Sid ........ The Light Grows Closer

This is absoloutely fabulous news. A move from ICU to high dependancy is a massive leap forward. No one should be too despondent by Sids confusion, remember he has been sedated and in a partial comatose state for more than a week...Think on how we all feel after just one nights sleep and we're then woken. The mere fact that Sid is so soon fighting his chest pads is brilliant, he recognises his discomfort. He is responding to his propper name (Sid) .

The update you gave is so encouraging, Yeah you point out he is still quite poorly but I think more positive news is not too far away from the rapid progress made over the last couple of days.

Also good to see that the "paypal" thing is off to a good start b ut do remember Sid has been in Hospital 12 days, the average cost of B & B is about £45 pn and travel aint cheap these days ...

Please visit the thread and donate....Updates on finance are being given regularly.

COME ON SID UTO !

This is absoloutely fabulous news. A move from ICU to high dependancy is a massive leap forward. No one should be too despondent by Sids confusion, remember he has been sedated and in a partial comatose state for more than a week...Think on how we all feel after just one nights sleep and we're then woken. The mere fact that Sid is so soon fighting his chest pads is brilliant, he recognises his discomfort. He is responding to his propper name (Sid) .

The update you gave is so encouraging, Yeah you point out he is still quite poorly but I think more positive news is not too far away from the rapid progress made over the last couple of days.

Also good to see that the "paypal" thing is off to a good start b ut do remember Sid has been in Hospital 12 days, the average cost of B & B is about £45 pn and travel aint cheap these days ...

Please visit the thread and donate....Updates on finance are being given regularly.

COME ON SID UTO !

^^^^^^^^ Everything Nev said ^^^^^^^^^

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

Hi all, no apologies for starting another thread whilst one is still running as I think as many people as possible need to be updated .......................

As of this afternoon Sid has been moved from ICU to a high dependancy ward which he will be on for approx a week, then hopefully a normal ward.

He is still very ill and extremely confused and doesn't recognize people, friends or family although he is now breathing independently.

Hopefully time, rest & care will improve this.

He hates the pads that are stuck to his chest and tries to remove them all the time.

The nurses have been calling him by his proper name, Kevin, with no response but he responded to "Sid" immediately so the nurses have altered all his paperwork and now everyone calls him "Sid"

He is still extremely poorly and is pitifull to see but the improvement he has made in the last 48 hours is nothing short of miraculous.

It's going to be a long, long road but given time, patience and luck the prodigal may yet return.

Get well mate,

Just get well

Thanks for this update, I too wish "Sid" well ASAP pass on to him my best wishes for a full recovery.

John.

Guest greenways

Thanks for this update, I too wish "Sid" well ASAP pass on to him my best wishes for a full recovery.

John. Come on Sid Thailand is calling,not too long before Maccas stag do.Im sure you wont dissapoint!!!

Guest greenways

Does Sid knock about, or used to knock about with a lass called Jane from Chapeltown? Just seen his pic on The Star website and I think I know him. Yes thats him.Come on Sid Thailand is calling,wont be long till Maccas stag do,sure you wont dissapoint