Tudgay is not a forward

Marcus Tudgay is not a forward. His best season for us was two seasons back when he 'filled in' on the wing. When he plays as a winger or right/left sided midfielder then he can contibute more to the game as he gets more involved. Playing as a winger also allows him to make late runs into the box or attack the back post. Playing in this position also allows the team to use him as an outlet given the fact that his aerial ability allows him to dominate the full back he plays against.

I used to complain constantly about Tudgay playing out of position that season but I now believe I was wrong to do so because I now believe that winger or outside midfielder is his position.

I truly believe that moving Tudgay back onto the wing will allow him to contribute more to the team.

Marcus Tudgay is not a forward. His best season for us was two seasons back when he 'filled in' on the wing. When he plays as a winger or right/left sided midfielder then he can contibute more to the game as he gets more involved. Playing as a winger also allows him to make late runs into the box or attack the back post. Playing in this position also allows the team to use him as an outlet given the fact that his aerial ability allows him to dominate the full back he plays against.

I used to complain constantly about Tudgay playing out of position that season but I now believe I was wrong to do so because I now believe that winger or outside midfielder is his position.

I truly believe that moving Tudgay back onto the wing will allow him to contribute more to the team.

AGREE!

Spot on, for a centre forward hes never going to score enough goals as he can go through consecutive games without actually having a shot. When he started playing out wide a few years ago seemed to be when everyone realised that he was decveptively good in the air. For some reason the managers then thought that ment he was actually good in the air and the last couple of season we've sent every long ball and long throw to his head other teams work this out put there biggest centre half on him and he doesnt win much.

Out wide suits his attributes better he works hard we can aim long balls to him which he'll win everytime against 99% of full backs hes also good at arriving late in the box as long as we have someone whos not tommy spurr providing the crosses from the left.

tudgay had his best season when he played up front with burton ,they linked up very well ,but bl knackered his game up by puttin him persistently game after game on right wing ,and so when irvine came in he kept him doin the same so gradually he's become a right winger which does'nt suit him :mad:

Guest Sheridans PIng

I agree. I was thinking after yesterdays game the same thing. He is too good of a player to leave out, but he is simply not effective enough to play up front. I was thinking of playing him in the hole, a la Coke for last 20 minutes, but then I think we'd lose his aerial ability. He may be better in a wide position because his touch and awareness could be utilised more effectively.

If we are playing the long ball we need Mellor up front to hold the ball up better and someone quick in behind such as Heffernan. Morrison would have to be a super sub at this stage.

Guest totemowl

Tudgay is neither a striker or a centre forward, but he is a forward rather than a midfielder. It's also clear - given his current contributions - that he belongs in the centre of the park rather than on the wings.