Best Home support he has heard in years

Guest intercity0wl

Guest intercity0wl

Can anyone put a finger on why it was so good?

Apart from the fact we won of course, but still...

Seems a bit of a mystery

Maybe the seats around people being empty and not filled by peeps who only occasionaly come and who look at you as if you have a screw loose if you join in the vocals make people feel less inhibited, only a theory.

Can anyone put a finger on why it was so good?

Apart from the fact we won of course, but still...

Seems a bit of a mystery

the DJ had a recording of the crowd from last years Palace game on loop !!

Might sound cheesy but when was the last time we saw a Wednesday side genuinely put that much effort and commitment into getting a result? I think the fans just reacted positively to what they saw on the pitch.

Then again I've seen us 5-0 up at hillsborough with less singing so it is a bit of a mystery, hopefully one that will continue all season.

Might sound cheesy but when was the last time we saw a Wednesday side genuinely put that much effort and commitment into getting a result? I think the fans just reacted positively to what they saw on the pitch.

Then again I've seen us 5-0 up at hillsborough with less singing so it is a bit of a mystery, hopefully one that will continue all season.

Spot on. The players put more effort in on saturday than the whole of last season. I will get behind the team no matter how bad they are if their willing to put the effort in on the pitch and earn their wages. I think alot of Wednesday fans feel the same and want a team they can rely on that they are going to give their all for the club.

Edited by beef

As has been said, the players encouraged the fans for the first time in a long time- Mellor, Tudgay, Potter, Coke, Sedgwick and even Buxton were steaming into every 50/50 ball all over the pitch, and running their nuts off for the team.

Not to mention we actually showed some nice football at times as well.

If they continue to play like that, the crowds will go up, and the support will stay loud.

Spot on with the effort and commitment point.

The 5-0 up point isn't a mystery at all - at 5-0 up the match is won so everyone can relax and enjoy it.

On Saturday we had the combination of the spirited team performance already mentioned, coupled with only being 1-0 up and in a very competitive match fighting for the 3 points.

The 2 together made for the atmosphere.

I also think having the away supporters in the lower tier helps because they are closer to the action and closer to our fans which encourages both sets of supporters to make more noise.

Exactly.

As for the easy victories, I think you get that alot. The crowd don't feel the need to get behind the team when they're cruising to a win.

I've missed the first 2 home games this season. Next game I'll manage is 11th September. No doubt the atmosphere will be crap and I'll have missed out. Typical.

Seriously though, this all sounds promising. Keep up a decent run of results and crowds will pick up. Though I'd rather have 18k behind the team than 25k moaning. Not so good for the accounts though.

Guest jt3rifles

The band made the difference for me, especially the last 10 mins

yes because we all love the ongoing banging of a drum gets us well in the mood, :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink: