to this which was the home match vs Norwich at the end of the season (4-1 win). As bad as things are now, this I believe was our lowest point as a club.

We are down Friday morning to Newquay (set off 7am ish) for a big wee wee up.

Match Saturday with a more than likely wee wee up. Only downside we have is train back from Plymouth is 5-25, gunna be a tight one if we make it back in time from match. lol

Return Sunday.

This sounds very much like my plan, as its my birthday Saturday too.

Make sure you go in Central in Newquay, and the fort, infact just go in all of the boozers, saves hassle!

Top work from the OP too.

Fair play to you mate. I think there's a fine line between deication and madness and you're on the border.

I think your madness comes from wanting to spend the night in the Isle of poo !

I had a similar routine last season because I couldn't get days off work to go to Newcastle, so I had to shift my hours. Turned out I had done a 27 hours 45 minute day and still had to get up for work that day.

Nightmare.

Plymouth to Portsmouth via Bristol :blink:

That's what I thought! Ryde is 100 miles closer to Plymouth than Sheffield is, but looking at the timings it seems that fans from Sheffield will get back long before the OP does.

Either driving from IOW, or even hiring a car (maybe from Portsmouth to save on ferry fees) must be way quicker and cheaper? Unless the OP is a non-driver of course - or likes to get pissed, which helps a lot when watching Wednesday :biggrin:

That's what I thought! Ryde is 100 miles closer to Plymouth than Sheffield is, but looking at the timings it seems that fans from Sheffield will get back long before the OP does.

Either driving from IOW, or even hiring a car (maybe from Portsmouth to save on ferry fees) must be way quicker and cheaper? Unless the OP is a non-driver of course - or likes to get pissed, which helps a lot when watching Wednesday :biggrin:

How do you work that one out then? Ryde is on the Isle of poo , so it's nowhere near Plymouth.

I've done the train journey to Plymouth for many years during my time in the navy and you have to go towards somerset to get to back down to Plymouth. Quickest way at one point was via Reading. Seemed odd at the time, but it's quicker that way.

How do you work that one out then? Ryde is on the Isle of poo , so it's nowhere near Plymouth.

I've done the train journey to Plymouth for many years during my time in the navy and you have to go towards somerset to get to back down to Plymouth. Quickest way at one point was via Reading. Seemed odd at the time, but it's quicker that way.

I said it's 100 miles closer to Plymouth than Sheffield is - not that it's near Plymouth

On Saturday I will be undergoing a very, very long day to see the lads at Plymouth.

On Friday we are going to the Isle of Wight to stay with my wifes parents. So on the Saturday I am getting a day release :biggrin:

To save people getting up at the crack of dawn to take me to ferry terminal here is what I am going to be doing.

- 4:15 walk 4 miles to ferry terminal at Ryde to catch the fastcat to Portsmouth Harbour

return

Yes I know they don't deserve it after the past couple of games. But SWFC is in my blood and always will be no matter how great or rubbish we are.

UTO, WTID

return

UTO, WTID

Do it all the time mate....I will be flying over from the Isles of Scilly on Friday, Staying in Penzance on Friday night, making my way to Plymouth on Saturday morning, back to Penzance on Saturday night (after a 3-0 Wednesday win) spending all Sunday and Sunday night in Penzance as there is no transport back to the Islands no a Sunday, and fly back to Scilly on Monday morning. I do that home and away.....been doing it for 30 years. Plymouth is a short one for me...and now I can enjoy quick trips to Yeovil and Exeter....oh the excitement

This sounds very much like my plan, as its my birthday Saturday too.

Make sure you go in Central in Newquay, and the fort, infact just go in all of the boozers, saves hassle!

Top work from the OP too.

Definately will do mate.

Central will be a deffo, we frequent Newquay quite a lot as have friends who own a hotel there. Where you staying?

Look out for us, it will be 4 lads and a lass (my missus the designated driver) lol