A Fans eye view of the trouble on sat

And the saddest thing is that even Wednesday have a minority of thuggish idiot fans who think that's excusable. I wish there was a way of rooting them all out no matter what their colours. That it can be described as 'foolish' to follow your team to what is a fixture I suppose a lot of fans were looking out for, simply because of the actions of a fat bloke you've never met but who happens to wear the same shirt as you, is flipping ridiculous.

Hasten to add- not directed at you TheEX, I agree with what you say there. But if anyone's reading this and planning to target Pool fans coming down here- flip off out of Wednesday and out of football, tails.

Spot on Southport, I know it's a thorny subject but maybe if football was all done on a membership basis (i.e. if you are not a member you can't attend matches), then we could root these people out once and for all. Misbehave and you lose your membership and therefore cannot attend. Bear in mind however that this would be no guarantee of stopping trouble outside of grounds.

I am playing devil's advocate with this and would be interested to hear other peoples views.

Just got back from holiday today.

I was elated to find out on the return journey that we had won on Saturday and gone top of the league, but any happiness has been dampened by hearing about this incident. I would swap all ten points to go back in time and wipe out this incident if that were posssible.

Here's hoping all the best for a swift recovery.

I know I shouldn't put all Hartlepool fans in the same category, but Hartlepool have just become the team I hate most. I just hope people are sensible when Hartlepool visit Sheffield for the return fixture for heaven knows we have enough idiots of our own. We just don't need any bad publicity.

Guest romfordowl

just got back from north east

hate to say it and didn't witness what went on in pub, but was walking to station pissed and oblivious to anything and there were wednesday fans giving it the come on as we approached station, same carried on in entrance, someone was tryng to organise wednesdayites so had a look thinking the station was going to be attacked and just seen a few of poolies popping heads round corners giving verbals, all very petty and tragically resulted in this terrible instance

well done to oldskool who helped him out, Sid was in a bad way and felt terrible that anyone goes to a game and ends up in that way

what also sickended me was that everyone un-workable off on train to London and left him there

wouldn't want mates like that and certainly wouldn't want to get involedin any mitehr alongside such people either

rumbleing proper downer on an excellent day, my wishes go out to the bloke and his family I hope he comes through alright

Hoolies can roger Off

UTO

Guys the latest on Sid (that's his footy name) from mid day today is that he was having a better day. The pressure in his brain has reduced from 20 to 10 and whilst there is still bleeding they say it has reduced and is more localised 2 damaged area.

He's got a long way to go but moving in the right direction

Is it Sid from Swinton - goes with Frankie etc?

I see a repeat of Man Utd from 1994 in the return at Hillsborough when the poolies come up our end. I don't condone football violence but this will have everyone as fair game on that particular day and will be lively to say the least.

Thought with the lads.

Guest Darkus Owlus

just got back from north east

hate to say it and didn't witness what went on in pub, but was walking to station pissed and oblivious to anything and there were wednesday fans giving it the come on as we approached station, same carried on in entrance, someone was tryng to organise wednesdayites so had a look thinking the station was going to be attacked and just seen a few of poolies popping heads round corners giving verbals, all very petty and tragically resulted in this terrible instance

well done to oldskool who helped him out, Sid was in a bad way and felt terrible that anyone goes to a game and ends up in that way

what also sickended me was that everyone un-workable off on train to London and left him there

wouldn't want mates like that and certainly wouldn't want to get involedin any mitehr alongside such people either

rumbleing proper downer on an excellent day, my wishes go out to the bloke and his family I hope he comes through alright

Hoolies can roger Off

UTO

Unfortunately there's more people willing to walk along than stop and help. It's almost as shocking as the incident itself, I can never understand anyone who'd walk away in that instance. It makes me ill to think people willing do that and turn a blind eye.

Thankfully a top man and a Police Officer was with him while he was injured, that can be a tremendous amount of support to someone in pain and shock from a savage attack.

Fingers crossed for a full recovery asap and a swift conviction for the cowardly sods who did this.

Not that it really matters but I didn't realise is was that Sid.

As others have said he likes a drink at the matches but is a true owl with no interest in trouble at all.

Why does it always seem to be the innocent that get the outcomes of the mindless morons

Guest romfordowl

Can't see how anyone can want aggro with poolies, sat in their end as did quite a few other owls and were a highly decent bunch, drank in a couple of bars no bother. there were pools fans at station who were equally appalled by what had happened

seems like coppers will have got the guilty parties and they will be in court no doubt about it - cctv etc they are in deep poo poo

one thing though was how come there was no sign of police anywhere near the station at any point leading up to incident, surely a given for most towns after a football match??????

Guys the latest on Sid (that's his footy name) from mid day today is that he was having a better day. The pressure in his brain has reduced from 20 to 10 and whilst there is still bleeding they say it has reduced and is more localised 2 damaged area.

He's got a long way to go but moving in the right direction

That's good news. Hope his condition improves quickly

Spot on Southport, I know it's a thorny subject but maybe if football was all done on a membership basis (i.e. if you are not a member you can't attend matches), then we could root these people out once and for all. Misbehave and you lose your membership and therefore cannot attend. Bear in mind however that this would be no guarantee of stopping trouble outside of grounds.

I am playing devil's advocate with this and would be interested to hear other peoples views.

...or inside. I came down from Newcastle without a ticket expecting to be able to buy a ticket for the visitors end. All was going well until I started queuing for a ticket next to the entrance. Some orange jacketed bloke then asked where I was from. Sheffield came my reply. He then asked if I was on a 'database' I told him no..he told me that for safety reasons I wouldn't be able to buy a ticket and there was no chance I would get into the Wednesday end or anywhere for that matter. So...having just come out of the Hartlepool Supporters Bar, we walked back around to there, went to the home supporters stand, paid and walked straight in....Wednesdayites in with Hartelpool fans. Not quite sure how that works with regards 'Safety Reasons' but the whole concept seemed totally cockeyed to me on Saturday. Had I really wanted to start any trouble and not been bothered about the consequences it would have been simple but it seems being honest only works against you.