Sid ........ The Light Grows Closer

Hi all, no apologies for starting another thread whilst one is still running as I think as many people as possible need to be updated .......................

As of this afternoon Sid has been moved from ICU to a high dependancy ward which he will be on for approx a week, then hopefully a normal ward.

He is still very ill and extremely confused and doesn't recognize people, friends or family although he is now breathing independently.

Hopefully time, rest & care will improve this.

He hates the pads that are stuck to his chest and tries to remove them all the time.

The nurses have been calling him by his proper name, Kevin, with no response but he responded to "Sid" immediately so the nurses have altered all his paperwork and now everyone calls him "Sid"

He is still extremely poorly and is pitifull to see but the improvement he has made in the last 48 hours is nothing short of miraculous.

It's going to be a long, long road but given time, patience and luck the prodigal may yet return.

Get well mate,

Just get well

Guest JonTheOwl66

Hi all, no apologies for starting another thread whilst one is still running as I think as many people as possible need to be updated .......................

As of this afternoon Sid has been moved from ICU to a high dependancy ward which he will be on for approx a week, then hopefully a normal ward.

He is still very ill and extremely confused and doesn't recognize people, friends or family although he is now breathing independently.

Hopefully time, rest & care will improve this.

He hates the pads that are stuck to his chest and tries to remove them all the time.

The nurses have been calling him by his proper name, Kevin, with no response but he responded to "Sid" immediately so the nurses have altered all his paperwork and now everyone calls him "Sid"

He is still extremely poorly and is pitifull to see but the improvement he has made in the last 48 hours is nothing short of miraculous.

It's going to be a long, long road but given time, patience and luck the prodigal may yet return.

Get well mate,

Just get well

Hopefully he'll be back to his normal self before too long.

Then perhaps we can get the thugs that did this.

Good luck Sid, get well soon mate.

Thanks for the update, although I don't know Sid, I'd like to be kept informed of his progress. It just brings home to me how precious and fragile life can be, this attack could have happened to anyone, Sid was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. My best wishes go out to Sid, his family, his friends and everyone who is following his progress.

Hopefully the people who caused this will get what they deserve, the decent people of Hartlepool will suffer no reprisals when they visit Hillsborough, and Sid will make a full recovery.

All the best Sid, hang on in there.

UTO

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Thanks for the update, there isn't a day that goes past where I'm not desperate to hear about his progress.

Whilst it's promising news, we've got to keep hoping that he's as close to a 100% recovery in the end as possible.

I can't help but picture leaving the away end as a group so happy and returning home to my wife to share my day with her. It's so cruel that he can't be reminiscing like I am.

Keep fighting Sid.

Great news.

When he is a bit better perhaps someone can read some of the messages posted here. Particularly the ones from people he knows. I am sure he doesn't need to hear what I have to say. But then again if he knows the level of support there is from people who don't know him, that may be a boost to him too.

Clearly he needs some time first.

Edited by OxonOwl

Guest jt3rifles

just keep going sid, on your darkest days never give up the fight you have wednesdayites around the world backing you , get well soon mate