Sign in to follow this  
vienna

Brentford

Have just became my ticket for the Brentford match.

I will make the trip from Austria and have a question to the London Owls:

How can I make it from Griffin Park to Stansted Airport (my flight is at 17:00h)? There will be only 2 hours for that and I'm afraid, that it will be close ..

Thank you for your help !

P.S. We have sold only 740 tickets at the minute (from 1600)! I know it eill be on Sky but ... Come on you Owls, lets make the Griggin park rocking !

Best regards from Austria ! (and sorry for the bad englisch)

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Don't know the best way, but knowing London slightly I'd be stunned if you'd make it in 2 hours from full time, especially on a Sunday.

Don't know the best way, but knowing London slightly I'd be stunned if you'd make it in 2 hours from full time, especially on a Sunday. Good luck.

Don't know the best way, but knowing London slightly I'd be stunned if you'd make it in 2 hours from full time, especially on a Sunday. Good luck.

There must be a taxi companies (airport transfers) in London. The problem is that I don't know them . Google don't helps much this time :(

How can I make it from Griffin Park to Stansted Airport (my flight is at 17:00h)? There will be only 2 hours for that and I'm afraid, that it will be close ..

P.S. We have sold only 740 tickets at the minute (from 1600)! I know it eill be on Sky but ... Come on you Owls, lets make the Griggin park rocking !

Think you'll have to get the train into central London (probably Liverpool Street) and then jump onto the tube. You'll be cutting it fine though. Otherwise it's a taxi which will cost a Kings ransom! :ohmy:

Going to be very tough mate,

Stansted Express from Liverpool St is quickest about 50mins, faster than driving. Taxi would cost at least £70??

need to get to either Liverpool St or Tottenham Hale Underground to pick Stansted Express Up,

they do go every 15mins and guess you would buy a return ticket on your journey into London

How long before flight do you need to check in??

links below may help

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/

http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/page/GettingToGriffinPark/0,,10421~403951,00.html

Best of Luck!!

Going to be very tough mate,

Stansted Express from Liverpool St is quickest about 50mins, faster than driving. Taxi would cost at least £70??

need to get to either Liverpool St or Tottenham Hale Underground to pick Stansted Express Up,

they do go every 15mins and guess you would buy a return ticket on your journey into London

How long before flight do you need to check in??

links below may help

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/

http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/page/GettingToGriffinPark/0,,10421~403951,00.html

Best of Luck!!

Thank you for the links !

I will make an onlike check in to save time. Also I think 45 min. before the flight (17:00h) will be enough. That means I have about 2 h from stadion to the airport (47 miles).

Edited by vienna

On a weekend it's bad and on a Sunday it's worse

I think you're cutting it REALLY fine and in truth i think you need to investigate getting a later flight

It's vital you check the station and line closures for weekends as there are a LOT of them - and many that are running are on a reduced schedule

Guest mattwilleyuk

Thank you for the links !

I will make an onlike check in to save time. Also I think 45 min. before the flight (17:00h) will be enough. That means I have about 2 h from stadion to the airport (47 miles).

Get a quote from Addison Lee - they will do door to door, straight to the airport.

Quite posh but surprisingly competitive - will still be expensive, but they should be able to get you there in 2 hours

http://www.addisonlee.com/

Cheers

Please click the following link to view the suggested Journey Plan:

Brentford to Stanstead

think your best bet is to get on tube at Northfields or South Ealing, (type in Brentford FC in google maps they are next to each other) which is on Piccadilly Line Dark Blue.

Stay on Piccadilly line to GREEN PARK, change onto Victoria Line Light Blue to TOTTENHAM HALE. Get on the Stansted Express there.

Thats the quickest, as it won't take you much more time to get to Tottenham Hale than Liverpool St, and it is 10-15mins quicker from there to Stansted.

Other tubes nearer the ground are on district line Green, which are less frequent and slower such as Gunnersbury.

Road transport in London is very slow, it can take you an hour to do 10miles in the daytime, even on a Sunday.

Pahowl's link is similar to mine above

would definitely change at GREEN PARK rather than Finsbury Park, as Victoria line is quicker than Piccadilly getting up to North London, lot less Stops.

route planner isn't always 100% accurate.