You think so.where are these fans going to come from exactly when on traditionally one off the best days off the season we get 23,000(good crowd).This league is poor away followings are going to be 500 most weeks and you are expecting AROUND 23500-24K home fans in the ground each week as an average it ain't happening if we average 21k I will be amazed.

Last time we were down here we averaged more than 24k IIRC.

And that was finishing 5th.

If we can challenge in the top 4 or maybe even 2, i see no reason why we can't match that 24k average or maybe even beat it.

It all depends on what happens on the pitch- winning football will mean big crowds, regardless of who we're playing and how many they bring with them to Hillsborough.

You think so.where are these fans going to come from exactly when on traditionally one off the best days off the season we get 23,000(good crowd).This league is poor away followings are going to be 500 most weeks and you are expecting AROUND 23500-24K home fans in the ground each week as an average it ain't happening if we average 21k I will be amazed.

Not necessarily the case.........it all depends on the team, if we are in the top two then 24,000 isn't out of the question.....top six then it'll be closer to 20/21,000...then again if we struggle 16 or 17,000 is quite possible.

Rob I did qualify the remark by saying if we set the pace from the off, meaning if we are in the top two all season. Last time round (04/05) we averaged 23,100 and we weren't in the top two all season either. In fact we were hardly in the top two at all.

Edited by Utah Owl

when on traditionally one off the best days off the season we get 23,000(good crowd).This league is poor away followings are going to be 500 most weeks and you are expecting AROUND 23500-24K home fans in the ground each week as an average it ain't happening if we average 21k I will be amazed.

Note; This week falls into the traditional holiday period (Re; Old Sheffield Works-Weeks Last week in July / First Week in August) therefore some people people still on holiday

IMO you should see a relative increase in crowd towards end of August beginning of September, Notwithstanding any deterioration in results that is. :ph34r:

Edited by owls-swfc

Guest intercity0wl

Great crowd but I really don't see where the next 20,000+ crowd is coming from unless we are romping this league and scoring for fun 17k will be the norm.

Can i get odds on your latest prediction Mr C, as im getting more impressed with each one you make.

Last time we were down here we averaged more than 24k IIRC.

And that was finishing 5th.

If we can challenge in the top 4 or maybe even 2, i see no reason why we can't match that 24k average or maybe even beat it.

It all depends on what happens on the pitch- winning football will mean big crowds, regardless of who we're playing and how many they bring with them to Hillsborough.

Fair point but we did also play Hull, Barnsley, Donny and Chesterfield who brought a fair few fans to bump up the average.

Edited by AltyOwl

Doesn't surprise me one bit to be honest. Wednesday's support is amongst the best.

It seems that whenever our backs are against the wall, the fans turn out in numbers to provide the support.

Well done everyone and let's hope our support gets the rewards it deserves one day.

UTO

Guest u avin a laff

Splendid turnout today, what commitment support we provide our beloved club, week in week out with the bs we enjure at board level.

I was thinking 20k tops with the knowledege of the daggers following

Well done fellow fans

Thanks

How long have you been watching football mate ? out of the five people iknow who are regulars,3 are on holiday! its never been a traditioal high crowd as you seem to think

maybe the crowds will drop a little when the amateur leagues start, what with people deciding to play for their pub teams or county teams. just a thought that's all.

maybe the crowds will drop a little when the amateur leagues start, what with people deciding to play for their pub teams or county teams. just a thought that's all.

Got to be said there looked thousands of young fit amateur footballers there yesterday, i said as much to my mate at the match!

Got to be said there looked thousands of young fit amateur footballers there yesterday, i said as much to my mate at the match!

bummer!

bit off topic but did LS say he had bought season tickets for him and his kids. because when he walked into the south stand he had just match day day tickets in his hand when looking for his seat

here we go.

gets ready for the strafford bashing.