Do Wednesday fans even care?

I love this club as much as the next man, but at the rusk of getting my head taken clean off my shoulders, how does a load of angry folk shouting help?

Will it

(a) get three old duffers to walk away without the money they have invested in the club? I'd just stop going to the games if I were them. Protest every week if you want, but why would they leave without any money?

(b) help to show potential investors that our fans are a really supportive bunch?

© magic away the debt

(d) make the players better or try harder

(e) make us all wake up from this 15 yr nightmare to find that in reality we beat Arsenal in both finals and went on to cement our position as one of the big 4 to this day.

It's not about apathy folks, it's about a feeling of powerlessnes. Captured animals tend to fight against being caged until they realise there's **** all they can do about it, no matter how loud they bark/roar/etc. Most of our fanbase is now at that point. It's not that they don't want to get out of the cage, they just don't see a way out.

Sorry if most of this has said already but..........................

turned up at the protest and then arranged for leaflets to be handed out to everyone going into the Travellers. Most people read them but the majority had no idea that our great club was in trouble!!!!!

Comments ranged from "what exactly has happened this week" to "the board are doing ok aren't they"

When the feeble "sack the board" chant started on the Kop, the guy sat next to me who has had a season ticket since the Kop went all seater asked "whats all that about then"

It just defies belief.

I know we've had the stuffing knocked out of us over the past twelfty years, but for gods sake, can people wake up FFS

You can see it now Wednesday go BUST and the following Saturday the masses turn up for the scheduled Home Match and find the gates/turnstiles SHUT. The masses are hanging around the ground wondering why Hillsborough's shut. An Old Man walks past and say's there is no match today to which one of the most intelligent of the masses turns round and say "it hasn't been raining heaviliy, so the pitch can't be flooded, Why's the Game OFF? The Old Man replies "SWFC is no more FINISHED, KAPUT, GONE! To which the Intelligent one say's "Gone, How can we be Gone, we have the BEST BUSINESSMEN in the WORLD running our club" and that in a nutshell is why we stand a very remote chance of getting out of this situation because a vast proportion of our Fan Base is made up of CLUELESS TO$$ERS!

Guest totemowl

3) The aims/objectives and how protesting will achieve them.

These 3 objectives are along the right lines, but if you really want to reach out you need to back it up with evidence, of which there's plenty on the net, identify the alternatives, including WTID, Wednesdaytite, Spencer Fearn, etc and avoid the rhetoric of Owlstalk and the fragmentation of the message that is currently taking place across all media.

IMO a fanzine is needed, not a leaflet, this could be sold around the ground and in shops.

It has to convince people that change can make a difference and that this is not simply a protest movement, which imo it is.

Guest oliver666

About twenty people turned up for the 'protest', Rumbleows was working his testicles off to get people to help and hand out fliers. About ten did, and i personally got one scrunched up and thrown in my face, and one bloke asked why we were having a go at the board seeing as though they'd just got us out of administration. Defies belief. A few murmurs of Sack the Board and everyone goes to the pub. The apathy as breathtaking. If this club dies, it will be with a whimper

In general I think they do care but haven't got a clue what to do about the situation, or more the point, where the blame lies in this debacle. Only a very few percentage of fans read or part of this site so therefor, the actions of some(protest) would have been aware of it. I wish I had the answers but at present, without sounding a defeatist, no one has which will make change for the better iminent.

I was sat halfway down the kop and everytime i heard the "sack the board" chant i joined in, only to get looked at like i was a hooligan, and nobody around me joined in. Wednesday fans dont give a poo , so if protesting isnt going to happen i have decided i shall vote with my feet and not attend ANY home games anymore until the board are gone!! Me and 5 others have decided not to attend anymore and im sure there are plenty more out there, id rather the club go into admin and get new owners than carry on like this.

Id like to say "all of us" but i guess il have to say "most of us" have had enough, the others just dont give 2 sh1ts, enjoy your poo football until admin arrives

SACK THE BOARD!!!

Guest jt3rifles

the problem is no amount of singing board out or sack the board will budge them you are wasting your time, all it needs is a big fat wallet but neither me or you have it or we would of gone in ages ago, plus no one wants to touch this sinking ship when they would get it for nothing if its in administration

the problem is no amount of singing board out or sack the board will budge them you are wasting your time, all it needs is a big fat wallet but neither me or you have it or we would of gone in ages ago, plus no one wants to touch this sinking ship when they would get it for nothing if its in administration

Well I know its stating the obvious but yes what would work is for a significant number of people not to attend the games. The most effective protest there is. By attending people simply keep the current board in place.

Guest gringo69

You can see it now Wednesday go BUST and the following Saturday the masses turn up for the scheduled Home Match and find the gates/turnstiles SHUT. The masses are hanging around the ground wondering why Hillsborough's shut. An Old Man walks past and say's there is no match today to which one of the most intelligent of the masses turns round and say "it hasn't been raining heaviliy, so the pitch can't be flooded, Why's the Game OFF? The Old Man replies "SWFC is no more FINISHED, KAPUT, GONE! To which the Intelligent one say's "Gone, How can we be Gone, we have the BEST BUSINESSMEN in the WORLD running our club" and that in a nutshell is why we stand a very remote chance of getting out of this situation because a vast proportion of our Fan Base is made up of CLUELESS TO$$ERS!

I had that very same thought myself yesterday, we even managed 2 front pages of The Star last week and still the penny hasn't dropped.

Did he also say "The world is flat and the if you go beyond Barnsley there's a chance you may fall off it."

The Wednesday fans who do not care are not there anymore....course you fvckin' care if you trip to Hillsborough to watch Carlisle, Dagenham and bloody Redbridge etal...There are thousands who cannot be bothered, maybe they still care but have been fvcked over so many times the will to traipse down to the place has gone.

This, in my opinion says more than any protest will, but the board do not see it that way, they see another 20'000 gate at Hillsborough and seemingly assume that everthing in the garden is rosy.

That is what we as fans who still go have to put up with.

It staggers me that your average Wednesday fan can see that its going t*ts up but the custodians of this shambles cannot.

I do not give a flying **** how much money they have invested, they have bllxed it up and deserve to lose it.

I don't get my investment over the years back, after being promised "Premiership return tickets" and "Europe in 5 years" do I?... I do not expect it....the directors of this sh*theap have messed up time and time again, they deserve as much as i do...nowt...

As a fan i'm entitled to nothing, and funnily enough thats the only thing the present incumbents have fookin' delivered on.

In adversity Owls fans have always turned up....they make the bloody effort, if Wednesday had gone into admin this week it would have put 10'000 on the gate, but this slow lingering death has no immediacy, no urgency.

The board is wallowing' , directionless, the team is distracted, its bound to affect them, it affects the crowd, it affects all of us, except, apparently the only fvckers who should be doing something about it.

The board of Sheffield Wednesday urgently need to give some sort of direction to this seemingly rudderless ship, if they cannot , they need to leave the bloody bridge...and finally admit its too much for them, i'm sure none of them will be beggared by the losses, and if they are Wednesday fans they need to take the blow on the chin, like every flipping one of us does every bloody season

Been going to Hillsborough for over 50 years and

this is about as bad as it gets.

Would any other supporters of a club as big as

ours allow this to happen.

Were to blame nobody else.

I agree with you regarding the fact that the fans have got to take there share of the blame, the problem is the fans that make the noise in the ground before and during the game dont get n to the gound until 3:05 and are heading towards the bar at 3:30 and leave early so any protests fall flat because there is no numbers to support it. Also if you've been watching for 50 years yu should realise we are not a big club

Guest SPRINGS!

About twenty people turned up for the 'protest', Rumbleows was working his testicles off to get people to help and hand out fliers. About ten did, and i personally got one scrunched up and thrown in my face, and one bloke asked why we were having a go at the board seeing as though they'd just got us out of administration. Defies belief. A few murmurs of Sack the Board and everyone goes to the pub. The apathy as breathtaking. If this club dies, it will be with a whimper

Apathy?

Maybe the world does not resolve around Owlstalk?

If your an example of people that organise a protest, i want no part of it as your a first rate c.unt

Direct action is the only way!