We're Still Top Of The League

nailed on win for Brentford

We've had nothing but crap and disappointment for years.

I dont know about you, but im going to enjoy the first bit of optimism we have had and make the most of it. and long may it continue. Lighten up!!

wednesday to win by two or more.

Guest Darkus Owlus

Timely sacking of Pardew has helped us enormously I don't think the Saints will recover fully from the setback. Charlton on back foot too, conceding a late goal. Fartown huffed and puffed but Lee Clarke could not help them conjour anything better than a 2-2 draw. Cumbrians have also weighed in with a nice birthday present for us in a goaless home draw.

All that remains is for us not to waste the opportunity tomorrow and leave West London with our pockets full ! lol

Well, they shouldn't have been favourites for the title in my opinion, a baffling decision by the bookies and media.

They have no one other than Lambert upfront to score the goals and the only other very good player they have (Lallana) is out injured. In theory they are a decent side but vastly overrated and it will show when one of their few 'stars' isn't in the team - as it did today.

No doubt the sacking of Pardew took a hit on the teams morale too but they are overrated - it's us to win the league and always was.

On the other hand, look at our firepower, Tudgay and Mellor (who are already both better than Lambert) with backup in the form of '20 goals a season in this league' Heffernan and Clinton Morrison who had it not been for Irvine, would be playing in the league above!

Stupid flipping bookies fondling Southampton. I can't wait till we open up a nice gap at the top and they'll be forced to conceed they probably got this one wrong! :biggrin:

Edited by Darkus Owlus

We should go up this year, no excuses.

Our squad is the strongest in the entire division.

Heck, it is a better squad that what we've had in the Championship for the last couple of years!

Edited by SiJ

Must admit for once, I can't wait for each match to roll along. I just have a feeling (maybe hopeless unrealistic optimism) that we are going to absolutely rip this league apart. It's a long time since we did anything special and it really would be great i this was our year. It would be nice to get the rest of the country noticing us for the right reasons for a change :cool: .

UTO

FTB

WTID

I still think Southampton will be a team to watch out for.

However the one thing I've learned as a football fan (from last season) is that you cant underestimate how much of an negative effect the backroom problems has on pitch results.

On paper we had a better squad last season than the year before and logic says we should have stayed up.

At the moment we look a happy unit and this added with a squad of good players is why we are top.

Southampton need to iron out their issues and they will be fine.