A Fans eye view of the trouble on sat

Guest zero)))

Not all Hartlepool fans are thugs, Jeff Stelling is a legend..

I don't think we should batter them when they come to Hillsborough just because of a few twwats.

However if those same twwats are there then I hope karma has her way.

I for one dont believe they have only been charged with Assault.

I can find grounds for GBH with intent which carries a maximum 15 year prison sentence. If they are are not charged with GBH I will be writing to the Club to push for an answer as to why this isn't the case.

obviously didn't witness what happened but imagine any decent defence lawyer would state "My client stumbled and fell against the guy and he fell what happened was terrible"

Not sure which radio station it was on as i have ben traveling about a bit today but on one of them it did say one of those arrested for the attack on Sid (Kev Taylor) had been charged with causing ABH.

which IIRC carries a tariff of 2-4 years.

obviously didn't witness what happened but imagine any decent defence lawyer would state "My client stumbled and fell against the guy and he fell what happened was terrible"

Decent? why would lying make him decent.

I'd have thought that ABH (Actual Bodily Harm) would not be correct in this instance. GBH is more fitting as it covers breaking the continuity of the skin causing blood to flow and fractures.

Edited by Sam779

I'd have thought that ABH (Actual Bodily Harm) would not be correct in this instance. GBH is more fitting as it covers breaking the continuity of the skin causing blood to flow and fractures.

Somebody I know knocked 7 shades out of a bloke, he was charged with ABH

Not sure which radio station it was on as i have ben traveling about a bit today but on one of them it did say one of those arrested for the attack on Sid (Kev Taylor) had been charged with causing ABH.

Can't be ABH - the poor guy is lying unconscious with a bolt in his head measuring the pressure within his skull - he is in a very serious condition and there's no way surely the thug who attacked will be charged with probably the most minor of the assault charges?!?!

Guest intercity0wl

Can't be ABH - the poor guy is lying unconscious with a bolt in his head measuring the pressure within his skull - he is in a very serious condition and there's no way surely the thug who attacked will be charged with probably the most minor of the assault charges?!?!

Seriously not up on what charges apply in these situation, just saying what i heard which was ABH and the word affray was also mentioned.

Seriously not up on what charges apply in these situation, just saying what i heard which was ABH and the word affray was also mentioned.

Wasn't arguing with you my friend - just had a burst of outrage at the thought that these lowlife sewer-dwellers might get a slap on the wrist with a joke of a charge

This is serious poo poo and a guy is fighting for his life - it has to be the strongest possible charge - surely

Guest hirstyspint

Anyone in the know...... Is this the same Sid that goes to games with Jane? She had cancer a few years back but was eventually given the all clear after an op.

Yes it is the same Sid.

All the best Sid, hope you make a full recovery and are back at Hillsboro' soon.

Just when you are starting to think all this sh*te went out with the Ark you get a sad reminder that football is still contaminated by thugs who accept violence towards fellow fans is part and parcel of todays game.

For the last decade or so it seems to have been taken as read that these sorta folk go at it toe to toe with likeminded individuals and leave the rest of us alone, doesn't happen.

In the 70's and 80's it was taken as read that you visited certain grounds and you ran the risk of a beating, or sometimes worse, i thought we had moved on, it seems we have not.

Talk of repurcussions against Hartlepool fans is mindless, the chances of the same individuals who attacked Sid, receiving the "eye for an eye " treatment is one in a million, let the police in Hartlepool deal with it, I hope they do it properly.

It sickens me to think there are Hartlepool fans worried about coming to Hillsborough for the return fixture, it also worries me that we have an element who will seek revenge, every club has them, and in this league i'm afraid Wednesday may have more than most.

Ive read the messages on Pool websites, and the views of their fans on here wishing the Wednesday lads all the best, and i'd fookin' hate for one of them to cop it at Hillsborough in April, and believe me there is more chance of some innocent Hartlepool supporter getting a beating than there is of the scummers who attacked the Owl fans stopping one.

No-one should be afraid to come to Hillsborough...obviously apart from Owls fans for the obvious footballing reasons.

Tensions are running high at the moment, but lets remember it has got **** all to do with your average Hartlepool fan, they are as sickened by it as we are, as they have shown

Those who are wishing the utter scumbag who did this to "get a good kicking" - well that just perpetuates the moronic mindlessness that has led to this poor guy being in intensive care in a very bad way

Hopefull ythe shytebag will be punished severely by the law - i should think a 5 stretch would give him plenty of time to reflect on how big and hard it is to pick on innocent football fans - and that's as long as Sid fully recovers

If Sid's outcome is less than full (God forbid) then at least double that

These rumbleing idiots have to be stopped and that's why it's not a "severe" penalty with the guys who kicked off with the Leeds fans on the train for eg - it's all part of the same ever perpetuating cycle of thuggery that wrecks lives and families.

All the best Sid, hope you make a full recovery and are back at Hillsboro' soon.

Just when you are starting to think all this sh*te went out with the Ark you get a sad reminder that football is still contaminated by thugs who accept violence towards fellow fans is part and parcel of todays game.

For the last decade or so it seems to have been taken as read that these sorta folk go at it toe to toe with likeminded individuals and leave the rest of us alone, doesn't happen.

In the 70's and 80's it was taken as read that you visited certain grounds and you ran the risk of a beating, or sometimes worse, i thought we had moved on, it seems we have not.

Talk of repurcussions against Hartlepool fans is mindless, the chances of the same individuals who attacked Sid, receiving the "eye for an eye " treatment is one in a million, let the police in Hartlepool deal with it, I hope they do it properly.

It sickens me to think there are Hartlepool fans worried about coming to Hillsborough for the return fixture, it also worries me that we have an element who will seek revenge, every club has them, and in this league i'm afraid Wednesday may have more than most.

Ive read the messages on Pool websites, and the views of their fans on here wishing the Wednesday lads all the best, and i'd fookin' hate for one of them to cop it at Hillsborough in April, and believe me there is more chance of some innocent Hartlepool supporter getting a beating than there is of the scummers who attacked the Owl fans stopping one.

No-one should be afraid to come to Hillsborough...obviously apart from Owls fans for the obvious footballing reasons.

Tensions are running high at the moment, but lets remember it has got **** all to do with your average Hartlepool fan, they are as sickened by it as we are, as they have shown

My post crossed with yours - otherwise you've said it all - and better (as usual cool.gif)

I really hope both the fellas who were attacked pull through with no ramefications for their longer term health.

Also I hope the police are able to build a substantial case and make charges stick - keep these people off the streets for a long time.

And finally, I hope Hartlepool fans are welcomed at Hillsborough in the right spirit. The good wishes of their supporters on here in various threads shows just how decent a bunch the vast majority of them are. Any innocent Hartlepool supporter suffering any type of incident would be just as much a victim of cowardice as the two SWFC lads. How can anyone who would dish out any "revenge" not see that?

Is it Sid from Swinton - goes with Frankie etc?

I see a repeat of Man Utd from 1994 in the return at Hillsborough when the poolies come up our end. I don't condone football violence but this will have everyone as fair game on that particular day and will be lively to say the least.

Thought with the lads.

Is it that Sid?

flip me, he used to live about 200 yards down the road from me.

Hope he's on the mend.

Guest shamedpoolie

I for one dont believe they have only been charged with Assault.

I can find grounds for GBH with intent which carries a maximum 15 year prison sentence. If they are are not charged with GBH I will be writing to the Club to push for an answer as to why this isn't the case.

I was thinking about this earlier, I reckon the Police have charged them to make sure they can remand the ones directly responsible, final charges for ABH, GBH, attempted murder, affray etc will be added on after the weekend when the statements and videos have been looked at. Hopefully for Sid and his family no more serious charges are required.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that with this kind of thing, as crap as it might be, often what we consider to be lesser charges are brought forward just to ensure a conviction of somekind, rather than the CPS trying to make something more serious stick which may be affected by lack of evidence etc etc and not lead to any conviction at all. Don't know enough about it, but does make you question our legal system if this understanding is correct!

Guest wadsgod

Come on the powers that be at hillsborough show your support for this guy. GOOD LUCK SID AND HOPE YOU HAVE A SPEEDY RECOVERY.