Torrential rain in Colchester (match in doubt)

Guest Owl30

They gave the fans a good watering with the sprinklers too.

Yeah I was laughing to myself at half time when that happened.

The fans were leaning on the advertising boards minding there own business when the sprinklers came on and they got soaked, made me chuckly anyway.

Felt sorry for the lad sat infront of me on the front row who was on crutches. The front row was reserved for disabled fans and the stewards were trying to stop fans standing there but couldnt stop them, so the poor lad had to keep getting up and down with his crutches so he could see.

Guest intercity0wl

I know looked more like drought weather than extreme torrential rain! Did have the rain on the way back though. Hammered it down so much 20mph was fastest you could go really and the road was just water. Couldnt see the lanes or any road markings.

Think the visibility during the downpour on the way back was the worst i have ever driven in.

On the way there was a massive downpour about 9 am, cant remember the weather being no where near as bad on the way back though.

Saying that id had a few on the way home so i probably didn't even realise.

Edited by Owl30

Guest intercity0wl

On the way there was a massive downpour about 9 am, cant remember the weather being no where near as bad on the way back though.

Saying that id had a few on the way home so i probably didn't even realise.

Steady rain for me on the way down, not sure where on the way back it was but it was nearly smashing the windscreen in, i can honestly say i could not see if i was still on the road as i could not see it with the wipers on full, bit scary if im honest ( the visability not the rain).

Steady rain for me on the way down, not sure where on the way back it was but it was nearly smashing the windscreen in, i can honestly say i could not see if i was still on the road as i could not see it with the wipers on full, bit scary if im honest ( the visability not the rain).

Like i say i can't really remember the weather on the way back as i was too busy gabbing, but at one point on the way there there was a massive downpour we were down to about 30 miles an hour all the traffic jammed because of it.

I crapped myself on the way home because of an horrendous downpour.

Got to about Newark and it decided to lash it down big style, only last for about 3/4 mins but I was down to 20/30 mph on the A1 as I could hardly see through my windscreen let alone see the road/any another cars.