Tudgay is not a forward

i always cringed when laws put tudgay on the wing, thinking we needed him in the middle...but over a period of time i saw him put in quite a few creditable performances and score a few goals too...the trouble with tudgay is he's a quality footballer who looks on ability like he's one of your best...so you have to have him in your side...but where do you play him...for two weeks he did this flick on to the forwards job...but now he's marked or double marked and getting murdered...this is down to the style of play, or system if you want to call it that...the time has come for irvine to adapt, if you're gonna hump the f*cker you need a big guy up front and fast ones off him...if you're gonna play with the staff we have then tudgay into midfield (proberbly right side) and two full forwards on and some movement from them (especially front post area when any type of cross is coming in)...oh and by the way we might need to nip down the road to the local junior school for some ideas on taking free kicks outside your opponents area so as not to keep clipping it into the keepers arms at chest height...

Guest jt3rifles

how can you say tudgay is a forward when he cant score for toffee, Tudgays first touch is outrageous i cant remember the last header on target he did from that fifty pence head of his

Guest jt3rifles

Thought it was just my dad and me convinced that Tudgay shouldn't be playing up front. Would be great too see him playing down the right.

be great to see him on the bench just to prove to himself he aint the best we have got

Marcus Tudgay is not a forward. His best season for us was two seasons back when he 'filled in' on the wing. When he plays as a winger or right/left sided midfielder then he can contibute more to the game as he gets more involved. Playing as a winger also allows him to make late runs into the box or attack the back post. Playing in this position also allows the team to use him as an outlet given the fact that his aerial ability allows him to dominate the full back he plays against.

I used to complain constantly about Tudgay playing out of position that season but I now believe I was wrong to do so because I now believe that winger or outside midfielder is his position.

I truly believe that moving Tudgay back onto the wing will allow him to contribute more to the team.

Yep. I've thought this for a long time also.