A Fans eye view of the trouble on sat

I don't know Sid nor did I attend Saturday. I'm truly shocked by the attack and wish Sid all the best.

I must admit I really fear for visiting pools fans in the return fixture.

Many pools fans will get battered because of a few mindless w@nkers.

All the best Sid, we're all thinking about you matey.

Guys the latest on Sid (that's his footy name) from mid day today is that he was having a better day. The pressure in his brain has reduced from 20 to 10 and whilst there is still bleeding they say it has reduced and is more localised 2 damaged area.

He's got a long way to go but moving in the right direction

That's good to hear, dowls.......thanks for letting us know.

*keeps praying*

Guest mrbluesky

Guys the latest on Sid (that's his footy name) from mid day today is that he was having a better day. The pressure in his brain has reduced from 20 to 10 and whilst there is still bleeding they say it has reduced and is more localised 2 damaged area.

that's encouraging news don't want to temp fate but looks like he`s going to pull through

Sickening, I'm embarrassed that these people are part of the human race. I can't even begin to articulate just how pointless and pathetic it is.

I'd genuinely advise Hartlepool fans to stay away for the return fixture, because like it or not it's fact that there will be people out for revenge, and they probably won't care who they get it against.

i was hoping to make the return fixture with the wife and spend the night at a sheff wed fans house on the night in frecheville but after reading some of the posts about revenge do you lot think i might be wise not to?

I'd like to think as a fanbase we're better than that, foreverpools...... but sadly the fooktard element that all clubs have dont need much encouragement.........so yes, just to be on the safe side.

Good news, hope it carries on and he recovers.

Edited by Rachy

I think it's a little bit early to be worrying about the ramifications for the return fixture - at the moment emotions are still running very high and whilst "Sid" is still in hospital then football doesnt much matter anyways.

Hopefully he makes a full recovery and all this has calmed down a bit by April.

Sadly thats very idealistic and things rarely turn out "for the best" in situations like this, a few knobheads will ultimately try and spoil it in the name of Sheffield Wednesday.

Guest Bourne

I for one dont believe they have only been charged with Assault.

I can find grounds for GBH with intent which carries a maximum 15 year prison sentence. If they are are not charged with GBH I will be writing to the Club to push for an answer as to why this isn't the case.

i was hoping to make the return fixture with the wife and spend the night at a sheff wed fans house on the night in frecheville but after reading some of the posts about revenge do you lot think i might be wise not to?

I think it'll be ok for most pools fans, but would probably best not to wear colours and make youself an easy target.

will be writing to the Club to push for an answer as to why this isn't the case.

So will i, i was disgusted when i read they had only been given minor charges, this fella is fighting for his life for goodness sake.

Guest mrbluesky

I for one dont believe they have only been charged with Assault.

I can find grounds for GBH with intent which carries a maximum 15 year prison sentence. If they are are not charged with GBH I will be writing to the Club to push for an answer as to why this isn't the case.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves, tbh i just want this guy `Sid` to pull through firstly and i think the police wont make the charge until all evidence is gathered and the outcome of Sids injuries

Guest intercity0wl

If they havent been charged why have they been in court today?

Not sure which radio station it was on as i have ben traveling about a bit today but on one of them it did say one of those arrested for the attack on Sid (Kev Taylor) had been charged with causing ABH.