Home Form

Guest millhouse

Guest millhouse

Well its not been the greatest last 6 days for us on or off the field. Firstly the away defeat to Brentford then, as reports suggest, being saved from a 10 point penalty and the prospect of admin by a 11th hour deal with the bank.

The away defeat was a surprise, and I don't like to see Wednesday losing, especially on Sky, but it was probably a defeat the players and the fans might have needed to show everyone this league isn't going to be a walkover. I for one was looking forward to enjoying a 4 point lead at the summit of the table. But we are always going to drop points away from home, its the home form that will be crucial to our final league position (as long as off the field matters don't come into play). Many players have said it in the past but if we can turn Hillsborough into 'a fortress' like it was a few seasons ago in the Championship when we conceded very few goals at home we should be there or thereabouts for a top 2 finish, in my opinion.

Picking 75% of points available to us at home will give us around 50-52 points leaving us needed to pick up results where we can on some very long away trips.

Anyway a nice 2-0 win tomorrow keeping our home form in good order (even with a MOTM curse lurking)......UTO

We need to be similar at home this year to how we were two seasons ago, win a lot and concede very few goals.

Goes without saying you make your home ground a fortress and pick up a decent amount of points on the road and you wont be far off at the end of the season.

C'mon Wednesday!!!