Travel Info for Brentford (Sunday)

Alternative route> Out of Bedroom 1115> cross to Bathroom (not forgetting to shout for a tea and bacon sarnie) 1128 Exit bathroom, flare nostrils, taking in smell of sizzling bacon>

1129 plonk self on settee have swig of tea> 1131 peruse P, SM & NOTW make sure i know what is required to regain top spot> 1135 tuck into 2 bacon bread cakes with splash of Hendersons>1150 swill down with swig of tea, papers on coffee table for later> 1155 all team news > Noon KO

1350 WHAT A DAY THAT WAS ! TOP OF THE LEAGUE AGAIN !

Probably A1 or it would be the M11 which ever is easiest??

I'd say A1M - M25 - A10 - A406 (north circ) for ease of navigation - you can go all the way down the A1 to where it meets the A406 but it can be a nightmare (but so can any of these routes tbh)

The problem could be that when central London is shut to traffic the periphery can get gridlocked - i'd advise you to get to the end of the A1m in PLENTY of time - the A406 usually stands still at the best of time

Come straight down the M1.

Straight down Edgeware Road into Kilburn.

Turn Right onto Brondsbury Road.

Bottom of Bronsbury Road turn left by Queens Park Tube and keep Right around the Island onto Kilburn Lane.

Turn left at the end of Kilburn Lane following the signs for Notting Hill.

At first set of Traffic lights turn right onto Harrow Road.

Within quarter of mile turn left into Scrubbs Lane ( Steptoe set and wormwood scrubbs fame).

The junction will bring you into Wood Lane, take a left...you will pass White City Tube on left, see QPR floodlights on right and pass BBC TV studios on right.

Continue down Wood lane to junction/Island it's quite busy and confusing with many turn offs, you need to be heading slightly right and taking the turn off for Kew gardens.

Having made it this far Brenford FC signs will start to appear.

NOTE : The North Circular will do the job from the M1 but can be very slow on Saturday. The above route tends to be slow down Edgeware Rd but after that not too bad.

Someone mentioned the A1 or M11 don't bother you will be wrong side of London. Certainly not M11 but even the A1 will bring you into West end traffic of Swiss Cottage and St Johns Wood and Regents Park, Lords area.

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl

Come straight down the M1.

Straight down Edgeware Road into Kilburn.

Turn Right onto Brondsbury Road.

Bottom of Bronsbury Road turn left by Queens Park Tube and keep Right around the Island onto Kilburn Lane.

Turn left at the end of Kilburn Lane followingOne guy mentioned the A1 signs for Notting Hill.

At first set of Traffic lights turn right onto Harrow Road.

Within quarter of mile turn left into Scrubbs Lane ( Steptoe set and wormwood scrubbs fame).

The junction will bring you into Wood Lane, take a left...you will pass White City Tube on left, see QPR floodlights on right and pass BBC TV studios on right.

Continue down Wood lane to junction it's quite busy and confusing with many turn offs, you need to be heading slightly right and taking the turn off for Kew gardens.

Having made it this far Brenford FC signs will start to appear.

NOTE : The North Circular will do the job from the M1 but can be very slow on Saturday. The above route tends to be slow down Edgeware Rd but after that not too bad.

Someone mentioned the A1 or M11 don't bother you will be wrong side of London. Certainly not M11 but even the A1 will bring you into West end traffic of Swiss Cottage and St Johns Wood and Regents Park, Lords area.

Nice one cheers but whats the traffic like say 10am on a sunday morning?

What about people like owlinlincoln who is already on that side of London? M1 isn't really an option

Also rathert than go through Kilburn you'd be FAR better off getting off at the M25 and follwing it round to the A40 - or if the traffic is okay then follow the M25 to the M4 and just follow it into Brentford

I think even those coming down the A1M would probably be better doing that if the traffic is okay

Nice one cheers but whats the traffic like say 10am on a sunday morning?

Not good - it never is - especially with an event that closes central London

Oh - forgot to add

Places which are heavily Jewish - Finchley, Golders Green, Swiss Cottage areas - are a nightmare on a Sunday because that for them is their version of our Saturday - or at least how they used to be - they tend to go out and about and the areas get really busy

Edited by scram

Guest sotonowl

Alternative route> Out of Bedroom 1115> cross to Bathroom (not forgetting to shout for a tea and bacon sarnie) 1128 Exit bathroom, flare nostrils, taking in smell of sizzling bacon>

1129 plonk self on settee have swig of tea> 1131 peruse P, SM & NOTW make sure i know what is required to regain top spot> 1135 tuck into 2 bacon bread cakes with splash of Hendersons>1150 swill down with swig of tea, papers on coffee table for later> 1155 all team news > Noon KO

1350 WHAT A DAY THAT WAS ! TOP OF THE LEAGUE AGAIN !

That was roughly my plan as well,now totally scuppered,

flip,flip,flip

by far the easiest route on a Sunday for anyone coming down from the North is to get on M1 and leave at junction 6 and take the M25 towards Heathrow. Come off at the M4 junction and follow the signs for Central London. Come off at junction 2 (i think) and the do a u turn at the roundabout and the ground should be on your left hand side.

i personally wouldn't bother going through central London due to the sky cycle thing that is going on

by far the easiest route on a Sunday for anyone coming down from the North is to get on M1 and leave at junction 6 and take the M25 towards Heathrow. Come off at the M4 junction and follow the signs for Central London. Come off at junction 2 (i think) and the do a u turn at the roundabout and the ground should be on your left hand side.

i personally wouldn't bother going through central London due to the sky cycle thing that is going on

Personally, I wouldn't even bother coming down the M1 to London.

My advice for all is to go on the M1 down to Northampton and then cut across on the A43 to the M40, and come down the M40. Or get the A42/M42 for the M40. That'll then lead you onto the A40 which is the correct side for Brentford.

The M1 has roadworks between junction 12 to junction 8 and for some reason, they keep the average 50mph speed limit throughout (despite breaks in the roadworks). Obviously the local police force need as much money as they can.

The M25 has roadworks between Junction 16 and Junction 20 and on a bad day, they can cause mayhem. I'd stay clear of these if I was you, unless you are leaving with plenty and I mean plenty of time. It could be ok and you get through quickly but if there's an accident or congestion - it can easily add half an hour to an hour on your journey

The M4 is also a risk. After the heathrow turnoff, it becomes a 2 way motorway all the way into London. If there's an accident on that stretch, you could be sitting in your car for a very long time.

Best route in my opinion is A40 into London and then turn onto the A406 for Brentford (at Hanger Lane). I'm not sure if the Central Line is running but you could get a central line from Hanger Lane to Ealing Broadway/Acton Town and walk to Brentford from there, I don't think its that far from the ground.

Edited by katie melua

Guest East_Dene_Owl

I'm still waiting for pub info!!! I know there's a pub on each corner of ground but was wondering if they'd be opening early.

M1 Roadworks are Jn 13 to Jn 10 - 50mph average speed check all way through

Can be a nightmare Mon to Fri but anytime if there is a vehicle breakdown. Same with M25 anticlockwise round to Heathrow. Spent 1.5 hours in a queue at 9pm on a saturday night which was caused by one car breaking down

Advice keep an ear on the Travel News and divert if necessary on to A43 to M40 if you get the chance - nothing on at Silverstone

Even after that you can go through MK, and A421 to Bicester - brings you to the M40 but that takes ages

There are other routes down through Mk to Aylesbury then Beaconsfield then M40 Jn 2 or 3 , but quite slow - only use if M1 / M25 are clogged

Saying that it really shouldn't be bad on a sunday morning