For all you patriots

Its a rubbish song anyway. Personally i would adopt England by the Angelic Upstarts. .

The red in the flag is the blood that was spilt

In the way that your forefathers tell

And never a country been so great

The stories Britannia coud tell

I never want to live my life

Away from the golden shores

There's never a country in the world

With the scent of an English rose

England, oh England, a country so great

The land of so fair and so true

There'll never be any colours like

The red, the white and the blue

Whenever you go to the far off shores

Ther's something that goes with you

The pride and the joy and the love that comes

From your mother of red, white and blue

You cold never be born under a flag that's like

The one of a Union Jack

St.George's spirit has never died

It all keeps coming back

England, oh England... (5x)

Now theres a national anthem for yers

There are only 2 colours in the English flag (Red and White) also the Union Jack is a mix of all british flags, therefore the song is poo poo (official)

So nobody spots the itorony in the 2 lines above then?

Think you are stretching things a bit there Scram. I know what you are getting at and in an ideal world everyone would love each other (Owls and Blunts included), but I would hope there's a million miles from the dislike of Londoners, Leeds or Blunts that lots of people have on here to.....

"Let's send those f******, dirty, stinking, Pakis home". That was the bile spouted to me by an English Defence League rumblewit handing out leaflets a couple of years ago.

To compare the two reduces the actions and threat of the EDL to the level of "just being playful" and that really isn't healthy.

Edited by Neal M

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

Think you are stretching things a bit there Scram. I know what you are getting at and in an ideal world everyone would love each other (Owls and Blunts included), but I would hope there's a million miles from the dislike of Londoners, Leeds or Blunts that lots of people have on here to.....

"Let's send those f******, dirty, stinking, Pakis home". That was the bile spouted to me by an English Defence League rumblewit handing out leaflets a couple of years ago.

To compare the two reduces the actions and threat of the EDL to the level of "just being playful" and that really isn't healthy.

Ah, so a bit of casual bigotry is okay as long as it says Londoners and not P*ki's?

Disliking millions of people on the basis of where they are from is what exactly?

Edited by scram

There are only 2 colours in the English flag (Red and White) also the Union Jack is a mix of all british flags, therefore the song is poo poo (official)

The song is a classic, from a much underrated band, you sir, are poo poo (official)

Ah, so a bit of casual bigotry is okay as long as it says Londoners and not P*ki's?

Disliking millions of people on the basis of where they are from is what exactly?

Yes, by definition it is a form of racism, it's not great, and from acorns, oak trees grow etc... But as an (exiled) Londoner I certainly don't feel threatened by Blue & White Rampage's comment and I don't think any Londoner I know would. We'd carry on drinking a shandy and laugh it off.

But as I say, to directly compare a dislike of Londoners (or Blades, which EVERYONE here is guilty of) to the violent and aggresive actions of the English Defence League is frankly dangerous - it reduces the threat of the EDL. Can you agree with that?

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

I hate it when England players dont even bother singing to the National Anthem.

Especially that thick w@nker Rooney who obviously doesnt even know the words.

The songs isn't inspiring in the slightest. In six verses the word God is used 10 times, and the world Lord 3 times.

Its more reminiscent of the holy war that was led against past colonies rather than having pride in the beauty of your own country and people.

Obviously if your an atheist as so many are, the whole thing will be a bit lost on you.

One wonders why they are "underrated".......maybe because they're poo poo (double official, therefore I win) :biggrin:

:cool: Have you heard said song? Or anything by the Upstarts?

P.S. am not happy with the decision that you win, REFEREEEEEEE!

Yes, by definition it is a form of racism, it's not great, and from acorns, oak trees grow etc... But as an (exiled) Londoner I certainly don't feel threatened by Blue & White Rampage's comment and I don't think any Londoner I know would. We'd carry on drinking a shandy and laugh it off.

But as I say, to directly compare a dislike of Londoners (or Blades, which EVERYONE here is guilty of) to the violent and aggresive actions of the English Defence League is frankly dangerous - it reduces the threat of the EDL. Can you agree with that?

I didn't compare anything to the actions of anybody

I compared a dislike of people because of where they are from with the dislike of somebody because of where they are from

It's not about who feels threatened - it's about the rights and wrongs - i know many Asian people laugh at rumblewits like the BNP and EDL etc - but it doesn't make the existance or raison d'etre of those groups any more acceptable

Forget Blades - that's a pure football rivalry thing - but why the dislike of millions of people because of where they come from?

All this poo poo just fuels the same fires

Its more reminiscent of the holy war that was led against past colonies rather than having pride in the beauty of your own country and people.

Absolutely right

Why is our national anthem dedicated to the preserveance of one person - and nothing about the land or the people of that country?

It's also my reservation about Jerusalem - because again it's echoes of Holy Wars and winning "God's fight" - against peoples and religions who are now intertwined with England - and many of whom are English

So maybe it's non-starter too

I'm from Yorkshire flip this codswallop. To call me sen english would be to call mesen kin to the f-in Londoners.

This reads like the same crap the english defence league are peddlin.

So nobody spots the itorony in the 2 lines above then?

It was somewhat jokily written. But what I meant was more that the english defence league attempt to draw people in with this "C'mon lads altogether, we're all England arent we" and then with that some people push their political agendas through with a more than willing mob of patriots, weeing up the walls, throwing bottles and nazi salutes.