A Fans eye view of the trouble on sat

It definitely should be attempted murder. That's if the poor fella, god help him, pulls through.

Hopefully the strength and prayers from his fellow Wednesdayites will help to pull him through, everyones thinking about you pal.

UTO.

So it says( re: Hopes & Prayers for Sid ) on the header to the article.

I didn't see that bit :blush:

It'd be nice if we could all put our names and a little message on an online list and send it to him. The same kind of list as a petition, Is there anyone on here who could sort it out?

1 lad has been remanded in custody and another has been released on bail till friday.i was with a wednesday fan and his sheff u wife(met in bulgaria) all day and night as he booked an hotel for the saturday night and we had a great time on the lash but im now feeling wary about returning the compliment in april because of this carry on and the revenge talk thats going around.

1 lad has been remanded in custody and another has been released on bail till friday.i was with a wednesday fan and his sheff u wife(met in bulgaria) all day and night as he booked an hotel for the saturday night and we had a great time on the lash but im now feeling wary about returning the compliment in april because of this carry on and the revenge talk thats going around.

Emotions are running high at the moment, mate.

From the number of decent 'Poolies who've come on here to offer apologies and best wishes,I'd say you're just as much victims in this as we are

Emotions are running high at the moment, mate.

From the number of decent 'Poolies who've come on here to offer apologies and best wishes,I'd say you're just as much victims in this as we are

As always, its the mindless few that spoil it for the majority. No doubt lifetime bans will follow for these scum bags, unfortunately it doesn't stop em doing what they did yesterday just cos they don't attend a football match.

I hope it doesn't stop Pools fans attending Hillsbro in the return match for fear of retribution!

Remember 1994 and the backlash Man. Utd fans got at Hillsborough after the poo poo they dished to regular fans after the League Cup semi? Well that will be nothing methinks to what will befall any Hartlepool fan foolish enough to come down to Hillsborough for the return. It's a sad fact that it will likely not be the 'burly bloke' or any of his pals who will suffer, because they know they won't have the balls to come to Sheffield, but it will be ordinary decent fans who get caught.

Remember 1994 and the backlash Man. Utd fans got at Hillsborough after the poo poo they dished to regular fans after the League Cup semi? Well that will be nothing methinks to what will befall any Hartlepool fan foolish enough to come down to Hillsborough for the return. It's a sad fact that it will likely not be the 'burly bloke' or any of his pals who will suffer, because they know they won't have the balls to come to Sheffield, but it will be ordinary decent fans who get caught.

I sincerely hope this doesn't happen, the law should be allowed to deal with this. Its a handful of mindless, iresponsible thugs. We really shouldn't lower ourselves to their standards and risk never being able to watch our beloved Owls.

I do hope 'Sid' recovers and the other young chap and it doesn't put them off attending games in the future.

A speedy recovery to you both.

I do hope we find out what happens to the scrubbers who did this malicious act of violence.

Edited by Tarnyowl

And the saddest thing is that even Wednesday have a minority of thuggish idiot fans who think that's excusable. I wish there was a way of rooting them all out no matter what their colours. That it can be described as 'foolish' to follow your team to what is a fixture I suppose a lot of fans were looking out for, simply because of the actions of a fat bloke you've never met but who happens to wear the same shirt as you, is flipping ridiculous.

Hasten to add- not directed at you TheEX, I agree with what you say there. But if anyone's reading this and planning to target Pool fans coming down here- flip off out of Wednesday and out of football, tails.

Edited by southportdc

And the saddest thing is that even Wednesday have a minority of thuggish idiot fans who think that's excusable. I wish there was a way of rooting them all out no matter what their colours. That it can be described as 'foolish' to follow your team to what is a fixture I suppose a lot of fans were looking out for, simply because of the actions of a fat bloke you've never met but who happens to wear the same shirt as you, is flipping ridiculous.

Hasten to add- not directed at you TheEX, I agree with what you say there. But if anyone's reading this and planning to target Pool fans coming down here- flip off out of Wednesday and out of football, tails.

I couldn't agree more- 2 wrongs will never make a right and you're not doing Sid any favours in thinking this way.

The trouble in Hartlepool doesn't surprise me unfortunately. I bumped in a group of Hartlepool fans in Barcelona when England played Andorra a few years ago. There was about 10 of them all aged late teens to early 20's most of them Danny Dyer types. Ended up having a good chat with them in the end but to start with they all said to a man that they hated Wednesday.

They said it was due to the playoffs and Wednesday taking Turner as manager.

All the best to SID

Guest JonTheOwl66

The trouble in Hartlepool doesn't surprise me unfortunately. I bumped in a group of Hartlepool fans in Barcelona when England played Andorra a few years ago. There was about 10 of them all aged late teens to early 20's most of them Danny Dyer types. Ended up having a good chat with them in the end but to start with they all said to a man that they hated Wednesday.

They said it was due to the playoffs and Wednesday taking Turner as manager.

All the best to SID

Ridiculous..