Wilko

Boring fact. I used to deliver his newspaper. He was a miserable sod. Also delivered chapmans, sheltons and marwood when they all lived at high green. Marwood always had time for a chat.

What is interesting is we have a football chairman. Someone Irvine can ask honestly what he thinks about the footy and gets a proper technical answer.

Boring fact. I used to deliver his newspaper. He was a miserable sod. Also delivered chapmans, sheltons and marwood when they all lived at high green. Marwood always had time for a chat.

What is interesting is we have a football chairman. Someone Irvine can ask honestly what he thinks about the footy and gets a proper technical answer.

Agree entirely, whatever happens with future takeovers, investment et al I sincerely hope they leave Howard as chairman cos' right now this arrangement is working wonders.

How come people aren't asking why Wilko has "put any of his own money in".

It was a regular cry from people when LS and DA were chairman?

I don't understand what the difference is. Why are all the people who were saying this previously not doing so now?

Anyway, keep up the good work Howard, let's hope he stays around the club for a while and the 3 stooges don't force him out any time soon!

I am happy that HW is our Chairman. He seems to be quietly getting on with things. The real dillema for him will be if results take a turn for the worse for AI and we come to a point where the board may put pressure on HW to relieve AI of his duties. As Chaiman of the LMA, I am guessing that HW will not relieve a manager of his duties as this would be a 'poacher turned gamekeeper' situation for him and political suicide. If this 'sacking' situation did arise and HW did refuse then it may be to the detriment of the club but on the flip side, it may be to the benefit as we ought to know by now that high turnover of managers is one of the ingredients that has taken us from the Premier League and twice into League 1 in the last decade.

I would appeal any investors that (probably won't ever) invest into Wednesday to retain HW as Chairman of our beautiful club, however, I fear we would get a hard-nosed accountant/businessman.

Keep up the good work Howard and thankyou.

Howard Wilkinson - player, manager, chairman. One of a few true Wednesday legends.

Edited by shandypants

I am happy that HW is our Chairman. He seems to be quietly getting on with things. The real dillema for him will be if results take a turn for the worse for AI and we come to a point where the board may put pressure on HW to relieve AI of his duties. As Chaiman of the LMA, I am guessing that HW will not relieve a manager of his duties as this would be a 'poacher turned gamekeeper' situation for him and political suicide. If this 'sacking' situation did arise and HW did refuse then it may be to the detriment of the club but on the flip side, it may be to the benefit as we ought to know by now that high turnover of managers is one of the ingredients that has taken us from the Premier League and twice into League 1 in the last decade.

I would appeal any investors that (probably won't ever) invest into Wednesday to retain HW as Chairman of our beautiful club, however, I fear we would get a hard-nosed accountant/businessman.

Keep up the good work Howard and thankyou.

Howard Wilkinson - player, manager, chairman. One of a few true Wednesday legends.

this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

How come people aren't asking why Wilko has "put any of his own money in".

It was a regular cry from people when LS and DA were chairman?

I don't understand what the difference is. Why are all the people who were saying this previously not doing so now?

Anyway, keep up the good work Howard, let's hope he stays around the club for a while and the 3 stooges don't force him out any time soon!

Because he is just 'Getting on with the job'

quietly, unfussily, and i don't think i've heard one single interview with him.

The other major fact is his depth of footballing knowledge.

That reason and that reason alone is enought for a chairmans job at a football club.

Everyone can see what he brings to the role with that respect.

He Left for Leeds !

End of!

Pfffft. **** all that.

He went to Leeds.

He's a C V N T!

The above two posts are quite silly. As a club we have precious few assets. One asset we do have is a man who has has managed at the very highest level (england, albeit one game ) and has contacts throughout the very highest levels of the FA.

He delivered promotion ( With thanks also to big Jack ) and then a top 6 place to us and then delivered the league title to a club who he took from the 2nd division as champions 2 years before ( Sadly it was the the wrong club ).

The most interesting personality in the world he is not. But Howard Wilkinson should be involved at S6 for as long as he is able. If/when we get a change of ownership and a new chairman Howard in my opinion should be made director of football with immediate effect. To lose that amount of experience and class would be truly criminal.

Edited by Geedee

Because he is just 'Getting on with the job'

quietly, unfussily, and i don't think i've heard one single interview with him.

The other major fact is his depth of footballing knowledge.

That reason and that reason alone is enought for a

chairmans job at a football club.

Everyone can see what he brings to the role with that respect.

I'm not doubting any of the above, I'm just curious to why the people who were shouting for LS and DA to put there own money in, invest in the club etc aren't doing the same now.

What's the difference? Because wilko is a football man, and has a great history in the game means that the people shouting previously that the chairman should put money into the club have gone quiet? I'd be interested to know what peoples views are and why the change of heart.