Do Wednesday fans even care?

My pal who I go to games with used to be a fan that didn't give a poo about the boardroom and the politics.

But seeing as the club now owe his family business over £2000 in unpaid bills, he isn't too happy.

I wonder if there are any others in this sort of situation.

Word of mouth is key to getting the message across about the situation this club is in, and of those responsible for getting us in this mess.

Didn't you ever discuss why we are now in League 1, being treated like mugs, and been watching poo poo football for years? Linking it to the spiralling debt and poor leadership in the boardroom, servicing the debt instead of on decent players and facilities for the fans?

Did he just accept it.

Where I sit in the Northstand is never very vocal anyway it will take a lot of encouragement to get people around me to chant sack the board. Some people are genuinely at a football to watch a game of football.

I fully support and admire what R91 and the rest are doing but there are lot of people on here calling the people who they want them to help their cause idiots, uneducated and thick.

Maybe now is the time instead of different sectors of fans berating each other and start to use the time from now to the next home game or disaster whichever happens first to educate the average fan who go to the football to watch football and not to treat it as if its something you see on BBC2 in the houses of parliament.

Explain why there must be change, show them your argument what you intend to achieve. Show people evidence where protest in football have been successful. The main thing is start from scratch and make it simple not patronising. That is one of the reasons why people wont always come on to this forum as they get tore apart for either not being in the know or know too much so must have an agenda.

Its already been mentioned before but you need a charismatic spokesman ( I haven’t met R91 no offence intended I'm sure your a great bloke :biggrin: ) someone who the average fan will listen to, I think once that person who ever it may be. Someone mention Tango love or hate the man he is the average fan and has enough influence throughout the fan base without the political connections.

Well that's my thoughts, keep up the good work R91 and team persistence is the key.

UTO

Where I sit in the Northstand is never very vocal anyway it will take a lot of encouragement to get people around me to chant sack the board. Some people are genuinely at a football to watch a game of football.

I fully support and admire what R91 and the rest are doing but there are lot of people on here calling the people who they want them to help their cause idiots, uneducated and thick.

Maybe now is the time instead of different sectors of fans berating each other and start to use the time from now to the next home game or disaster whichever happens first to educate the average fan who go to the football to watch football and not to treat it as if its something you see on BBC2 in the houses of parliament.

Explain why there must be change, show them your argument what you intend to achieve. Show people evidence where protest in football have been successful. The main thing is start from scratch and make it simple not patronising. That is one of the reasons why people wont always come on to this forum as they get tore apart for either not being in the know or know too much so must have an agenda.

Its already been mentioned before but you need a charismatic spokesman ( I haven't met R91 no offence intended I'm sure your a great bloke :biggrin: ) someone who the average fan will listen to, I think once that person who ever it may be. Someone mention Tango love or hate the man he is the average fan and has enough influence throughout the fan base without the political connections.

Well that's my thoughts, keep up the good work R91 and team persistence is the key.

UTO

Surely the fact that SWFC may be no more, doesn't need explaining! They watch the crap football, can't they put 2 and 2 together and think. Mmm why have we gone from signing England internationals and playing in the top flight to losing to Carlisle in Division 3.

Is it that difficult to understand.

Why oh why do people not see that they need to shout from from the roof tops that this club is rotten from the boardroom "well not down, just the boardroom" HW excempt.

I'm losing the will to live with this country never mind the club. The French go out on strike at pension age being raised to 62!!! We just assume the position to be r*****d and smile while its happening.

FFS wake up

Yes, the French had a revolution I guess! My Fenerbache supporting turkish cousin is even more shocked at our tolerance and lack of voice than even we are!!!!

Surely the fact that SWFC may be no more, doesn't need explaining! They watch the crap football, can't they put 2 and 2 together and think. Mmm why have we gone from signing England internationals and playing in the top flight to losing to Carlisle in Division 3.

Is it that difficult to understand.

Thats the attitude that will get someone to agree with you.

I agree something should be done. Football fans are fickle and need encouragement, 2 weeks ago we were top of the league and only conceeded one goal. You will not convince the average fan that things need to change at that time.

Plus all the average fan now is that wednesday were in trouble but are safe now because the papers have told them. All they had to go on before that was what LS told them and he said last year admin was not an option and unlikely to happen.

Edited by tomassOwl84

To be honest, went pretty much as expected today from the sound of things (result apart, I thought we might show a bit of backbone today and get a win!) and I suspect Rumbelows probably feels the same. This is not going to be a simple job, it is going to be a long haul. The important thing is we made a start and full credit to all of you who took part today, I just wish I could have been there.

I agree with an earlier comment that maybe we should get Wednesdayite involved in this, but have no idea who on this site is:

a) Wednesdayite, and

b) in favour of getting rid of the 3 stooges.

I would actually go even further, in the longer term I would like to see the club owned by the fans in some sort of Supporters Trust or membership arrangement along similar lines to those in Spain and Germany.

I for one have just joined Wednesdayite, not because I agree with everything they do (to be fair I know too little about them at this stage) but because it is an organisation where (regardless of views) people are passionate about Wednesday and seem to want to change things for the better, they are als known and have a voice. Maybe it's time for all of us to get more heavily involved and push hard for change. If we all joined Wednesdayite, it could just become that sort of organisation, various Wednesdayite members have said repeatedly that the organisation is what it's members make it, so if we want it to have more teeth and be more pro-active, sign up and start pushing things that way.

In the meantime, let's start planning for how we protest at the next match, and the one after, and the one after that etc.

Didn't you ever discuss why we are now in League 1, being treated like mugs, and been watching poo poo football for years? Linking it to the spiralling debt and poor leadership in the boardroom, servicing the debt instead of on decent players and facilities for the fans?

Did he just accept it.

Not really cos it just bores him! He's interested now it's affecting him beyond the poo on the pitch though :dry:

Thats the attitude that will get someone to agree with you.

I agree something should be done. Football fans are fickle and need encouragement, 2 weeks ago we were top of the league and only conceeded one goal. You will not convince the average fan that things need to change at that time.

Plus all the average fan now is that wednesday were in trouble but are safe now because the papers have told them. All they had to go on before that was what LS told them and he said last year admin was not an option and unlikely to happen.

The average fan seems to understand at other clubs. Liverpool and Man Utd had demonstrations. I remember Man City fans kicking off a few years ago. Maybe it's just our fans.

All of the clubs I've mentioned above, are/were nowhere near the situation we find ourselves in.

We might have to disagree on this mate, I don't think most fans can be that gullible or oblivious to what's going on.

Rogers you are right about our fans myu point is having a go them isnt really going to get them on side.

It isnt just the rubbish that is going on behind closed doors at the club that confuse me about fellow Owls the other thing is when we are at home 1-0 down in the 80th min people start to leave and not just one or 2 but in their hundreds. I ve been to plenty of away games and see teams get back into games in the last 10 min admittedly less so in wednesdays favour unfortunately but the thing is there was 10 min left and no body seemed to be bothered to stay as if they accepted defeat in the same way they accept how the club is run.

It does seem that it will be more of a fight to get them envolved like you say and most agree other clubs would not put up with the dross we have for so long.

Rogers you are right about our fans myu point is having a go them isnt really going to get them on side.

It isnt just the rubbish that is going on behind closed doors at the club that confuse me about fellow Owls the other thing is when we are at home 1-0 down in the 80th min people start to leave and not just one or 2 but in their hundreds. I ve been to plenty of away games and see teams get back into games in the last 10 min admittedly less so in wednesdays favour unfortunately but the thing is there was 10 min left and no body seemed to be bothered to stay as if they accepted defeat in the same way they accept how the club is run.

It does seem that it will be more of a fight to get them envolved like you say and most agree other clubs would not put up with the dross we have for so long.

I know what you mean. But I think the performance on the pitch has killed alot of enthusiam for most. I'd say most fans go now, cos that's what they do. Not because it's entertaining and enjoyable. We've become conditioned to accepting dross - with the exception of a few.

Rome wasnt built in a day. Dont give up. Take this experience and reconsider.

The idea of meeting before a game was a non starter. People would rather be in the pub.

All of the protests that you see on TV (by the likes of Everton, Leeds, Bradford, Villa, The Blunts etc) have happened after the game.

At least the message is starting to get out. The fans now have more time to organise something for the next home game.

This in bold, all fans are at the final whistle ( With the exception of a few early leavers ). so start the protest at 85 mins! for maximum effect ,98 mins too late, the bourbons will already be out!

I gave out a fair few fliers, spoke to some fans and only had one guy tell me I was a knob.

Still, I expected a bit more.

Nice to put some faces to names. Lost my voice during the game though - sat on kop and no fans had any heart, no singing, no atmosphere, no fight. I asked at one point what was up with everyone being quiet as church mice and some knob turned round as if to ask me to shut up. He didn't like me asking if he was there to support the team or not. No one around me got a sore throat like me. Speaks volumes - I don't think enough people care

Saddened me today.

Walking to the ground, during the game, walking away from the ground it felt as if we (the fans) were going through the motions. A slow death.

The usual remarks made about the board are heard. Even my cousin who I've spent years trying to educate just doesn't get it still.

Like i say very saddening and I feel helpless.

This, I cannot believe how much smaller a club it feels to me than 20 years ago. So , So, Sad. How has it come to this. Begging £1.1m from the bank and losing to Brenford and carlisle all within a week FFS.

Further to theowlsman's post, the next leaflets need to be two-fold :

1) Educate fans as to our perilous position and the stooges contribution to it

2) detail future protests

sound like a lot was learned today as to how to build this protest's momentum.

As per usual on this site, the original question is diluted or lost in the following posts. This site will never be a mouthpiece for true Wednesdayite opinion ever. Wednesdayites do care, but lack a leader or group leader as you would expect this forum should provide to take the club forward. The majority who disagree don't go to Hillsborough anymore the rest are without leadership or just weak generally. Mockery will follow just to prove the point. This club is totally fragmented with individuals only interested in themselves to be honest. Name anyone you know associated with Wednesday on this site or employed in any capacity by the club and you will arrive at the same conclusion.

Further to theowlsman's post, the next leaflets need to be two-fold :

1) Educate fans as to our perilous position and the stooges contribution to it

2) detail future protests

sound like a lot was learned today as to how to build this protest's momentum.

3) The aims/objectives and how protesting will achieve them.

I've been on nights this weekend but got up early to make it for the protest, me and my son arrived around 1.05 and stayed until the Carlisle coach arrived at around 1.30. I was very disappointed but not surprised by the turn-out, I think a lot of Wednesdayites have had enough.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

To be honest the quickest way to change things is to stay away. Unpalatable as it sounds, we pick a match and stay away effectively go on strike. Given the clubs financial plight, this type of action will not only panic them but will lead to pressure from the bank. Even the most apathetic supporter should be able to manage this form of protest.

Its effectively what is going to happen anyway so its just a case of speeding the process up.